Author Topic: [GB] Sentraq S60-X RGB Kit (Closing)  (Read 99653 times)

Offline iceman2733

Re: [GB] Sentraq S60-X RGB Kit (Closing)
« Reply #400 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 18:24:29 »
Hello I was not apart of the GB but I recently purchased and built a keyboard off of sentraq website. Question using the editor linked on sentraq website for this board (http://qmk.sized.io/) I was wondering if someone could tell me what all the lighting settings do? I bound them all to keys but it seems only like 3 do anything.  Seemed a bit odd too me, everything works find with in line switch lighting and the rgb just some of the key bindings don't do anything.  I have tried to search if anyone can link what they do that would be great.  Also thanks for all the info in this thread helped me get it built. 

Sent from my SM-T677V using Tapatalk

Offline iceman2733

« Reply #401 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 13:00:37 »
welp I have another issue, my LCTRL is not working.  The led works for the key and the switch is good I have checked conductivity thru the switch with a meter, I thought I had checked the board with Keyboard tester before hand but I have must have overlooked this one.  I have reprogrammed the keyboard twice, desolder/solder the switch back, i reflowed the SMD resistor for the key also.  Any help? anything i can do short of replace the PCB? 

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #402 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 14:08:56 »
welp I have another issue, my LCTRL is not working.  The led works for the key and the switch is good I have checked conductivity thru the switch with a meter, I thought I had checked the board with Keyboard tester before hand but I have must have overlooked this one.  I have reprogrammed the keyboard twice, desolder/solder the switch back, i reflowed the SMD resistor for the key also.  Any help? anything i can do short of replace the PCB?
Why reflow the led resistor? If anything reflow the diode. If that doesn't work you could jump the switch to the previous part of the matrix if you lifted a pad.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #403 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 15:48:28 »
So I'm having an issue after flashing my S60X.. For some reason, when any of the keys in rows 2, 3, or 4 are pressed, it activates the entire column. Rows 0 and 1 are fine. Any ideas what may be the issue?

I didn't think my solder job was too bad, but here's some pics: http://imgur.com/a/cRbPF

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #404 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 16:47:48 »
So I'm having an issue after flashing my S60X.. For some reason, when any of the keys in rows 2, 3, or 4 are pressed, it activates the entire column. Rows 0 and 1 are fine. Any ideas what may be the issue?

I didn't think my solder job was too bad, but here's some pics: http://imgur.com/a/cRbPF

I see screw in stabilizers. My guess is that one or more of them is shorting a contact.  Add tape under the screw heads

Had to do this on mine using zeal screw ins. Mentioned it on th gb page and it's a known issue. Tape works though
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 April 2017, 16:49:57 by reececonrad »

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #405 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 18:45:52 »

I see screw in stabilizers. My guess is that one or more of them is shorting a contact.  Add tape under the screw heads

Had to do this on mine using zeal screw ins. Mentioned it on th gb page and it's a known issue. Tape works though

This worked!  :thumb: thanks for the advice

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #406 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 18:56:39 »

Nice. Glad it worked

Offline bluebear

« Reply #407 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 23:24:47 »
Hi everyone. Just thought I would share my experience with my S60X build. This was ordered through the last Massdrop drop for this kit. Putting it together went like a charm and all the keys worked. However, there was an issue getting it into DFU boot mode. No matter how hard/long I pressed on that switch, it did not want to change modes. I guess the switch was defective. However, the answer came to me in a dream that night! If you also have a defective switch, simply use a screwdriver or something to short out pins 3 and 1 of the switch together and voila!

Also, make sure you use the qmk repository linked in this thread (https://github.com/jbyoung/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/S60RGB). The only hex files that would work were the ones I compiled using this. Nothing that I made through qmk.sized.io worked for some reason.

Anyways, just thought I would share my little experience. This was my first custom keyboard kit and I am super happy with it! I need to buy a couple of extra keycaps because of my HHKBish layout, but otherwise this little thing is pretty much perfect!

« Reply #408 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 12:00:28 »

Nice. Glad it worked

I'm having a similar issue, however it only happens when keys in the shift row are pressed (pressing z causes 2wsz to show up and I'm guessing Alt sends as well), and I don't have screw-in stabilizers. I can't find anything that looks like its creating a short.

Any help is appreciated  :thumb:

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #409 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 13:20:47 »

Nice. Glad it worked

I'm having a similar issue, however it only happens when keys in the shift row are pressed (pressing z causes 2wsz to show up and I'm guessing Alt sends as well), and I don't have screw-in stabilizers. I can't find anything that looks like its creating a short.

Pics will help.

« Reply #410 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 14:27:38 »

Nice. Glad it worked

Pics will help.

Completely forgot to add these before: http://imgur.com/a/3pUbo

I know a lot of the led pins are excessively long, I'm going to cut them today.

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #411 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 14:31:53 »

Completely forgot to add these before: http://imgur.com/a/3pUbo

I know a lot of the led pins are excessively long, I'm going to cut them today.

Some of those solder blobs look like overkill.. Perhaps some of them are causing shorts?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #412 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 15:31:11 »
The soldering really is rough here.  It looks like your iron is too hot with all of that burnt flux.  (or you're keeping the iron on it too long).

But the issue you describe sounds, to me,  like a diode that is getting shorted.  Let's look at the diodes on that row and see what we see.

Also, is it ALL of the shift row?  or just the Z key column?
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 April 2017, 15:34:00 by reececonrad »

« Reply #413 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 15:58:17 »
The soldering really is rough here.  It looks like your iron is too hot with all of that burnt flux.  (or you're keeping the iron on it too long).

But the issue you describe sounds, to me,  like a diode that is getting shorted.  Let's look at the diodes on that row and see what we see.

Also, is it ALL of the shift row?  or just the Z key column?

It's the entire shift row. Another example being pressing LShift results in a `, tabbing, and capslock toggling.

I can't see anything touching a diode that looks like it shouldn't be.

Also I've turned down by iron temp ;D

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #414 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 16:24:35 »
Below the LR34 resistor on the back left (I believe it would be the shift key on the right), the left pin looks very weird.  Did you put a ton of solder on that pin that perhaps is touching something on the back side behind it?  That would be pretty tough to troubleshoot though.

It looks like a lot of your switches are not all the way through the board also.  (looking at the shift switch and the entire bottom row.  It looks like the center plastic part is not all the way seated for some reason.  Are you using a plate?
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 April 2017, 16:27:24 by reececonrad »

Offline giHefca

« Reply #415 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 13:56:59 »
Hi

My LED backlit is blinking at lowest level :( Is it possible to fix it?

Other question, is it possible to configure a capslock LED?