Author Topic: AEBOARDS CONSTELLATION 65%  (Read 280194 times)

Offline tazercow

Re: [IC] CONSTELLATION 65%
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 15:32:06 »
I can see GMK Lux looking amazing with those brass trim pieces.  Really hope I get a chance at this!

Offline PikaJoyce

« Reply #251 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 15:44:51 »
My place is a bit dusty to excuse the dust. And my lamp is a very warm colour which affects the anno. And excuse the cables. In other words, it's a work space :p

We'll have more pictures soon(tm)

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one. This is looking like it's really coming along! I also hope that there will be more future rounds in case I'm not quick enough. I am never fast enough for FCFS :C

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #252 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 18:40:08 »
are you going to change bottom design (for a better bumpon location/look)?

No these are custom feet designed for additional surface area, made with a thicker rubber material. You can use your own if you want to.

I can see GMK Lux looking amazing with those brass trim pieces.  Really hope I get a chance at this!

Me too!

Is there going to be a typing sound test any time soon?

Yes soon(tm)

who is the pcb vendor?

PCB will come with a standard kit. Xelus designed it (he designed all the other AEBoards pcbs too!)

Offline DoCallMeKing

« Reply #253 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 19:28:40 »
Looks amazing!
Is there any way to purchase a prototype or one that has imperfections even? I love the design and would settle for non perfect.

Offline mta

« Reply #254 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 00:02:15 »
Looking good

Offline cohesive_glue

« Reply #255 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 07:24:06 »
Beautiful board!

Offline ctrl.alt.deee

« Reply #256 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 16:29:46 »
Beautiful appearance on TaeKeyboards  :thumb:

Offline CrlaoSvloadr

« Reply #257 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 11:54:24 »
Wonderful work as always!
I've been wondering if the 450-550  price range is still looking to be true, and if a groupbuy date is in the works? I've read that it's been moved to Q2 of 2020, but am just wondering how far into the quarter.
Lastly, i'd love to see the space grey colour if you've got the prototype around! I'm wondering how dark/light it'd be compared to most anodized aluminum greys.

Offline x9Memoriez

« Reply #258 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 21:28:25 »
I've been wondering if the 450-550  price range is still looking to be true, and if a groupbuy date is in the works? I've read that it's been moved to Q2 of 2020, but am just wondering how far into the quarter.
Lastly, i'd love to see the space grey colour if you've got the prototype around! I'm wondering how dark/light it'd be compared to most anodized aluminum greys.

450-550 will almost certainly still hold true, although expect the upper half of that estimate.
Matrix 1.2OG | Constellation | Rukia | TMO50 | HHKB

Offline break

« Reply #259 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 23:46:30 »

You can see the grey on the EXT65 product page: https://www.aeboards.com/ext65

Offline Xemnova

« Reply #260 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 20:34:38 »
This is very nice! Quite honestly I want this board to be my first build, I'm worried it'll sellout in seconds since there's limited available. Looking forward to the typing test!

Offline TruIQ

« Reply #261 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 22:58:37 »
Is their any way to get the influencer if you're not an influencer but still want the red colorway?

Offline __init__

« Reply #262 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 20:16:48 »
This is very nice! Quite honestly I want this board to be my first build, I'm worried it'll sellout in seconds since there's limited available. Looking forward to the typing test!

Also worried this will sellout. But still hopeful i'll be able to get my hands on one, fingers crossed!

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #263 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 23:11:44 »
hopefully a raffle could be put together for something with this amount of anticipation.

Offline mvkoto

« Reply #264 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 11:35:42 »
hopefully a raffle could be put together for something with this amount of anticipation.

i just recently heard of ppl using bots for FCFS. is this a prevalent issue in the mech keyboard community when it comes to these highly anticipated items?

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #265 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 11:49:06 »

i just recently heard of ppl using bots for FCFS. is this a prevalent issue in the mech keyboard community when it comes to these highly anticipated items?

I'd assume so, it's prevalent in basically anything that is sold in limited quantities and has resale value. High end keyboards have some resale value. This is all an assumption of mine but I wouldn't put it past some to use bots.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #266 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 17:16:01 »
It's not nearly as bad as it is just a ton of people thinking that's why they lost. As someone whose checked out in seconds for numerous things before, tons of 1 minute buyers always complain about bots after everything.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline AT

« Reply #267 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 08:41:30 »
Very Pretty , Very Interested  :) .

Offline haiichuu

« Reply #268 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 23:28:06 »
Any chances of an aluminum plate? Excited to throw my wallet at this!

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #269 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 23:51:12 »

450-550 will almost certainly still hold true, although expect the upper half of that estimate.

Yeah, due to new shipping COVID pricing, plus customs and additional logistics of things, I'm still trying to lower costs as much as possible.

Any chances of an aluminum plate? Excited to throw my wallet at this!

Alu plates maybe later down the track!

We'll try to avoid botting, maybe putting a 1 person per household limit or something like that. We'll do something we did with the EXT65, having different waves/timezones for release so at least there will be a timeslot that is reasonable for you.

---

Update:
We have tested the brass plate and it seems to be working great with our design. We're finalising the polycarb plate for initial issues and once those are sorted out, we're good to run with production.

Still waiting on a few more pieces as well to complete the whole packaging process!

Offline LordOwen

« Reply #270 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 00:24:51 »
As someone living in a more displaced time zone from most, FCFS is definitely a little inconvenient, but I've also stayed up until 3am hitting refresh when I really cared about something.

There's really no way to stagger release times in such a way that would prevent someone else in a different country from doing the same, but having different waves would be greatly appreciated so it maybe gives us a slightly better chance!

Offline Xemnova

« Reply #271 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 17:08:25 »
Hype when I looked at AEboards and see the typing test moved up and a new line of "Currently being manufactured". I can't wait for this keeb!

Offline keyboardkrill

« Reply #272 on: Tue, 02 June 2020, 18:42:10 »
hitting refresh on TaeKeyboards everyday since we saw that teaser. Awesome board, if build quality is anything like the EXT65 this will be epic.

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #273 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 20:42:49 »
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I've sourced alternative manufacturer for Orings, I believe my previous order was affected by COVID and lost at sea through the shipping container that toppled a few weeks ago. These were ordered pre-COVID. I will be testing with these new orings, but the dimensions and material density should be the same.

We've greenlit production about a week ago, but there's many pieces involved as well as higher MOQ - so I'll update you when things are "ready" or "readier".

Still waiting on our packaging with constellation, and I think when it is revealed you'll all be happy about the choice we made.

While it's almost end of Q2, it's likely that we'll start shipping some out to our FNF GB early Q3 if nothing else comes up (fingers crossed). Apologies for the delay, but we actually went through an extra round of prototyping and production samples to make sure we try to solve everything and ensure that we are happy with the product we're releasing.

For those who are worried about not being able to get one, there's 150units being made outside the FNF, and will be shipped to me in batches. This means that they will come to me, have QC and packing, then listed on the keyboard treehouse and shipped after purchase. We'll have several windows/timezones of releases, so there will be multiple chances to get one. Having said that, if there's still demand for more, we'll make more.

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #274 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 20:43:49 »

I'd assume so, it's prevalent in basically anything that is sold in limited quantities and has resale value. High end keyboards have some resale value. This is all an assumption of mine but I wouldn't put it past some to use bots.

So far, our models (AEGIS, EXT65) haven't really hit  the after market. This makes me happy as it means that people are actually using their boards, and I hope this will be the case with constellation.

Offline break

« Reply #275 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 09:24:17 »
So far, our models (AEGIS, EXT65) haven't really hit  the after market. This makes me happy as it means that people are actually using their boards, and I hope this will be the case with constellation.

Just want to confirm this as someone who bought an EXT65 after-market - they're really challenging to find. It took a lot of asking around, and there are many other folks looking for them on r/mm since I received mine.

If these boards were flipped regularly you'd see far more sale posts, but they're just not out there.

Offline musicgecko

« Reply #276 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 00:53:34 »
would love to get my hands on one with a stainless steel accent piece.

Offline LordOwen

« Reply #277 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 22:44:45 »
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I've sourced alternative manufacturer for Orings, I believe my previous order was affected by COVID and lost at sea through the shipping container that toppled a few weeks ago. These were ordered pre-COVID. I will be testing with these new orings, but the dimensions and material density should be the same.

We've greenlit production about a week ago, but there's many pieces involved as well as higher MOQ - so I'll update you when things are "ready" or "readier".

Still waiting on our packaging with constellation, and I think when it is revealed you'll all be happy about the choice we made.

While it's almost end of Q2, it's likely that we'll start shipping some out to our FNF GB early Q3 if nothing else comes up (fingers crossed). Apologies for the delay, but we actually went through an extra round of prototyping and production samples to make sure we try to solve everything and ensure that we are happy with the product we're releasing.

For those who are worried about not being able to get one, there's 150units being made outside the FNF, and will be shipped to me in batches. This means that they will come to me, have QC and packing, then listed on the keyboard treehouse and shipped after purchase. We'll have several windows/timezones of releases, so there will be multiple chances to get one. Having said that, if there's still demand for more, we'll make more.

Judging from my reactions at seeing pictures of concepts and prototypes, and also from the reactions and feedback of just about everyone in this thread, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there's going to be a demand for more. MANY more.

Offline adamjohari

« Reply #278 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 06:11:09 »
Want this! Secretly hoping that it doesn't get much attention but just enough to sell out to everyone who wants one. Have a feeling people will buy more than one and flip it  :(
After | KBD8X Mk2 | Prophet | Ducky One 2 Mini

GMK Laser | ePBT Kon MoMo | Infinikey Port | Sanctuary Rebirth PBT | GMK Deep Navy

Offline Xemnova

« Reply #279 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 17:07:34 »
Hopefully there's a one per customer limit to deter that a bit.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 June 2020, 20:35:27 by Xemnova »

Offline ecbob

« Reply #280 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 00:00:37 »
Is this FCFS or raffle?

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #281 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 13:30:09 »
if this isnt a raffel good luck lmao

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #282 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 20:45:35 »
It will be FCFS on keyboardtreehouse when the GB starts.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline crooksec

« Reply #283 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 21:38:28 »
So in on this... would be perfect for my first custom.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #284 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 07:41:11 »
Is the O ring mount just O rings between the plate/case where the screws thread?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #285 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 07:58:08 »
Is the O ring mount just O rings between the plate/case where the screws thread?

Nah. It's not burger. Official o-ring (Jane v2 ce, otd 356 mini, gskt-00, etc).

Offline CoolMike

• Mechs & Co.
    • Mechs & Co.
« Reply #286 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 08:11:46 »
You guys have a beautiful design here and I am really enjoying the weight design also.

I don't believe you will have any issues hitting MOQ that's for sure.

GLW everything, I would love to add one of these to my collection.

Mike

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #287 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 18:57:29 »
You guys have a beautiful design here and I am really enjoying the weight design also.

I don't believe you will have any issues hitting MOQ that's for sure.

GLW everything, I would love to add one of these to my collection.

Mike

We won't have a problem because we set the MOQ and have bought out all the units. It will be instock when available to the public. This model works better for you as WE take on the risk, and is far more customer friendly than group buys. Keep in mind we are only 3 people doing this as a hobby part time, and still manage to raise the capital required for such a project...

Offline Rew23

« Reply #288 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 20:36:24 »
Will the Limited edition "Influencer Red" be available in small quantity in the public sale?

Offline DraKenZ

« Reply #289 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 09:52:43 »
Very nice.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #290 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 08:25:55 »

Interesting, just looked at how the Jane ce. Do you know what the thought process is behind the gasket? I'm guessing that it's supposed to prevent switch noise traveling into the case?

Offline break

« Reply #291 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 09:01:05 »

Interesting, just looked at how the Jane ce. Do you know what the thought process is behind the gasket? I'm guessing that it's supposed to prevent switch noise traveling into the case?

Here's a helpful explainer: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101731.0.

Offline kyoo

« Reply #292 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 22:01:17 »
love the idea of being able to change the mounting method! looking forward to the release soon

Offline zlalaman2

« Reply #293 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 01:09:52 »
very excited for this as well !

Offline Tarek

« Reply #294 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 04:39:27 »
I really fell in love with the red but the navy is just as nice. Hope everything goes smoothly.

Offline mta

« Reply #295 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 12:06:12 »
Anxious for this one

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #296 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 02:00:58 »
Will the Limited edition "Influencer Red" be available in small quantity in the public sale?

Not on public sale no.

Between PCB and the cast specific standoffs.

---

things are moving on with manufacturing. Some parts are complete, we're still looking at Q3 to ship these out.

Offline regionfree

« Reply #297 on: Sun, 19 July 2020, 20:34:31 »
@aeryxz how's the FnF/prototype batch going?

yeah, the influencer red is really gorgeous!

Offline uncleakamai

« Reply #298 on: Sun, 19 July 2020, 22:18:08 »
looking forward to this!

Offline Puncus

« Reply #299 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 03:31:36 »
I just love this concept, and the weight is minimalistic but tasteful. Im definitely in.