Author Topic: $19 HEART 60% Walnut Palm Rest from China  (Read 8545 times)

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
$19 HEART 60% Walnut Palm Rest from China
« on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 18:34:01 »
Background
I was looking for a wooden palm rest a couple of months ago when I found this on ebay.
There didn't seem to be any pictures of it from people who'd bought it, and I couldn't find any mentions of it anywhere, so I was a little unsure of this purchase at first.   :confused:

Because of two reasons I did end up ordering one though.
1: I didn't manage to find any other wooden palm rest with a profile/color that I liked in the same price range (my only other option was the Royal Glam ones and I've heard mixed opinions about those).
2: I was kind of curious what it would actually look like (all I had was the seller's glamour shots after all).

Shipping took longer than expected and since I never received a shipping confirmation I was a little surprised when it showed up six weeks later.

The packaging

It came with a little block of wood and a piece of sandpaper which was nice and unexpected.
I have no idea what it says on the wood though.
The palm rest

It's about 7 mm (0.28") wider than the stock case of my Poker 2.

I've used it for a couple of days now and I find the profile to be very comfortable. It raises my hands to an appropriate height for typing and the slant goes along well with the angle of my arms.

The texture is really nice! It's finished with some kind of wax (at least I think it's wax) so it's smooth but the crevices are still visible if you look at it closely (you'll see it in the next picture).

The only imperfection I could find was a tiny dent where my left hand rests. It's barely noticeable so it doesn't bother me.

Back side

Overall I'm really happy with this purchase.
The quality is much better than I'd expected for a $19 palm rest.

I bought the 60% version from here but there are also versions for TKL, Full-size, and Cherry 3000 keyboards.
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: $19 HEART 60% Walnut Palm Rest from China
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 18:50:48 »
Great review!
Was looking on to this the other day, price-wise it's enticing
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 19:15:01 »
Thanks for the review. I had a Royal Glam wrist rest and it literally had no coating so the wood started coming off. I'll probably buy one for myself after I get over the $15 shipping.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 19:15:14 »
Looks pretty good! Better than I would have expected for the price. Too bad shipping is $15 usd to Canada. Still looks like a pretty good option!

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 19:19:38 »
Was the shipping delay due to the fact you live in Sweden? It seems like it would arrive rather quickly (relatively speaking) to the U.S.

Edit: I found the listing of it on Taobao - Taobao listing, ta-da!

I'm not sure how much the international shipping would be, but the item price varies from $7.63 - $12.31. Shipping would be maybe $20 at most (for the most expensive option). If you use dotdotbuy I know they have shipping options that vary between $4 - $20, and that's for items up to 20 or 30kg (depending on the shipping company).
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 December 2015, 19:27:20 by FLFisherman »

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 06:16:53 »
Looks pretty good! Better than I would have expected for the price. Too bad shipping is $15 usd to Canada. Still looks like a pretty good option!
Shipping cost wasn't the best but $34 including shipping is still a good price compared to other options including shipping (to Europe).

Was the shipping delay due to the fact you live in Sweden? It seems like it would arrive rather quickly (relatively speaking) to the U.S.
I ordered it on October 26th and it arrived on December 4th. I never received a shipping notification so I have no idea when it actually left China. Either they waited a while before they sent it out or shipping just took a really long time.
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline mason

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 16:15:21 »
Ended up ordering one last night. Hopefully it arrives in February  :))

Offline mason

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 16:20:12 »
Ordered mine December 7th, received it December 31st.

It didn't come with any branding like OP's or a block of wood with sandpaper either.

Edit: looks like they lowered the price by $3 and cut the shipping price in half too

Offline moonk5

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 00:31:09 »
It didn't come with any branding like OP's or a block of wood with sandpaper either.

This. I'm fine with no logo but my bigger problem is the thickness of the rest.
It is bit high for my Pok3r. Not very comfortable.  :'(

I ordered HHKB pro 2 type-s. Hope it gives better angle for HHKB.

Offline Corsa1r

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 17:54:17 »
This looks nice. May purchase it soon. 
Ducky Shine 4 - Mx Blues // Ganss G.S-87 - Mx Browns // Type-S HHKB 45g // FC660M - Mx Reds

Offline Jin

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 19:27:31 »
nice i will buy for TKL and 60% one.

thankyou for link  :thumb:

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 04:33:21 »
Awesome review on the palm rest. For $19... it's kind of hard to beat!

Definitely thinking about this for my Pok3r
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 21:47:21 »
The four Chinese characters on the small wood block (and on the box) means "an artisan mind of the art of wood".
TMK Alps64 w/ Matias Quiet Switches in KBP V60 case.
Infinity60 with SKCM Orange Switches w/ TMK.
CM Storm QRF w/ Frosty Flake controller, Cherry MX Blue Switches and TMK firmware.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.