Author Topic: [IC] Crate Keyboard Case (Custom Milled Aluminum 60% Sandwich Case)  (Read 3641 times)

Offline CrateCase

Hello! I have been working recently with Chris from orangeworksdesign.com on making a custom case for 60% keyboards. I am naming it the Crate Case.

The whole vision behind the case was to make a better sandwich style case that removed ugly screws and made a clean simple look. We moved the screw mounting from the normal top down to screwing in from the bottom. I had this idea hoping to create a design similar to that of the Massdrop keyboards. With the strip of RGB while retaining a clean aluminum finish for custom boards. The case incorporates the plate into the top part of the case. The top piece is aluminum with a clear acrylic bottom allowing RGB to beautifully shine through.

https://imgur.com/gallery/HkCFxgY

Here is our first renders we did on the case. The top plate layout will be custom for whatever layout you would like that fits on a standard 60% case format.

Please let me know if a case like this would interest you! The price is up in the air right now as we are still in the early stages of the case. If you have any recommendations or questions you can also ask me!

I have set up an email for the case! It is cratekeyboardcase@gmail.com You can send me any questions you have to me there or reply to these posts or PM me! If you want to join a mailing list please send me an email asking to join! Or you can send me your email here on reddit either way I will get you on the list!

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
Re: [IC] Crate Keyboard Case (Custom Milled Aluminum 60% Sandwich Case)
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 19:21:08 »
Some more renders with keycaps or even just switches would be nice.

Offline CrateCase

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 01 July 2019, 09:28:52 »
Some more renders with keycaps or even just switches would be nice.

Yeah all that is in the works. This is the first render we have done just wanted to get it out there and see what people thought.

Offline chicken007

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 07 July 2019, 20:38:39 »
Oh man I've been looking for something like this for my next build, super excited to see more info about it!