geekhack Community > Reviews

MX-Compatible switches, reviews, facts and data.

(1/3) > >>

ideus:
I propose the community members to share their experiences with the new and upcoming MX-Compatible switches. In the interest of this community it would be very important to get the facts and data on this new bread of switches that will be made by different manufacturers due to the patent expiration.

We have been using switches with known quality an reliabilty until now, but the new and upcoming compatible switches will have unknown performance. Thus, it would be very important to have the evidence in a single record for all to be aware of their characteristics, to make informed decisions.

Comments welcome.

samwisekoi:
Great idea!

How about some blind testing at KeyCon East and KeyCon West?  I'd be happy to make a tester board with some Cherry Browns and some MX-compatible Browns from TechKeys.us.

Another good comparison would be two Razers, one with Cherry switches and one with Razer's new MX-compatible switches. 

I'll do the Brown comparison board.  Any Razer fans out there who would be willing to provide the second tester?

- Ron | samwisekoi

CPTBadAss:

--- Quote from: samwisekoi on Thu, 27 March 2014, 11:07:59 ---How about some blind testing at KeyCon East and KeyCon West? 

I'd be happy to make a tester board with some Cherry Browns and some MX-compatible Browns from TechKeys.us.

--- End quote ---

Just so you don't get the East Coast GHers all excited, there's no Keycon East planned AFAIK (unfortunately :(). Just Keycon West hosted by your lovely self Ron and Keycon Midwest in Chicago suggested by mkawa and i3oilermaker.

A tester board at Keycon West would be awesome. I'd be interested in it.

ideus:

--- Quote from: samwisekoi on Thu, 27 March 2014, 11:07:59 ---Great idea!

How about some blind testing at KeyCon East and KeyCon West?  I'd be happy to make a tester board with some Cherry Browns and some MX-compatible Browns from TechKeys.us.

Another good comparison would be two Razers, one with Cherry switches and one with Razer's new MX-compatible switches. 

I'll do the Brown comparison board.  Any Razer fans out there who would be willing to provide the second tester?

- Ron | samwisekoi

--- End quote ---

Excellent idea. I think we should take charge of testing these new switches as users. The manufacturers will be focused on costs and profits, but we are interested in quality and reliability.

ideus:
Check out CPTBadAss' links on some Cherry compatible switches

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version