Author Topic: Checkerboard HHKB  (Read 4196 times)

Offline Creizai

Checkerboard HHKB
« on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 16:41:29 »
Anyone know of any pics of a White HHKB with black keys in checkerboard pattern?  Playing with the idea of buying a blank black set and doing it, but I 70$ is an expensive screw up. 

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: Checkerboard HHKB
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 16:48:44 »
Hello MKP
I love Elzy

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 17:22:40 »
You could always sell that HHKB caps at a little loss if you didn't like it.  Topre stuff seems to retain its value relatively well.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline rurushu

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 08:43:35 »
You could always sell that HHKB caps at a little loss if you didn't like it.  Topre stuff seems to retain its value relatively well.
i think that is because only Topre themselves make their own keycaps...

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 10:01:36 »
MKP in my heart <3 I actually bought that board back in the day just because I liked him so much :)
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline tom88jerry

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:49:01 »
MKP in my heart <3 I actually bought that board back in the day just because I liked him so much :)

Me too ;D
I bought two keyboards just to have the same checker pattern.

Offline Creizai

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 08:59:29 »
By the time I saw that I already had a HHKB black printed. I wasn't about to step down and do that though looking back I guess I could have have gone with a Full size topre and did it.  I'm stuck on my HHKB Pro II and I prefer the blank minimalistic look but I'm looking for something to rice it out a little but still retain the classy colors and looks.  I guess a single torpe cc would do that too, I've got a buddy who's suppose to photoshop the image for me.  The real reason why I ask is because the modifiers are grey, if the keyboard was all white I wouldn't even bother making this post.   

Offline Creizai

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 15:44:55 »

rough photoshop my buddy did for anyone who was wanting to know.. the bottom right white and black keys prolly need to be switched though.  Haven't decided myself yet.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 06:02:46 »
Anyone know of any pics of a White HHKB with black keys in checkerboard pattern?

I've seen some in this subforum, but idk if it wasn't before the rootworm.

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 12:54:13 »
Show Image

rough photoshop my buddy did for anyone who was wanting to know.. the bottom right white and black keys prolly need to be switched though.  Haven't decided myself yet.
I think it looks nice  :)
I am bigfatmc over at other places!