Author Topic: Octagon V2 75% Kustom Keyboard Group Buy (Closed for Orders)  (Read 427587 times)

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
Re: Octagon V2 75% Kustom Keyboard Group Buy
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 17:37:38 »
anyone have any opinions on which case color would look best with the hyperfuse set? Blue-Grey or silver?

Blue grey is pretty neutral, but the blue grey is awesome,  I have it in the Orion  :)

If I were to join this I'd definitely get the blue/gray. It looks amazing.

I was on the fence about Blue Grey and ordered Silver. I think I might have to change my color choice  :)

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #201 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 18:58:31 »
anyone have any opinions on which case color would look best with the hyperfuse set? Blue-Grey or silver?

HEY!!! Blue grey and hyperfuse are what I was planning!!!

XD I think they would both look great.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #202 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 19:25:35 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:23:37 by alienman82 »

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #203 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 19:30:12 »
Show Image

Is this layout supported?  The mock-up of the plate appears to, but the layout pic argues against it.

Looking at the right shift specifically

It appears that the long shift is no longer supported

TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #204 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 19:37:09 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:23:35 by alienman82 »

Offline Delirious

« Reply #205 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 19:48:47 »
Show Image

Is this layout supported?  The mock-up of the plate appears to, but the layout pic argues against it.

That looks supported to me. This is my Gon-60 plate with the same separation bar. It actually helps making the switch studier if using 2.75x Shift

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #206 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 19:56:47 »
Show Image

That looks supported to me. This is my Gon-60 plate with the same separation bar. It actually helps making the switch studier if using 2.75x Shift

Show Image

So what you use two switches rather than stabilizers?

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #207 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 19:59:32 »
Show Image

Show Image

No, you just put the switch in the middle there with some stabs on the sides.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #208 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 20:02:50 »
Show Image

Show Image

Yeah but the Octagon doesn't have cutouts in the plate for stabs.

Offline Delirious

« Reply #209 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 20:07:12 »
Yea I u
Show Image

Show Image

Yea I use the Pure layout.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #210 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 20:07:28 »
Show Image

Show Image

The way that stabs are set up in the board with the grey plate (above), the stab cutouts are above the switch (as you can see on the enter key) so I wouldn't be surprised if you can't see them because of the switches.

Also, if you look at the schematic type pictures in the first post, the plate clearly supports the stabs for a long shift :)

Offline ika

« Reply #211 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 20:08:14 »
Show Image

Show Image

It does, and does support long right-shift from the looks of it:

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #212 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 20:11:24 »
Show Image

Show Image

It does, and does support long right-shift from the looks of it:
Show Image

Ah ok that's good to know, it appears the picture I grabbed was at the perfect angle to cover it up. :p

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #213 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 20:12:45 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:23:32 by alienman82 »

Offline E3E

« Reply #214 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 21:37:04 »
Show Image

Pff, short right shifts are so much better. Long shifts are so redundant.

Though I understand if you're having trouble finding the caps there. Definitely another kink in the road that is non-standard layouts.

Offline Zedd

« Reply #215 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 16:59:36 »
ordered!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #216 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 17:10:17 »
ordered!

Best of luck and welcome to geekhack! It appears we're past the 80 order mark so there is a chance anyone entering now may not get a board, don't let that discourage you to order still since if there is enough orders a third round could happen. :thumb:

Offline Zapheo

• There's nothing that I wouldn't do.
« Reply #217 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 17:36:57 »

Hey guys I can't really tell, but is this the grey blue bottom with silver top?
I need more keyboards to hold all of these keycaps.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #218 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 17:38:07 »
ordered!

Best of luck and welcome to geekhack! It appears we're past the 80 order mark so there is a chance anyone entering now may not get a board, don't let that discourage you to order still since if there is enough orders a third round could happen. :thumb:

wouldn't they just go into a later batch?

The Duck Feet's are going to be available only in anodized silver.

Orders will be fulfilled by 40+40+...

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #219 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 17:42:22 »
ordered!

Yeah that's what I said but I'm not sure a third batch would happen unless their was a full 40 more orders, depending on how overloaded Duck is or not. Have to remember this isn't the only site that he is doing the GB for as well.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #220 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 17:47:49 »
ordered!

Yeah that's what I said but I'm not sure a third batch would happen unless their was a full 40 more orders, depending on how overloaded Duck is or not. Have to remember this isn't the only site that he is doing the GB for as well.

ah, gotcha... makes sense

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #221 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 18:57:08 »
Kinda annoyed that it was 30 but then raised to 80 because of whatever reason. Really wanted it due to the exclusivity and meaning of it but felt that it's going to lose some of that because of the amount. Obviously there's no pulling back to 30 but still going to go ahead with it.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #222 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 18:58:25 »
Kinda annoyed that it was 30 but then raised to 80 because of whatever reason. Really wanted it due to the exclusivity and meaning of it but felt that it's going to lose some of that because of the amount. Obviously there's no pulling back to 30 but still going to go ahead with it.
Why wouldn't you just be happy that more people will get to enjoy the board now?

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #223 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 19:06:08 »

In my opinion it should never be about exclusivity, sure it feels more special when less are made but 80 is still an insanely low number. It's such a fantastic board and I feel more people should get the opportunity to own a Duck. The reason why customs aren't mass produced is the creator is generally not comfortable with dealing with that many, you tend to lose on quality.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #224 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 19:07:04 »

In my opinion it should never be about exclusivity, sure it feels more special when less are made but 80 is still an insanely low number. It's such a fantastic board and I feel more people should get the opportunity to own a Duck.
That's how I feel about it :) I'm glad I'll get to build and own one...

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #225 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 19:08:49 »
True that more people get the experience but I get hard-ons from knowing I have 1 of x. Makes everything a lot more special for me.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #226 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 19:09:47 »
True that more people get the experience but I get hard-ons from knowing I have 1 of x. Makes everything a lot more special for me.
You know you have one of 80, or whatever the number ends up being. What's your point?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #227 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 19:13:28 »
You know you have one of 80, or whatever the number ends up being. What's your point?

Smaller numbers are nicer & are better long term (creates loyalty etc). If everyone can get one then what's the point?

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #228 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 19:16:38 »
My point is that not everyone can get one anyway... Even if the numbers were in the thousands, there are plenty of people that would still want one.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #229 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 19:26:30 »
My point is that not everyone can get one anyway... Even if the numbers were in the thousands, there are plenty of people that would still want one.

I agree with your point, I just personally wouldn't of made the decision to increase the drop amount. I like the idea of more people experiencing it though, thanks guys.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #230 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 19:30:07 »

have you thought about that there might be more made for the Korean community too? ;-)
maybe even a Chinese GB as well...

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #231 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 19:30:56 »

I agree with your point, I just personally wouldn't of made the decision to increase the drop amount. I like the idea of more people experiencing it though, thanks guys.

Wasn't there always going to be more than 30? The first batch would have been 30.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #232 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 19:33:46 »

Wasn't there always going to be more than 30? The first batch would have been 30.

Yeah, it all depends on interest really but with more and more GBs there will obviously be more interest. I believe the LSv2 had exactly 30 but then the Orion v2 had 60, and now 80+.

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #233 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 22:42:30 »
I snagged the blue grey from version one, and it is a stunning colour. Still waiting on Hyperfuse so it hasn't been used yet, but soon. Haha.

Hoping for a Duck or Viper version two in the near future. Such beautiful cases that come with all of them.

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #234 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 22:43:42 »
I snagged the blue grey from version one, and it is a stunning colour. Still waiting on Hyperfuse so it hasn't been used yet, but soon. Haha.

Hoping for a Duck or Viper version two in the near future. Such beautiful cases that come with all of them.

It'll be a couple years before a Duck Viper/Eagle v2, Duck already has other plans for LSv3 and then Orion v3 after this.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #235 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 11:14:51 »

In my opinion it should never be about exclusivity, sure it feels more special when less are made but 80 is still an insanely low number. It's such a fantastic board and I feel more people should get the opportunity to own a Duck. The reason why customs aren't mass produced is the creator is generally not comfortable with dealing with that many, you tend to lose on quality.

Omg, this! I was in the first 30 (first group buy ever too), and im glad that its 40, 40 & that more people get to get in....Its nice to be a special snowflake, but as Steezus mentioned, 80 is still so damn low. The exclusivity/prestige/mystique of the product will remain intact ! 

On another note, I hope as get the opportunity to nab a Lightsaver v3, cause i really believe thats endgame for me  :-*
...Or...I'll be beyond content if they bring back the butterfly numpad  ;D
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #236 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 11:22:06 »

It'll be a couple years before a Duck Viper/Eagle v2, Duck already has other plans for LSv3 and then Orion v3 after this.
Well I'm interested in Orion v3 as well, so no worries.  ;D ;D ;D

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline tkpresent

« Reply #237 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 11:26:52 »
BTW, should I choose the specific layout of the board?
or is there only one type of board that I can choose/build whatever I want when I build the keyboard?

Sorry about the basic question. This gonna be my first custom keyboard.
- HHKB
- Varmilo VA68M
- Octagon V2
- TX 87
- ZZ96
- TX1800

Offline E3E

« Reply #238 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 11:50:39 »

This is ridiculous. So for people like me who knew about this board way ahead of time (as an Octagon lover, that should be obvious) but had a busy day and couldn't make up a decision in time for the first batch (that ended up with me being at position #67), we should just get screwed over? No, sorry, but that is stupid. Nothing against you, but this kind of thinking is really some of the most terrible in the community. So many people get wrapped up in exclusivity. It should never be about that. Having something just to say you have something rare or coveted is stupid and selfish.

Look at me, I'm a special snow flake. Look at these rare boards and artisans I pissed my money away into. No. Lol. Just no.

That said, enjoy your damn Octagon v2 for what it is! An AWESOME board. Like Steez said, 80 is still very low compared to anything OEM. It might be higher than the paltry 27 orders (35 boards) of the first Octagon GB, but it's still limited!

I think the hype from the second Orion and draw from the reddit community as well as more awareness in general has contributed to the huge influx for this GB.

Like, another one that shocked me was how many people ordered a Mira. I didn't think that'd even even hit the numbered maximum, but it surpassed it!

« Last Edit: Sun, 17 January 2016, 11:52:21 by E3E »

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #239 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 14:07:17 »

The only reason I can see people wanting exclusive stuff is so that they can mark up the price and re-sell.

Defeats the purpose in my opinion.

Let people, who are willing to pay for it, get one.

Keyboards dont need to start following the artisan scene.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #240 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 14:09:01 »

This is ridiculous. So for people like me who knew about this board way ahead of time (as an Octagon lover, that should be obvious) but had a busy day and couldn't make up a decision in time for the first batch (that ended up with me being at position #67), we should just get screwed over? No, sorry, but that is stupid. Nothing against you, but this kind of thinking is really some of the most terrible in the community. So many people get wrapped up in exclusivity. It should never be about that. Having something just to say you have something rare or coveted is stupid and selfish.

Look at me, I'm a special snow flake. Look at these rare boards and artisans I pissed my money away into. No. Lol. Just no.

That said, enjoy your damn Octagon v2 for what it is! An AWESOME board. Like Steez said, 80 is still very low compared to anything OEM. It might be higher than the paltry 27 orders (35 boards) of the first Octagon GB, but it's still limited!

I think the hype from the second Orion and draw from the reddit community as well as more awareness in general has contributed to the huge influx for this GB.

Like, another one that shocked me was how many people ordered a Mira. I didn't think that'd even even hit the numbered maximum, but it surpassed it!

i think it is still yet to be seen if that one will make it, though. duck is definitely more reliable on his promises

Offline E3E

« Reply #241 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 14:47:27 »

The only reason I can see people wanting exclusive stuff is so that they can mark up the price and re-sell.

Damn, I didn't even think of it from the capitalist angle. That's so true and it disgusts me even more. Ew, ew, ew!  >:D

I wholeheartedly agree here.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #242 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 14:50:03 »

Damn, I didn't even think of it from the capitalist angle. That's so true and it disgusts me even more. Ew, ew, ew!  >:D

I wholeheartedly agree here.

But think of all the monies I can have selling my boards? :(

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #243 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 16:17:47 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:23:15 by alienman82 »

Offline RichieRo

« Reply #244 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 17:17:56 »
Submitted.  Sat on this for too long, hope I don't miss out.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #245 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 19:07:10 »
Never knew people felt so strongly about that subject. I've read everything and still stand by my point, but I can see it from the other side now.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #246 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 19:28:50 »
Ok I think this is enough orders.  I will stop adding orders from here on out.

Offline Zapheo

• There's nothing that I wouldn't do.
« Reply #247 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 19:32:29 »
Ok I think this is enough orders.  I will stop adding orders from here on out.

Congrats to everyone who got in!
I need more keyboards to hold all of these keycaps.

Offline tkpresent

« Reply #248 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 22:13:26 »
What?

I've just found that my order number has been changed from #80 to #81???!!!

Why??????????????
- HHKB
- Varmilo VA68M
- Octagon V2
- TX 87
- ZZ96
- TX1800

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #249 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 22:17:36 »
What?

I've just found that my order number has been changed from #80 to #81???!!!

Why??????????????

Pretty sure you just looked at it wrong, never saw you at #80