Author Topic: Fuhua/Fukka White Alps vs Matias Click?  (Read 2648 times)

Offline NovemberDusk

• Alps lover, IBM fanboy, purveyor of vintage.
Fuhua/Fukka White Alps vs Matias Click?
« on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 07:11:58 »
Hi guys,

I'm currently looking at getting a KBParadise V60 and I noticed that I could order it with either Forward Electronics White Alps or Matias Click switches. I've done a bit of reading up and realized that these White Alps are the SKBM White switches.

But Matias switches are basically modified SKBM Whites so I have to ask; what's the difference between the two and how do they differ in terms of key feel and sound?

Thanks in advance for your responses guys! :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 January 2019, 07:29:52 by NovemberDusk »
Custom
Tofu60 | Plate - Aluminum | Keycaps - XDA Canvas | Switches - Gateron Black Inks (lubed, filmed) | Lube - Krytox 205g0 | Stabilizers: Genuine GMK screw in (lubed, clipped) | Foam Dampened

Stock
Monterey K104 (SKCM White) | Unicomp Ultra Classic (Buckling Spring) | Topre REALFORCE 104UG-HiPro | BTC 5100C (BTC Dome with Slider) | Epson Q203A (Fujitsu Peerless) | HP SK-2502 (Fujitsu Dome with Slider)

Offline Wazrach

• Buckling Spring Fanatic
Re: Fuhua/Fukka White Alps vs Matias Click?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 17:06:02 »
I can't speak for Alps SKBM, but I can tell you about my experience with Matias Click switches compared to pine SKCM Whites.

Matias switches are supposedly bassier and deeper than the SKBM Whites they're clones of. It makes sense, as they improved the design. They also ping far less, although the older Matias Click switches were still pretty pingy. Bit of a shame for me, as my Tactile Pro doesn't ping, and I love ping.

SKCM Whites sound MUCH fuller than the Matias Clicks, and feel more refined overall. I prefer Matias, as the weighting is lighter and the stronger tactility feels snappier. I can type faster on my Tactile Pro, and I think it's down to this.

SKCM Whites win in terms of sound, but the sound of Matias switches is very nice too. They sound more clunky and rattly, but it's charming in its own way (at least to me).

There's no reason not to get Marias switches over the genuine simplified Alps, they're better in every way - especially the switch lifetime (50 million keystrokes per switch vs 10 million).

Hope this helps!

Offline NovemberDusk

• Alps lover, IBM fanboy, purveyor of vintage.
Re: Fuhua/Fukka White Alps vs Matias Click?
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 20:08:51 »
I can't speak for Alps SKBM, but I can tell you about my experience with Matias Click switches compared to pine SKCM Whites.

Matias switches are supposedly bassier and deeper than the SKBM Whites they're clones of. It makes sense, as they improved the design. They also ping far less, although the older Matias Click switches were still pretty pingy. Bit of a shame for me, as my Tactile Pro doesn't ping, and I love ping.

SKCM Whites sound MUCH fuller than the Matias Clicks, and feel more refined overall. I prefer Matias, as the weighting is lighter and the stronger tactility feels snappier. I can type faster on my Tactile Pro, and I think it's down to this.

SKCM Whites win in terms of sound, but the sound of Matias switches is very nice too. They sound more clunky and rattly, but it's charming in its own way (at least to me).

There's no reason not to get Marias switches over the genuine simplified Alps, they're better in every way - especially the switch lifetime (50 million keystrokes per switch vs 10 million).

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for the info and your perspective, it's much appreciated and really helps!  :D
Custom
Tofu60 | Plate - Aluminum | Keycaps - XDA Canvas | Switches - Gateron Black Inks (lubed, filmed) | Lube - Krytox 205g0 | Stabilizers: Genuine GMK screw in (lubed, clipped) | Foam Dampened

Stock
Monterey K104 (SKCM White) | Unicomp Ultra Classic (Buckling Spring) | Topre REALFORCE 104UG-HiPro | BTC 5100C (BTC Dome with Slider) | Epson Q203A (Fujitsu Peerless) | HP SK-2502 (Fujitsu Dome with Slider)