Author Topic: hello im Jay  (Read 2075 times)

Offline jawad83

hello im Jay
« on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 17:52:31 »
I build and try out new designs of 3d printers. if anyone has questions or anything relevant  to 3d printing i can help.just recently got a mechanical key board pretty cool i like it, still learning all the bells and whistles though but yeah new here so hello everyone

Offline whentheclouds

Re: hello im Jay
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 17:53:20 »
what's the coolest thing a 3d printer is capable of producing at the moment?

Offline jawad83

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 18:22:31 »
depends on how precise your machine is as of now their are all kinds of filaments to choose from Kevlar,carbon fiber etc... i have made rc car body's, 12 inch t-rex skull,custom parts for my printer complete fans minus motor. The art section is pretty much limitless. If you know how to program the arduino boards and things of that nature then you can build anything anything electronic. You would just print all your gears and casings to your liking. For example take a push mower cut off the arms add a printed track system with direct drive gears for your motors. add necessary control boards capable of running motors and camera run it from your smart phone.  after everything gets put in place scan it mask it and make a body( with proper vent holes) for it ,lets use a shark for this idea lol and boom you have your own custom remote control shark mower lol

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 18:33:41 »
haha that is pretty cool. seems like the technology's matured quite a bit since i vaguely read about it couple of years ago. not sure if 3d printing is applicable to anything keyboard related though, aside from keycaps. but i'll let people more imaginative than myself worry about that

hope you enjoy your stay :)

Offline jawad83

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 18:38:21 »
i appreciate that have a good one

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 00:31:31 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I can see people asking whether you can print keycaps :p

And even whether you can print custom cases for keyboards.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jawad83

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 04:01:48 »
lol yeah, I've made a few caps but haven't tried the boards yet.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 02 March 2015, 04:03:20 »
lol yeah, I've made a few caps but haven't tried the boards yet.

Where are the pictures of the caps? :p

Feel free to start a new thread in making stuff together so we can all see :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jawad83

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 15:20:41 »
Here I am lol

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 14:47:51 »
Welcome!

12" TREX Skull?! That's sick!  That'd be cool to have a velociraptor or dilaphosaurus!

Offline jawad83

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 11:40:19 »
Thanks and yeah it would. May have exaggerated a little right at ten inches from back to front not height lol here is a pic

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 04:52:32 »
That would make a wicked paperweight!