Author Topic: HELP how to convert the 9pin RS232+AT to USB  (Read 1128 times)

Offline mudface

HELP how to convert the 9pin RS232+AT to USB
« on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 17:07:52 »
i got the old keyboard with tracing ball, so two connectors with rs232+AT,, tried to connect USB wires directly to the PBC AT socket :-[, showing device is exceed the power limit sort of thing....
and the rs232 is 5 wires and i have no idea what to do...
any way to figure a new USB wire directly to the PBC or buying any adapter?

completely amateur here..hope can get some help. :D :D :D

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: HELP how to convert the 9pin RS232+AT to USB
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 17:48:13 »
This isn't enough information. Sometimes you can "daisy chain" as many as 3 or more adapters (eg RS232-to-DIN-to-PS/2-to-USB) and actually get it to work, but more often you can't.

The chances of the track ball working are better than of the keyboard working.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline mudface

Re: HELP how to convert the 9pin RS232+AT to USB
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 18:31:20 »
there are some microcontroller, usb2ttl or usb2rs232,,dont know if it will work if i wired those controller to the PBC...
i dont wanna keep the existing 232andAT wire..better replace them with USB wire directly soldered to the pbc thru some sort of controller...but dont know how to do.

those who sells the converters, shall build in certain controller in the converters which is the same idea i assume.