Author Topic: [IC] GMK Mecha-01 - Project Mecha-0X GB Live!  (Read 277509 times)

Offline lakeboredom

Re: [IC] GMK Unit-01 (Formerly GMK Kaijū)
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 00:21:41 »
Yeah awakened is super sexy. Long as it gets english+hiragana. I dont think I would buy only hiragana.

*whispers* 268C...........
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 May 2019, 00:23:27 by lakeboredom »

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #101 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 00:46:13 »
>Unit-01
>Mostly purple with neon green highlights + orange spots here & there.
>This set, being renamed Unit-01
>Mostly gray with neon green highlights + purple spots here & there

Am I the crazy one here? Is this not an obvious mismatch?

Show Image

Show Image

I have to agree this set looks nothing like Unit-01.

I have to agree with these two posters. I don't feel like this set has anything to do with Unit-01.

I have to agree with these three posters. I don't feel like this set has anything to do with Unit-01.
But if there was a keyboard inside of the Eva... It would absolutely look like this.
Unlikely so
Show Image

That's the command center, not the eva.

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 01:28:24 »
Lmao
Op: names set Kaiju
People: this is too close to eva. Might as well just call it unit 1. Neon Genesis vibes for sure.
Op:likes Eva. Changes name to unit 01
People: this looks nothing like unit 01. I'm not seeing the connection. Not enough Eva.

Lmao xD if the color scheme stays the same, I'm in. Don't care. Lol

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 01:34:52 »
Lmao
People: this is too close to eva. Might as well just call it unit 1. Neon Genesis vibes for sure.
People: this looks nothing like unit 01. I'm not seeing the connection. Not enough Eva.

hahaha might as well go back to its original name of kaiju. imo, color-wise, it fits the name better than the one by nephlock.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 05:25:52 »
Something's really speaking to me about this set. Must be the green and gray alphas possibly. :eek: Also I want to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion now as I'm just getting into some anime.
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 18:29:13 »
I'll get this set if you get me Eva 01 and 02 Broshidos.
Dagnabit, I'll get the set even if you don't. But please help me out. PLEASE!

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 21:39:10 »
Lmao

It's because FullMetal said in Update #2 that he changed the inspiration to something along the lines of evoking what it'd be like in the cockpit of Unit-01 which it does not evoke.

Edit: removed some wording which after re-reading may have come off snide.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 May 2019, 03:39:48 by Pluto19 »

Offline FU11.META1

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 03:24:02 »
In my defense the original design was not meant to be EVA it was morphed into this form by taking community feedback. The dissimilarity comments have only appeared after the name change, before this there were far too many people commenting to ignore that the set took some inspiration from the colors of EVA-01. I took some artistic liberties with the amount of grey used, this was intentional. I realize there is a liberal use of grey here but it is not nonexistent in the EVA design. I realize it is a small accent and not a primary color, I wanted to originally create a more subdued set than something like NGE or Laser by using neutral colors.

I think adding orange to the base kit makes things start to look very garish. I was already planning on having orange novelty keys for people that would like a touch of orange.

I'm going to leave this render here and see if people would like to see the base kit that leaves out the grey, (also cutting down on price) and is similar to the alternate alpha kit but using green instead while turning the mods green and violet. A much more faithful representation of EVA-01.

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 03:38:49 »
If a faithful representation of EVA-01 is what you are looking for, then sure by all means completely leave out the grey. Personally though, I would recommend sticking to your initial vision and consider renaming this set to something else. Having the colors evoke EVA-01 should not have to mean that you completely abandon your initial vision.

Offline FU11.META1

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 03:55:39 »
If a faithful representation of EVA-01 is what you are looking for, then sure by all means completely leave out the grey. Personally though, I would recommend sticking to your initial vision and consider renaming this set to something else. Having the colors evoke EVA-01 should not have to mean that you completely abandon your initial vision.

Well my initial vision was Kaiju and I'm not going back to that. ;D

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 04:07:15 »

LMAO for what it's worth tho, I hope you stick with the grey alphas.

Offline FU11.META1

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 04:11:26 »

Noted. Just gauging interest now and seeing what people would be most interested in purchasing as an EVA themed set.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 06:13:23 »
Definitely prefer the original with grey alphas. People are just nit picking the name and theme, **** em, to be quite frank. Still looking  forward to comparing Violet C and 268C (one pantone away from the last purple you were trying) If we can brainstorm colors for a few days and put up a vote thatd be shwiggitty,

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 07:10:09 »
Definitely prefer the original with grey alphas. People are just nit picking the name and theme, **** em, to be quite frank. Still looking  forward to comparing Violet C and 268C (one pantone away from the last purple you were trying) If we can brainstorm colors for a few days and put up a vote thatd be shwiggitty,

I'd agree about the name. I personally don't really care about it but I certainly got really hyped about the gray/green alphas. One thing I don't like after re-checking renders is icon mods. I maybe old fashioned but I dig regular icon mods and not the new ones for Alt/Ctrl/Home and all the other stuff. Like I'm fine with the standard Enter, Shift, Caps Lock, Tab icons but Esc and the previously mentioned looks a bit weird for my taste. I do get why you want to go with Icon only modifiers though and you definitely shouldn't take my opinion into account lol.

P.S. "you" is meant to be FU11.META1
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline booleanjulien

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 09:13:49 »
I'm going to leave this render here and see if people would like to see the base kit that leaves out the grey, (also cutting down on price) and is similar to the alternate alpha kit but using green instead while turning the mods green and violet. A much more faithful representation of EVA-01.
Show Image

Wow, I'd get this in addition to the gray alphas.

If you made Esc + Enter muted orange with black legends... where do I throw my money?
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 May 2019, 09:19:45 by booleanjulien »

Offline megaforce

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 10:04:11 »
In my defense the original design was not meant to be EVA it was morphed into this form by taking community feedback. The dissimilarity comments have only appeared after the name change, before this there were far too many people commenting to ignore that the set took some inspiration from the colors of EVA-01. I took some artistic liberties with the amount of grey used, this was intentional. I realize there is a liberal use of grey here but it is not nonexistent in the EVA design. I realize it is a small accent and not a primary color, I wanted to originally create a more subdued set than something like NGE or Laser by using neutral colors.

I think adding orange to the base kit makes things start to look very garish. I was already planning on having orange novelty keys for people that would like a touch of orange.

Show Image

I like this more.

very good sir
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Uleet

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 10:34:30 »
Wow that purple and green look fantastic!

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 12:57:48 »
yeah purple and green is fire, theres like 3 different variations and i want them all

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 13:01:38 »
Purple an green all the way... with how black lotus is ending up looks like I'm gonna go with this one

Offline snarfel

« Reply #119 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 13:29:38 »
Feel like an idiot for buying that Troubled Minds R2 since I prefer this profile, would definitively still throw down on this more EVA focused set.

FWIW for avoiding future duplicate name, etc issues I believe thisisacamper is working on a red and black EVA-03 set inbetween things
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 May 2019, 13:32:30 by snarfel »

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 20:20:05 »

Show Image

Im down <3

Offline kidpid

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 23:04:25 »
I definitely prefer the purple alphas to the gray.

There better be an "I'm so ****ed up" novelty. :))

Offline fracno

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 23:18:03 »
I am 100% in for the last render posted. Purple, green, black.

Offline FinalEleven

« Reply #123 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 00:08:54 »

Show Image

I really REALLY like this colorway.

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 00:41:52 »
Yeah Idk what EVA or Unit-01 is, so keeping true to whatever the original is does not matter to me at all. But the original set you posted with the light grey alphas looks really good. The one you posted just above does not appeal to me. 

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 02:36:27 »

Show Image

PERFECT :D (have liked all the proposed colourways up until now though, so any of them get my support)
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 May 2019, 02:54:13 by Furikurichemy »

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 02:37:42 »
Yeah Idk what EVA or Unit-01 is, so keeping true to whatever the original is does not matter to me at all. But the original set you posted with the light grey alphas looks really good. The one you posted just above does not appeal to me.
Agree, stick with original concept, dont let people sway the entire set because of the name. I thought it looks like a terminal in a mech suit before, it was never about looking like the mech.

Offline wixxzblu

« Reply #127 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 06:10:51 »

Show Image

This is how i would do it, but also add a few orange accent keys.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 10:03:07 »
I mean I'll buy all 3 alpha sets you've shown

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 11:37:10 »
Yeah I do prefer the new colorway. Looks great!

If we're talking more calculatingly here, one hypothesis we can draw from recent successful GMK GBs (Laser, Wavez, Metropolis, maybe even Bento) is that: There's a healthy appetite for striking, vibrant, eff-you-look-at-me colorways. People love those. Wavez did very well despite not being on (Mass)Drop.

So yeah, I hope you'd go for this. The neon green on purple is very unique for GMK, even more so with sublegends, and it's not as garish as GMK NGE's all-green modifiers  :thumb:

Offline cynnoh

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 17:43:28 »
I think the new colorway looks great as well!  I still like the Awakened alpha colors, too, though.  Choices...

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 19:11:52 »

If we're talking more calculatingly here, one hypothesis we can draw from recent successful GMK GBs (Laser, Wavez, Metropolis, maybe even Bento) is that: There's a healthy appetite for striking, vibrant, eff-you-look-at-me colorways. People love those. Wavez did very well despite not being on (Mass)Drop.

So yeah, I hope you'd go for this. The neon green on purple is very unique for GMK, even more so with sublegends, and it's not as garish as GMK NGE's all-green modifiers  :thumb:

Precisely because so many of the recent sets fits your above description that I feel the more muted tones of the original design would provide a nice healthy contrast to them. Not everyone likes eff-you sets and there's been a real dearth of such that aren't simply one or two toned.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 19:49:52 »

Precisely because so many of the recent sets fits your above description that I feel the more muted tones of the original design would provide a nice healthy contrast to them. Not everyone likes eff-you sets and there's been a real dearth of such that aren't simply one or two toned.

> a real dearth of such
Huh, I would argue that it's the opposite. The sets I mentioned are very recent and IMO the outliers, not the norms when it comes to colors.
But hey, I'm not gonna debate numbers that I don't have with you. Let's wait and see how others react to this new set. Maybe a poll at some point by OP will settle that :)

Offline fireworm

« Reply #133 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 20:22:43 »

Show Image

Keeping the same color for the legends on the alphas and mods reads much better. 

My eyes had trouble shifting from the bright green to the less bright purple on gray.  I really like the purple on gray, but you'd need to tone down the green legends so it's all balanced in brightness.

I think the awakened set is harder to call.  I think the red is going to be hard to read...

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 10:29:22 »
Can someone render this on a TGR Jane V2 CE?!

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 10:30:06 »

Noted. Just gauging interest now and seeing what people would be most interested in purchasing as an EVA themed set.

+1 for grey alphas... I don't think I will pick it up if they are not an option at least! Looks much cleaner imo.

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #136 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 01:19:22 »
I've had a change of heart on this set, honestly, with some of the recent updates. I think it could be THE Evangelion set if we could nail a few things:

-Some real solid novelties, not meh ones like troubled minds. It would be awesome to get a small EVA-looking image like what Mizu does with the bear and waves.
-Accent mods. I really like how it looks with green, but I'd also like to see what the red awakened set with red accent mods looks like.
-Good color correction testing - I see noctilocous and troubled minds and they both kind of undersaturate the green. I don't think this set will suffer the same issue, but I would be better safe than sorry.

Overall, I really like the direction this set is taking with the awakened Hiragana (non-sublegend). I know a lot of people disagree and it's a matter of taste, honestly. I personally find the hiragana more minimalistic and in tune with the set.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #137 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 01:31:50 »
I've had a change of heart on this set, honestly, with some of the recent updates. I think it could be THE Evangelion set if we could nail a few things:

-Some real solid novelties, not meh ones like troubled minds. It would be awesome to get a small EVA-looking image like what Mizu does with the bear and waves.
-Accent mods. I really like how it looks with green, but I'd also like to see what the red awakened set with red accent mods looks like.
-Good color correction testing - I see noctilocous and troubled minds and they both kind of undersaturate the green. I don't think this set will suffer the same issue, but I would be better safe than sorry.

Overall, I really like the direction this set is taking with the awakened Hiragana (non-sublegend). I know a lot of people disagree and it's a matter of taste, honestly. I personally find the hiragana more minimalistic and in tune with the set.

Troubled minds isn’t an Eva set

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #138 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 03:57:47 »
consensus seems to be: original grey legends and they way to go, and awakened alphas as a child kit (either plain hiragana or sub legends would be a nice thing to vote on)
Lets get back to the real discussion of color matching. Violet C is nice, lets see 268C side by side?

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 04:42:36 »
consensus seems to be: original grey legends and they way to go, and awakened alphas as a child kit (either plain hiragana or sub legends would be a nice thing to vote on)
Lets get back to the real discussion of color matching. Violet C is nice, lets see 268C side by side?
You’re not OP.
What are you doing?

Offline kidpid

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 09:52:01 »

That's definitely not true. If you tally up the posts since the new render was posted then you'd see that more people are in favor of the purple alphas than the gray alphas. I do like the gray alphas, however, and think they should be included as a separate kit.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 13:14:14 »
Are you counting the people who only commented because of the new render.. the actual number of replies does not indicate which is more popular, it just happens to be who saw it and decided to reply that day.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #142 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 13:18:10 »
You’re not OP.
What are you doing?
I'm not doing anything, only suggesting that the past week has been completely useless as far as pushing this forward in a way that will get people interested. Half the people commenting are more concerned with whether the name makes sense than actually discussing the original concept on the first post. It's not fun seeing something you're excited about trash talked and turned into something different because op thinks he owes evangelion nerds a anime keyset.

Offline nguyenhimself

[IC] GMK Unit-01 (Formerly GMK Kaijū)
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 15:08:59 »
You’re not OP.
What are you doing?
I'm not doing anything, only suggesting that the past week has been completely useless as far as pushing this forward in a way that will get people interested. Half the people commenting are more concerned with whether the name makes sense than actually discussing the original concept on the first post. It's not fun seeing something you're excited about trash talked and turned into something different because op thinks he owes evangelion nerds a anime keyset.

This is an Interest Check.
Things are liable to change during Interest Checks.
It will stop when OP makes it so.
It’s weird how you, not OP, out of nowhere attempted to shift the discussion topic while everyone, including OP, are still debating which colorway to pick.
If OP decides the alphas would be gray only, I’d respectfully abide. Until then, I’ll keep on arguing for my case.
> trash talked
Man, if this qualifies as “trash talk” to you, I can’t wait for you to read the current IC thread for GMK Oblivion R2
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 May 2019, 15:13:20 by nguyenhimself »

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #144 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 20:12:40 »

It isn't? I remember it being a joker/eva set with novelties for both

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #145 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 23:56:23 »

it has Eva novelties like this set was gonna have at first, but it’s a joker set.

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 02:41:35 »

it has Eva novelties like this set was gonna have at first, but it’s a joker set.

Like Forever said, it's a Joker (The Killing Joke specifically) set. The EVA part was an afterthought because it too, had a similar color scheme albeit slightly different hues and added novelties from there.

Offline fracno

« Reply #147 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 10:37:01 »
Any news on this?

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 19:07:12 »
Mmm boy, the Eva themed novelties are coming along nicely. Need an update on this bad ;p

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 22:42:20 »
Man, I really hope we can get a timeline of sorts on this

I'm on the fence with getting Mizu but if this is running this year I gotta hold out for it