Author Topic: [GB] Sentraq S60-X RGB Kit (Closing)  (Read 99713 times)

Re: [GB] Sentraq S60-X RGB Kit
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 12:15:37 »
So I went to make my own firmware, and I did not modify the RGB layer, but I can now not switch the mode that the RGB lights are in.
Any ideas?

I should mention that all of the other RGB controls still work.

where can i find how to make changes to the firmware?

i have just like 2 or 3 small changes id like to make feel like it would be simple but dont know how or even where to start.

Offline The Tetanus Clam

« Reply #201 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 16:59:21 »
Can we get a date on when the ALL of them will be shipped? still waiting on mine :/

Offline scizzorz

« Reply #202 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 10:42:17 »
I'm having a lot of trouble getting this keyboard to work consistently. Sometimes everything will work perfectly fine, but if I leave it plugged in overnight I wake up to it having sent a few thousand enter keystrokes and some keys won't work at all, while others will send their entire column and then get stuck.

I'm worried that I've damaged the PCB somehow, but I've checked over all the solder joints a few times and they all seem reasonable to me. The columns that get stuck sending and the keys that don't work change every so often, also.

Is it possible that there's a bug in the firmware? (I'm using the firmware from earlier in this thread). Could my PCB have been defective? Or have I damaged it or just soldered some joint incorrectly?

Thanks!

Offline jisaak

« Reply #203 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 16:41:33 »
I received my package today and already built it up. Everything is working great - good job Sentraq!! Just one question, is there any pre-built (hex) GERMAN ISO layout available?
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 December 2016, 17:16:30 by jisaak »

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #204 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 16:50:30 »
So I went to make my own firmware, and I did not modify the RGB layer, but I can now not switch the mode that the RGB lights are in.
Any ideas?

I should mention that all of the other RGB controls still work.

where can i find how to make changes to the firmware?

i have just like 2 or 3 small changes id like to make feel like it would be simple but dont know how or even where to start.

I would ask this in the TMK thread, QMK is a fork of TMK so people there could probably help. Another place to check is reddit.com/r/olkb for QMK support from Jack himself.
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #205 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 17:20:23 »
To whomever is trying to make their own firmware and can't get the rgb animations to work:

Add this line to your config.h file.

#define RGBLIGHT_ANIMATIONS

Figured I'd save people the frustration that I had.
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 December 2016, 17:54:16 by deductivemonkee »

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #206 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 19:04:58 »
Tested both of my PCB's, it looks like in one of them the escape key doesn't work. I flashed it with the new hex and still nothing. I looked at the surface, comparing it to the other one and everything looks like it is in place. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Or am I just going to have to return it.

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #207 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 19:18:04 »
I'm having a lot of trouble getting this keyboard to work consistently. Sometimes everything will work perfectly fine, but if I leave it plugged in overnight I wake up to it having sent a few thousand enter keystrokes and some keys won't work at all, while others will send their entire column and then get stuck.

I'm worried that I've damaged the PCB somehow, but I've checked over all the solder joints a few times and they all seem reasonable to me. The columns that get stuck sending and the keys that don't work change every so often, also.

Is it possible that there's a bug in the firmware? (I'm using the firmware from earlier in this thread). Could my PCB have been defective? Or have I damaged it or just soldered some joint incorrectly?

Thanks!
Tested both of my PCB's, it looks like in one of them the escape key doesn't work. I flashed it with the new hex and still nothing. I looked at the surface, comparing it to the other one and everything looks like it is in place. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Or am I just going to have to return it.

Can you email me? info@sentraq.com

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #208 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 19:34:32 »

Thanks!

Can you email me? info@sentraq.com

Sent, thank you :)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #209 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 20:13:22 »
Hoping these issues are isolated.  Anyone have positive feedback?  Speak up

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #210 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 22:37:55 »
Just finished the build with my working PCB, and I came across two issues. The bottom 2 right rgb's aren't working (weird because I tested the PCB before soldering and everything was fine) and the 3 inswitch led's for the 1.25x modifier keys also don't work. The issue is localized in the bottom right portion of the pcb, could this be a firmware bug?

Edit: I really do like this kit, it just saddens me that these issues are happening to me. Here is a pic of mine completed.

« Last Edit: Sat, 31 December 2016, 22:52:03 by Arhipio »

« Reply #211 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 23:03:37 »
Hoping these issues are isolated.  Anyone have positive feedback?  Speak up

yes mine is working just fine after flashing the firmware from earlier in the thread.

just have some modifications id like to make but dont know how lol.

people making their own firmware. if you where to share what you have and key layouts and such that would be awesome.

incase any of you are using layouts the rest of us would like to use. just a thought.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #212 on: Sun, 01 January 2017, 00:26:46 »
Fixed my led issue (Though the 2 RGB leds still dont work). But now my keyboard isn't working properly. I hit ctrl and it pulls up the Active Directory out of all things. Most keys won't register anything, other than A which will register as a capital H. I'm assuming this is a firmware issue since this happened after I tried reflashing it to see if the RGB would work. I'll go to bed on this, hope everyone has a Happy New Year :).

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #213 on: Sun, 01 January 2017, 01:49:41 »
Fixed my led issue (Though the 2 RGB leds still dont work). But now my keyboard isn't working properly. I hit ctrl and it pulls up the Active Directory out of all things. Most keys won't register anything, other than A which will register as a capital H. I'm assuming this is a firmware issue since this happened after I tried reflashing it to see if the RGB would work. I'll go to bed on this, hope everyone has a Happy New Year :).

This is a hardware issue. The firmware worked just fine for me, and it wouldn't cause those issues. If anything, check to make sure that nothing is shorting on the bottom of the case.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #214 on: Sun, 01 January 2017, 13:19:34 »

This is a hardware issue. The firmware worked just fine for me, and it wouldn't cause those issues. If anything, check to make sure that nothing is shorting on the bottom of the case.

Definitely a firmware issue, its almost impossible to short with through hole soldering. Even with the case removed the same issues arise. Anyone have a different hex that I could use?

Edit: Got it to work by flashing other random hex's and then flashing the original one back on it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 January 2017, 13:41:09 by Arhipio »

Offline gerankle

« Reply #215 on: Sun, 01 January 2017, 17:03:55 »
Got mine. Had the firmware-based Backspace issue that was easily resolved after following the instructions on this thread (restarting, adding device with drivers in the Flip directory, and then communicating via USB after pressing button on back of PCB). I experienced some strange LED issues, some lights were shorting from the LED leads touching the bottom of the case (my fault for only having bulky wire cutters), and at one point, an entire single row of backlight LEDs wouldn't turn off. After trimming the leads as much as I could and hitting every key aggressively out of frustration, the issue resolved itself.

Would love to upload a layout with arrow keys using the menu modifier or even volume controls on + and - maybe? If I figure out how to make a layout, I'll put it up here.

Every control works (LED controls for me are menu \ to turn on and off, [ to lower, ] to brighten), and the keyboard feels great. Very happy with it!

156605-0
156607-1

« Last Edit: Sun, 01 January 2017, 17:11:17 by gerankle »

Offline jgodinez302

« Reply #216 on: Sun, 01 January 2017, 18:08:35 »
Still waiting on mine :(

« Reply #217 on: Sun, 01 January 2017, 20:53:44 »
Got mine. Had the firmware-based Backspace issue that was easily resolved after following the instructions on this thread (restarting, adding device with drivers in the Flip directory, and then communicating via USB after pressing button on back of PCB). I experienced some strange LED issues, some lights were shorting from the LED leads touching the bottom of the case (my fault for only having bulky wire cutters), and at one point, an entire single row of backlight LEDs wouldn't turn off. After trimming the leads as much as I could and hitting every key aggressively out of frustration, the issue resolved itself.

Would love to upload a layout with arrow keys using the menu modifier or even volume controls on + and - maybe? If I figure out how to make a layout, I'll put it up here.

Every control works (LED controls for me are menu \ to turn on and off, [ to lower, ] to brighten), and the keyboard feels great. Very happy with it!

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

if you could do the arrow keys using the menu modifier plus a Delete key with the same modifier. so like menu+ backspace seems to be common. that would be sweet as those are the only 2 things id like added to my keyboard.

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/

seems to be good place to make a layout.

also super jelly of your keycaps.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #218 on: Sun, 01 January 2017, 21:05:21 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

if you could do the arrow keys using the menu modifier plus a Delete key with the same modifier. so like menu+ backspace seems to be common. that would be sweet as those are the only 2 things id like added to my keyboard.

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/

seems to be good place to make a layout.

also super jelly of your keycaps.

For arrow keys on all of my keyboards I use left-win and wasd. It is so natural that when I use a keyboard that doesn't have it I end up sending a few windows commands until I realize it. If you make a keyboard-layout-editor of exactly what you want I could make it for you.

//edit//

This is my de-facto keymap, and hex file if anyone wants it.

« Last Edit: Sun, 01 January 2017, 21:15:41 by deductivemonkee »

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #219 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 09:54:50 »
Order #1237 here. Package arrived and everything looks good, just seems to be missing the PCB.

Thanks for including the clear midpiece!

Offline cr0n1c

« Reply #220 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 11:04:03 »
just seems to be missing the PCB.

Wait. What?

Offline Slash Emperor

« Reply #221 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 11:14:45 »

Wait. What?
Yeah, there is no sign of any PCB in the package. What's in the photo is what came in the box.

I'm just trying to keep a positive spin on it after all the delays and radio silence in this GB. Couldn't help but chuckle when I saw there wasn't a PCB, just when I thought things were all set. I'm sending an email about it once I'm back home. Here's hoping I can get sorted.

Offline jjwax

« Reply #222 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 11:50:27 »

Wait. What?
Yeah, there is no sign of any PCB in the package. What's in the photo is what came in the box.

I'm just trying to keep a positive spin on it after all the delays and radio silence in this GB. Couldn't help but chuckle when I saw there wasn't a PCB, just when I thought things were all set. I'm sending an email about it once I'm back home. Here's hoping I can get sorted.

yikes.  I'm sure it'll get sorted, I chuckled too.

Offline jjwax

« Reply #223 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 16:26:16 »
Is it possible to program patterns via qmk/tmk for inswitch LEDs on this board?

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #224 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 16:27:17 »

Not that I know of, but better to ask on the olkb reddit. IIRC it is either all on or all off.

//edit// looks like I'm wrong, there is apparently breathing. Check out the experimental keymap in the Planck directory, and the PVC layout in the Atomic directory. I added it to my keymap, seems to work.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 January 2017, 16:34:35 by deductivemonkee »

Offline jjwax

« Reply #225 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 16:53:03 »

Not that I know of, but better to ask on the olkb reddit. IIRC it is either all on or all off.

//edit// looks like I'm wrong, there is apparently breathing. Check out the experimental keymap in the Planck directory, and the PVC layout in the Atomic directory. I added it to my keymap, seems to work.

Yeah I saw the breathing mode, but I was hoping to get some patterns in there based on key presses.... Looks like most PCBs are wired in a series, except for the lock keys

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #226 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 17:17:26 »

As a side note, by that do you mean that a LED indicator for caps lock would be possible?

Yeah I saw the breathing mode, but I was hoping to get some patterns in there based on key presses.... Looks like most PCBs are wired in a series, except for the lock keys

There isn't per key led control, so I don't think that it is possible.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 January 2017, 18:42:17 by deductivemonkee »

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #227 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 19:37:01 »

Definitely a firmware issue, its almost impossible to short with through hole soldering. Even with the case removed the same issues arise. Anyone have a different hex that I could use?

Edit: Got it to work by flashing other random hex's and then flashing the original one back on it.

Okay, so you got that one to work, but one PCB is still having issues?

Order #1237 here. Package arrived and everything looks good, just seems to be missing the PCB.

Show Image

Haha, that's embarrassing. I'll send one over tomorrow.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #228 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 19:39:46 »

Show Image

The PCB that I already built was having firmware issues but that was fixed. The only problem with it still is 2 of the smd rgb's don't work. The second PCB that I have not done anything to does not have a functioning escape key.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #229 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 19:41:12 »

Show Image

The PCB that I already built was having firmware issues but that was fixed. The only problem with it still is 2 of the smd rgb's don't work. The second PCB that I have not done anything to does not have a functioning escape key.

Check for a busted diode on the ESC key? I had a busted one on my D key that i had to fix.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #230 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 19:43:17 »

Show Image

Check for a busted diode on the ESC key? I had a busted one on my D key that i had to fix.

I will once my multimeter comes in, any advice on the smd leds? Weird that two of them went out, almost makes me think a trace went bad.
Also where should I get the diodes from?

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #231 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 20:04:31 »

Show Image

I will once my multimeter comes in, any advice on the smd leds? Weird that two of them went out, almost makes me think a trace went bad.

I meant visually busted. Mine lost the black shell and was cracked in half.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #232 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 20:05:55 »

Show Image

I meant where to buy some fresh ones :P. My diode looks fine, visually it isn't cracked.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #233 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 20:07:13 »

Show Image

I meant where to buy some fresh ones :P. My diode looks fine, visually it isn't cracked.

Try digikey. I don't know the exact part number, but I am using a 1n4148 through-hole diode on mine until I can get the correct one.

Offline Slash Emperor

« Reply #234 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 20:16:00 »

Show Image

No worries, thanks mate. Glad to get that sorted so soon.

Sent from my LG-V20

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #235 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 00:02:27 »
Anyone else order an HHKB plate receive a 6.25u stab kit?  :(

« Last Edit: Tue, 03 January 2017, 00:12:56 by Vadurr »

« Reply #236 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 12:40:32 »

For arrow keys on all of my keyboards I use left-win and wasd. It is so natural that when I use a keyboard that doesn't have it I end up sending a few windows commands until I realize it. If you make a keyboard-layout-editor of exactly what you want I could make it for you.

//edit//

if you could do that it would be awesome. basically. just using menu as function to add delete to backspace and arrow directions to wasd. everything else stay the same.156724-0

Offline FarFromHere

« Reply #237 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 23:33:10 »
**** me.  I installed the black switch part of the stabilizers but not the metal bracket... I seemed to be pretty ****ed here. Do I need to desolder everything?

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #238 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 23:38:29 »

//edit//

if you could do that it would be awesome. basically. just using menu as function to add delete to backspace and arrow directions to wasd. everything else stay the same. (Attachment Link)

Do you want escape on the FN layer, main layer, or at all? I will do this tomorrow, so lmk by then.

Offline nicckk

« Reply #239 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 01:02:34 »
Finished up my build today (first build) everything seems to be in working order, however, when the in-switch LEDs are in the lower two brightness settings they seem to flicker but in the higher two brightness settings they do not flicker.

Did I mess up soldering something?

« Reply #240 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 08:00:21 »

//edit//

if you could do that it would be awesome. basically. just using menu as function to add delete to backspace and arrow directions to wasd. everything else stay the same. (Attachment Link)

Do you want escape on the FN layer, main layer, or at all? I will do this tomorrow, so lmk by then.

FN layer would be great. sorry i forgot to add that one.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #241 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 20:39:23 »
Tested the diode on the escsape key, seems to have the right voltage (same as the other diodes). Not sure what I should do now.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #242 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 20:40:12 »

//edit//

Do you want a FN toggle or a momentary (hold to use layer) FN? I will do this when I get home.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #243 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 20:41:15 »
Tested the diode on the escsape key, seems to have the right voltage (same as the other diodes). Not sure what I should do now.

Use two wires and jump it to an unused iso or hhkb split shift key, and map that to ESC. That's all I can offer now, sorry.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #244 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 20:52:38 »
And for the 2 rgb leds that aren't working on my other PCB, the polarity is flipped. Anyone know how this can be fixed or why this happened in the first place?

Edit: Tested the voltage on the working PCB and this is how it should be, so what's wrong with the LED's then if there's a voltage drop, faulty trace?
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 January 2017, 20:58:23 by Arhipio »

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #245 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 21:47:24 »
So I found the issue or the culprit. The green chip is showing really high voltages compared to the rest of them. I'm assuming the chips regulate the RGB's (since there are 5 of them and 10 LEDS) I tried to find a pinout for them online, but I'm assuming they are cheap chinese ones and a pinout would not be uploaded. It would explain why two LEDs right next to one another stopped working. I'm assuming what caused this issue was a bad resistor, though I can't trace which resistor was used for the IC. Any help would be awesome, idk if you can send me the PCB files so I can find the trace and figure out which resistor went bad. I'm hoping the LEDs aren't blown out, seeing how the voltage drop is the same compared to others ones and that I would only need to replace the corresponding resistor.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #246 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 22:43:58 »

//edit//

Do you want a FN toggle or a momentary (hold to use layer) FN? I will do this when I get home.

https://www.mediafire.com/?u84bd4gg3vnkvlg
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 January 2017, 22:57:49 by deductivemonkee »

Offline milchek

« Reply #247 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 22:56:25 »
Hey guys,

I just built mine today, pretty happy with the quality and how it all turned out, all LEDs work, underglow works. Used the firmware update posted here a few pages back to get the backspace issue resolved too.

Now some questions.

I'm on OSX, and I used QMK Firmware Flasher application (which opens dfu-programmer) to flash the hex file a few pages back. My questions are:

1. How do you control the default underglow? I know you can control LEDs using FN + [ or FN + ] for example, is there similar shortcut for underglow
2. How do you create your own function layers, specifically ones where holding FN is required? Again, I'm on OSX so I'd need someone to point me in the right direction for OSX.
3. Is there ANY other documentation online for this PCB/board?

Cheers!

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #248 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 22:58:48 »
Hey guys,

I just built mine today, pretty happy with the quality and how it all turned out, all LEDs work, underglow works. Used the firmware update posted here a few pages back to get the backspace issue resolved too.

Now some questions.

I'm on OSX, and I used QMK Firmware Flasher application (which opens dfu-programmer) to flash the hex file a few pages back. My questions are:

1. How do you control the default underglow? I know you can control LEDs using FN + [ or FN + ] for example, is there similar shortcut for underglow
2. How do you create your own function layers, specifically ones where holding FN is required? Again, I'm on OSX so I'd need someone to point me in the right direction for OSX.
3. Is there ANY other documentation online for this PCB/board?

Cheers!
fn z for on, x for mode, c, v for color, b, n, for hue, m, , for brightness.

Offline milchek

« Reply #249 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 23:25:16 »
fn z for on, x for mode, c, v for color, b, n, for hue, m, , for brightness.

Thanks! That works a treat, now to just figure out how to setup my own keymap/function layers. Flashing the board is obviously straighforward. Am I right in assuming the best way is to just use one of the 'keyboard' folder existing maps from the TMK git repo, then build it to create the hex file and that should be it? No better way? I saw https://tkg.io/ but it doesn't look like it supports the S60?