Author Topic: [GB] CA66 Custom Keyboard Kit Round 2 (Shipping Now)  (Read 263594 times)

Offline theo313

Re: [GB] CA66 Custom Keyboard Kit Round 2 (Shipping Now)
« Reply #750 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 08:56:04 »
Basic black with Space Cadet on Outemu silent Skys.

That basic black sure is pretty

Thanks! I actually went for black on your reccomendation

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #751 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 09:00:02 »
Waiting on my DHL order to get picked up, but in the mean time, here's the battery I got. Digi-Key p/n 1908-1377-ND. The clearance is a bit tight, but some fish paper on the back of the PCB will solve that concern. I'll update when the build is done, and once I see how many months it will run on this beefy 6Ah boy.

Show Image

Just FYI, according to the listed dimensions, that battery is too thick to fit the case.

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #752 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 09:46:06 »
I measured before ordering and found that it has enough clearance if it’s positioned closer to the rounded part of the case where it’s more spacious. I’ll double check with the actual battery later, hopefully I didn’t make an error when measuring.

Waiting on my DHL order to get picked up, but in the mean time, here's the battery I got. Digi-Key p/n 1908-1377-ND. The clearance is a bit tight, but some fish paper on the back of the PCB will solve that concern. I'll update when the build is done, and once I see how many months it will run on this beefy 6Ah boy.

Show Image

Just FYI, according to the listed dimensions, that battery is too thick to fit the case.

Offline jrfhoutx

« Reply #753 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 09:54:05 »
I measured before ordering and found that it has enough clearance if it’s positioned closer to the rounded part of the case where it’s more spacious. I’ll double check with the actual battery later, hopefully I didn’t make an error when measuring.

Show Image

the actual battery may be a little smaller than the spec states, but I printed out a mockup last night and couldn't close the case, even with the battery placed all the way up against the back of the case and in between the screw posts for the back cover.

Offline Vizir

« Reply #754 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 09:56:55 »

Show Image

Where are these dimensions listed?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline jrfhoutx

« Reply #755 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 11:26:05 »

Show Image

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/jauch-quartz/LP906090JH-PCM-WIRES-70MM/1908-1377-ND/9560999

3.62" L x 2.38" W x 0.39" H (92.0mm x 60.5mm x 9.9mm)

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #756 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 11:34:50 »
Has anyone experienced any issues with the bluetooth pcb and OSX?

I've seen several issues:

1. After waking the computer up the keyboard don't work, the led list is red and no keystrokes are registered.
2. Sometimes when unlocking it just sends keystrokes (never stops) without me ev touching it.
3. Every once in a while I feel keystrokes are missed. This has already happened three times just typing t(four now)his text.

Offline Vizir

« Reply #757 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 14:40:13 »

Show Image

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/jauch-quartz/LP906090JH-PCM-WIRES-70MM/1908-1377-ND/9560999

I meant the free space dimensions in the cad66

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #758 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 16:55:25 »
Looks like you are right, it's just a bit too thick. Not sure how I overlooked that, but I'll redact that post I made.

Show Image

the actual battery may be a little smaller than the spec states, but I printed out a mockup last night and couldn't close the case, even with the battery placed all the way up against the back of the case and in between the screw posts for the back cover.

Offline jrfhoutx

« Reply #759 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 17:18:25 »

Show Image

there aren't any afaik. I have a R1 board and a 3d printer, so to find a good battery, I just take the dimensions of the battery I'm considering, model it real quick (takes like 2 minutes in fusion360), print it out, and then stick it inside the case and see if it fits.

Offline Vizir

« Reply #760 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 17:21:52 »

Show Image

there aren't any afaik. I have a R1 board and a 3d printer, so to find a good battery, I just take the dimensions of the battery I'm considering, model it real quick (takes like 2 minutes in fusion360), print it out, and then stick it inside the case and see if it fits.

so, which battery are you going with?

Offline cijanzen

[GB] CA66 Custom Keyboard Kit Round 2 (Shipping Now)
« Reply #761 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 17:45:40 »
If y’all are looking for a battery that fits for sure, I bought this one and it fits perfectly with a 1.5mm thick piece of padding in between the PCB and battery.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32664444232.html?spm=a2g0n.orderlist-amp.item.32664444232&aff_trace_key=862d8275957b4f9d8c8270a30bee3d45-1556375710764-00627-UneMJZVf&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=6463amp-asGgtTM4X_KiRI9MoaIW8A1560206629176

Offline Lvlc

« Reply #762 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 21:44:59 »
Is there a bluetooth driver for Windows 10? Bluetooth connection seems fine with Linux Debian 9 and Android, but completely unusable on Windows 10.
I can connect on Windows 10, but the keystrokes have lag and either don't register or repeat many times.

Offline redjarojam

• Instagram
« Reply #763 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 23:01:27 »
In my little bag of extras, I have the daughter board for usb, ribbon, washers for screw in stabs and a piece that has 5 little rectangles with yellow dots. I am ignorant as to what that is for. Can someone help me out?

Offline Vizir

« Reply #764 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 23:16:00 »
In my little bag of extras, I have the daughter board for usb, ribbon, washers for screw in stabs and a piece that has 5 little rectangles with yellow dots. I am ignorant as to what that is for. Can someone help me out?
The white pieces with yellow circles are spare LEDs

Offline abcgel

« Reply #765 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 05:00:53 »
Thank you for this. Love it!

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #766 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 06:52:43 »
Thank you for this. Love it!
The WS2 white matches the case really well!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline Jonathan0903

« Reply #767 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 07:52:27 »
Is there a bluetooth driver for Windows 10? Bluetooth connection seems fine with Linux Debian 9 and Android, but completely unusable on Windows 10.
I can connect on Windows 10, but the keystrokes have lag and either don't register or repeat many times.

That may be a problem specific to your hardware. I've used the board on 3 seperate computers, all running Windows 10 with no problems so far. Try updating your drivers through Windows update, or disabling and then reenabling your bluetooth chipset from the device manager.

Offline redjarojam

• Instagram
« Reply #768 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 09:36:00 »

Thanks.

Offline Vizir

« Reply #769 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 09:38:55 »

Thanks.
You understand what the rest are for, right?

Offline 5inn3d-

« Reply #770 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 11:25:01 »
are extra plates available for purchase??

Offline Choobies

« Reply #771 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 12:16:18 »
are extra plates available for purchase??

I believe extras will be posted at their site when parts are available.
https://play-keyboard.store/collections/group-buys/products/ca66-extra-parts?variant=18700312543350

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #772 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 14:00:59 »
Are the website GB's dates for 2018, or are they current?

Offline Vizir

« Reply #773 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 14:02:52 »
2018. They are being delivered now.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #774 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 14:09:05 »

Thank you for the feedback. It appears that the set can still be bought at the website. I hope for a third round.

Offline Lvlc

« Reply #775 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 17:13:35 »

That may be a problem specific to your hardware. I've used the board on 3 seperate computers, all running Windows 10 with no problems so far. Try updating your drivers through Windows update, or disabling and then reenabling your bluetooth chipset from the device manager.

You were right, it was a hardware issue. Figured it out by changing the bluetooth adapter.

Offline King4477

« Reply #776 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 20:37:28 »
Is anyone else having an issue with their Bluetooth PCB disconnecting itself and quickly re-connecting over a wired connection? I have not connected to any Bluetooth devices yet, and have tried turning off Bluetooth but the issue persists. It also happens with different laptops and with different USB cables.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #777 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 20:42:03 »
Is anyone else having an issue with their Bluetooth PCB disconnecting itself and quickly re-connecting over a wired connection? I have not connected to any Bluetooth devices yet, and have tried turning off Bluetooth but the issue persists. It also happens with different laptops and with different USB cables.
Are you using the correct firmware (CAD66) from ydkb.io?
http://ydkb.io/?cad66

Offline King4477

« Reply #778 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 20:47:36 »

Yes sure am. I think in an earlier post Barry mentioned firmware updates but am not certain if this is firmware or hardware related, perhaps a poor power connection.

Offline EvilemX8

« Reply #779 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 20:49:29 »
Yea I am also having the same disconnection and reconnection issue on Bluetooth. He told me to tape the connector, which I did. I also looked at my DIY ZapCables and resoldered everything - it works on every other one of my boards, and my phone, even when i wiggle it like crazy. So I think the issue is definitely isolated to the Bluetooth PCB. I'm going to take a look at the daughter board at some point, and see if some points may need solder.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #780 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 20:52:28 »

Yes sure am. I think in an earlier post Barry mentioned firmware updates but am not certain if this is firmware or hardware related, perhaps a poor power connection.
Have you tried using the board outside of the case? I haven't gotten round to using my BT board but I'm a bit sceptical of how reliable the connection will be, considering the placement of the module and the amount of alu almost completely surrounding it

Offline King4477

« Reply #781 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 21:21:23 »

Have you tried using the board outside of the case? I haven't gotten round to using my BT board but I'm a bit sceptical of how reliable the connection will be, considering the placement of the module and the amount of alu almost completely surrounding it

I noticed the same issue while outside the case too. Come to think of it, I think I had the same problem with one of my R1 PCB daughter boards, and swapping the daughter board got it working. I only have the one BT PCB daughter board however so some more in depth troubleshooting is in my future.

Offline King4477

« Reply #782 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 21:22:06 »
Yea I am also having the same disconnection and reconnection issue on Bluetooth. He told me to tape the connector, which I did. I also looked at my DIY ZapCables and resoldered everything - it works on every other one of my boards, and my phone, even when i wiggle it like crazy. So I think the issue is definitely isolated to the Bluetooth PCB. I'm going to take a look at the daughter board at some point, and see if some points may need solder.

+1

Will let you know if I find anything

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
« Reply #783 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 00:51:26 »

I noticed the same issue while outside the case too. Come to think of it, I think I had the same problem with one of my R1 PCB daughter boards, and swapping the daughter board got it working. I only have the one BT PCB daughter board however so some more in depth troubleshooting is in my future.

If some of you still face the same problem, please check some following points:
1. Test wire mode without battery plugged in.
2. Make sure there are no positions shortened.
3. There is a small space beside connector and case, but still there's a chance of it being the problem.
    Also, bottom row will be very close to bottom plate when bottom plate is been screwed up.
    Make sure bottom row switch pings don't connect with bottom plate.
4. Making sure grounding wires in your house are connected properly and correctly.
    If not, it will also cause the problem.

Thank you for the feedback. It appears that the set can still be bought at the website. I hope for a third round.

There won't be. Sorry. :(

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #784 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 11:49:25 »
I'm I the only one having connection issus in OS X?

I've tested several different cables and all have the same issue on my MacBook Pro (late 2018) and all of them work on my PC with Windows 10..

On my Mac, half of the times I connect the led strip lights up solid and half it won't light up at all. Only a few times the keyboard actually boots up and connects.
I haven't tried with Bluetooth as I don't have a battery.

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #785 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 12:55:02 »
I'm I the only one having connection issus in OS X?

I've tested several different cables and all have the same issue on my MacBook Pro (late 2018) and all of them work on my PC with Windows 10..

On my Mac, half of the times I connect the led strip lights up solid and half it won't light up at all. Only a few times the keyboard actually boots up and connects.
I haven't tried with Bluetooth as I don't have a battery.

No problems on my end with BT PCB. Running Mojave with USB-A port MacBook Pro.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #786 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 17:20:44 »
Can anyone tell me, would this battery be suitable? - the website says it is an "unprotected cell" and I'm not sure if that matters on this board. Any help appreciated
https://www.jaycar.com.au/18650-rechargeable-li-ion-battery-2600mah-3-7v/p/SB2308

Edit: I just want to know if the board is supposed to have a 'protected' cell, or 'unprotected' cell
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2019, 17:26:44 by Lyle88 »

Offline jrfhoutx

« Reply #787 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 17:29:19 »
Can anyone tell me, would this battery be suitable? - the website says it is an "unprotected cell" and I'm not sure if that matters on this board. Any help appreciated
https://www.jaycar.com.au/18650-rechargeable-li-ion-battery-2600mah-3-7v/p/SB2308

Edit: assuming the size is ok, I'm just interested in whether the battery is ok

A protected cell just means that there’s a circuit attached to prevent over charging and over discharging.
Whether or not it’s ok for this application, idk, because idk what kind of charging circuit or protection is designed into the pcb.

Offline EvilemX8

« Reply #788 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 18:42:26 »
Anyone have news how to fix the intermittent disconnection issue?

Offline Choobies

« Reply #789 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 19:55:36 »

I am having the same issue with the BT pcb while it is plugged in.

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
« Reply #790 on: Sat, 15 June 2019, 00:43:59 »
Hi guys, we've made a guide for default PCB: http://bit.ly/31ATS6v
If you have any issue when building it, you might want to check it.
Guide for BT PCB will be out soon after we finishing a build service for a customer.

And some official photos here for white case, feat GMK Chocolatier.
221151-0221153-1
221155-2221157-3
221159-4221161-5
221163-6

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #791 on: Sat, 15 June 2019, 04:31:41 »
I need some Pro tips if anyone can help. I have just checked to see if I can fit switches on each corner of my brass plate with the BT PCB but once I get the switches in on one side, the switches on the other side are about 1-1.5mm out of alignment. I have tried flexing the plate a bit to get the switches into the PCB but had no luck. Hoping for some suggestions as I don't really want to take a file to this plate too...

Offline nulltorious

« Reply #792 on: Sat, 15 June 2019, 04:55:16 »
Looks like the legs of the switches you are using is to fat to seat all the way in the PCB. You can try clipping the legs. I had this problem with zeal switches in another build and went with MX black instead.

« Last Edit: Sat, 15 June 2019, 05:03:03 by nulltorious »

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #793 on: Sat, 15 June 2019, 05:52:05 »
Looks like the legs of the switches you are using is to fat to seat all the way in the PCB. You can try clipping the legs. I had this problem with zeal switches in another build and went with MX black instead.
I have already tested the switches in the PCB and plate separately and they are fine. The reason it won't fit through the plate and PCB together is because the plate seems to be poorly cut and forces the switches on to an angle to reach the PCB holes. I had the same issue with my alu plate and have to desolder then file the plate so I figured maybe it's a common problem since it's happened on both my plates.

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #794 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 08:12:58 »
Any idea when the remaining orders will be picked up by DHL?

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #795 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 13:59:39 »
If anyone's interested in selling their white CA66 kit, send me a PM or hit me up on Discord @ konstantin#6505.

Offline ganymede

« Reply #796 on: Tue, 18 June 2019, 19:14:50 »

I am having the same issue with the BT pcb while it is plugged in.

I am also having intermittent disconnection issues with BT PCB while it's plugged in via USB. Additionally, a slew of random number characters was dumped into an email I was typing today. Running MacOS Mojave on a MBP, plugged into an outlet.

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #797 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 00:46:14 »
I don't have disconnection issues but my bt pcb is randomly missing keystrokes and have issues connecting with Mojave. I've only tried to connect it via usb as I don’t have a battery for it.

Offline DoCallMeKing

« Reply #798 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 14:07:53 »
Anyone have an extra plate they’d be willing to sell? I have a ton of verified trades on mechmarket.
Let me know. Thanks a lot.

Offline nulltorious

« Reply #799 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 21:46:01 »
Anyone have an extra plate they’d be willing to sell? I have a ton of verified trades on mechmarket.
Let me know. Thanks a lot.

I sent you a PM, I have an extra plate you can have for retail.