Author Topic: CU7  (Read 86186 times)

Offline s3vv4

Re: [IC] CU7
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 12:57:49 »
This looks really cool. I have one question: What does the hole on the knob do?

Offline OmniSzron

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 17:31:26 »
This looks really cool. I have one question: What does the hole on the knob do?
I assume it's where you screw it in, so that it doesn't fall off.
Fox Lab Key 65 split space

Offline PureLuck

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 00:59:34 »
Very clean looking, love the look!

Hope to see it on GB soon :)

Offline loddee

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 01:58:12 »
Definitely interested! Really like the fact that it's only usb-c.

Offline itsmartin

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 02:08:43 »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they are changing that and only the central port is USB C, with the outside ports changing to USB A.

There is a message in their Discord for this one that says:

"Whilst it was our initial goal to use USB-C 3.1 we would also like to launch the group buy sooner rather than later and have decided to switch to USB-A 2.0. "

And:

"Will all of the ports be changing to USB-A 2.0?  The central port will remain as USB-C 2.0, only the port on the left and right are changing."

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 06:39:00 »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they are changing that and only the central port is USB C, with the outside ports changing to USB A.

"Whilst it was our initial goal to use USB-C 3.1 we would also like to launch the group buy sooner rather than later and have decided to switch to USB-A 2.0. "

And:

"Will all of the ports be changing to USB-A 2.0?  The central port will remain as USB-C 2.0, only the port on the left and right are changing."

tbh I actually like that a lot more with the outside ports being normal usb-a. with usb-c you would have to buy all new c-to-c cables.

Offline Nvr_Smile

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 12:50:55 »

And:

tbh I actually like that a lot more with the outside ports being normal usb-a. with usb-c you would have to buy all new c-to-c cables.

I also agree with this. Would make it pretty easy to use as a charging station. I do wonder if you could use it as a usb hub though, for plugging in usb drives and such.

Offline cptbubbles

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 12:58:21 »
This has me interested. I'd love to know if the macropad will be sufficiently weighted so that having a couple USB cables plugged won't make it move around.

Offline frob

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 13:06:27 »
Looks good. Are you planning for different colors? This won't match my setup. Maybe some cream/gray color?

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 02:44:49 »
Could be a nice addition to a desk.  Interested.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline loddee

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 05:10:24 »

And:

I also agree with this. Would make it pretty easy to use as a charging station. I do wonder if you could use it as a usb hub though, for plugging in usb drives and such.

Oh well, that sucks for me but still interested though!

Offline syke

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 06:41:24 »
Awww... that's a downer. I would much prefer USB C. USB A would be too hideous looking.

Offline CrlaoSvloadr

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 14:58:31 »
Absolutely love everything about this! Checking off every aspect of a macro-pad that i'm after, i'm 100% hopping on board!
Looking forward to hearing more on this :)

And:

« Last Edit: Mon, 01 June 2020, 15:03:46 by CrlaoSvloadr »

Offline musicgecko

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 16:50:45 »
Excited for this! Any timeline for when GB will happen?

Offline izroll

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 18:17:39 »
Definitely on board if it means I can have my keeb. mouse, and macropad connected via 1 port!

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 08:21:01 »
Why buy a hub when you could buy a macropad knobby hub? Serious question.

Offline syke

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 10:15:39 »
any new updates on this?

Offline Solotov

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 10:59:53 »
This has been too long...
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline Mekanist

• Archetype
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 22:20:11 »
Any updates on this? I really love the simplistic design.

Offline fatherfork

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 08:19:09 »
On their discord capsunlocked has said the GB will start August 1st.

Offline davydav

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 05:42:02 »
Can I have the discord link ? Can't find it anywhere... wanted to ask a question about the resistance of the knob, if there is any ?

Offline yuutsu

• Consumer of Brioche Loaf
    • Desktop Designs
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 17:41:46 »
I want this, I NEED THIS.

Offline fatherfork

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 18:22:37 »
They just announced it has been delayed. No word yet to when.

Offline spyruf

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 23:06:07 »
this is awesome

Offline dwaalspoor98

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 05:42:29 »
I need this  :thumb:, subscribed will check my mailbox daily and will order it as soon as it goes live ;)

Offline desipalen

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 08:44:41 »
That's neat. Wish I could justify participating.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #76 on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 08:03:53 »
How is this mounted?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 09:33:43 »
On their discord capsunlocked has said the GB will start August 1st.

Would you have a link to the Discord? Wouldn't want to miss any info given it's already August 2nd. I tried looking on their site but I only find their IG and Twitter page.

Offline fatherfork

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 03 August 2020, 15:15:43 »

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #79 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 08:22:30 »

We are currently in the process of finalising the CU7 design, but we are considering making the following change and wanted to hear your feedback on the decision.

This change is not 100% confirmed. 

C

hange: 

1) Changing the interface from 2x USB-A and 1 USB-C to 2xUSB-A (removal of USB-C).

Reasoning: 

We are considering making this change because keeping all 3 ports is creating several issues.

Firstly, the ports will sit flush with the case and the difference between the USB-C and USB-A ports is causing them to not be aligned and therefore is not visually pleasing.

Secondly the base plate screws have moved to under the rubber feet but as the PCB is so busy it is proving difficult to place the standoffs going through the case without coming into contact with other components.

Other than this the CU7 is almost complete and we are looking to move forward as soon as a decision on the design has been made. We want to know how this proposed change would impact your decision to join the group buy.

Offline PaultheSloth

• JW Double Black
« Reply #80 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 08:35:48 »

We are currently in the process of finalising the CU7 design, but we are considering making the following change and wanted to hear your feedback on the decision.

C

hange: 

1) Changing the interface from 2x USB-A and 1 USB-C to 2xUSB-A (removal of USB-C).

Reasoning: 

We are considering making this change because keeping all 3 ports is creating several issues.

Firstly, the ports will sit flush with the case and the difference between the USB-C and USB-A ports is causing them to not be aligned and therefore is not visually pleasing.

Secondly the base plate screws have moved to under the rubber feet but as the PCB is so busy it is proving difficult to place the standoffs going through the case without coming into contact with other components.

Other than this the CU7 is almost complete and we are looking to move forward as soon as a decision on the design has been made. We want to know how this proposed change would impact your decision to join the group buy.

changes seems more like a plus to me, especially no.1  :thumb:
Polaris|Leaf60|QXP|DC60|Planck|SKB60|Tokyo60|UT-47|AnnePro

Offline Nudd

« Reply #81 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 08:45:08 »

C

hange: 

Reasoning: 

Fine with that and I'm still in.

Offline Convergence

« Reply #82 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 20:44:54 »

C

hange: 

Reasoning: 

Personal opinion: I would much prefer one USB-C port over two USB-A. Having two USB-A ports on the back means that the cable going to the host device will be off-centre which may be jarring if there's nothing else plugged in to the other USB-A.

Offline Hdjekso

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 21:20:46 »

C

hange: 

Reasoning: 

Personal opinion: I would much prefer one USB-C port over two USB-A. Having two USB-A ports on the back means that the cable going to the host device will be off-centre which may be jarring if there's nothing else plugged in to the other USB-A.

Seconded

Offline JPVann

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 08:56:07 »
I would buy with any ports on it.  The sooner the better :)

Offline chowder101

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 11:23:24 »
This looks very neutral. I would love to see this go into production. Why are there two extra USB type A ports?

Offline Kowaishi

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 06:19:17 »
does the knob wobble at all, or strongly centrered

Offline Convergence

Re: CU7
« Reply #87 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 11:27:27 »
From the October 2020 update:
CU7

We have returned to the previous interface of 2xUSB-A and 1xUSB-C.
We aim to release more product and group buy information this month!

Super excited to find out more, hoping different colour options will be available!

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 09:26:41 »

256207-0

It's official, the CU7 GB starts on 5th Dec and will be available from £59.99 (inc VAT)!

- USB-A ports were removed due to issues with power draw and so only 1xUXB-C remains.
- Case is only available in black, PCB is matte black.

Store Page: https://caps-unlocked.com/cu7/

Interest List Form: https://ae982967.sibforms.com/serve/MUIEALexej4Bd-7p-TA2O-arDEgLilqjMBJUrcvW4nub1f_qaY1r7n_ap8ie_cqQmTp-kUuN30hg3tuMT61WpxbtVWPXU5gdK6jwVvXINUYV13hZzxal337C9B0MmU_oDeDGQ06aOgoHH1_jcxyKpnRXTYjpOtsWgJEpspl0F5-ihfyMiXfbGL7VoEOvwvd8lkAxwiz9GETxPKya

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 14:26:59 »
Huray!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #90 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 04:02:38 »
Thank you for the code, I have ordered.  Waiting a long time for this little macro pad.  Good luck with the GB.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 04:57:26 »
Got one as well :D

Offline bball2

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 00:38:47 »
Is the group buy closed? I had it bookmarked as ending Jan 5th based on this page:

https://caps-unlocked.com/blog/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-cu7-and-the-upcoming-group-buy/

But the order page looks sold out with the end date changed to Dec 12 :-(

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 03:22:17 »
It closed earlier due to the insane amount of orders.

Offline WaS

• TELEPORT
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 17:43:02 »
Clean looking. Keeping it all USB C is a great start.

Same.

Offline the_onlyhope

« Reply #95 on: Sat, 03 July 2021, 06:56:25 »
Does anyone know if this shipped yet? Still haven't got mine in the US

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #96 on: Sat, 03 July 2021, 07:22:33 »
I don't think so.  I am in the UK and I have not received it yet either.

Systems -
More

Keyboards -
More

Offline growler

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 03:49:55 »
Me neither

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Don't just stare at it ...

Offline Alfodur

• Keycap Artisan
    • Just
« Reply #98 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 15:04:53 »
This thing is awesome, I want one!