Author Topic: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard - CANCELLED, we will come back  (Read 77224 times)

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
Re: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 17:06:22 »
oh, will order confirmation sheet be up soon? Just wanna be sure I did it right and the correct order made it in :P

I sent you a PM for your entry

thank you, much obliged :)
I hope it was clear I meant top case (for the colour change, not top plate. Plate is to be brass)

PS: also interested in the weight. (especially with all brass options)

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 17:09:37 »

You can put colors that are not offered. We will review and discuss what colors we can accommodate

Blue top, gold bottom like in the 3D model would be very cool... Can I edit my color way lol  :-\
You still need to add your preference in the order form if you haven't done so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline metalliccharles

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 17:19:09 »
Okay, order edited.. I'm done now I swear

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 17:21:38 »
Hmm I now wonder if there is a shade of gold which allows the brass weight to stand out. As much as I would love a gold base, it seems like the brass weight might not stand out enough to be able to discern the bottom logo, which would be a shame.
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #104 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 18:02:51 »
will you anodize the brass plate also? or just leave it as pure polish brass plate? i might need to resubmit my order :(

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 18:30:53 »
will you anodize the brass plate also? or just leave it as pure polish brass plate? i might need to resubmit my order :(

No i dont think they will anodize the brass plate

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #106 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 18:32:19 »
M65's brass was treated, not sure what EVE is set up to do though. Tarnished brass looks ver nice though, so either is fine by me   :)
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline rioc

« Reply #107 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 18:35:47 »
don't think brass can be anodized, or can it?

sand blasted, yes, but anodized?

ok, apparently it can be anodized... only seen sandblasted yet though
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 May 2017, 18:37:29 by rioc »

Offline Gajible

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 18:46:47 »
Welp, submitted my form. Here's to hoping my colours get made because this is the nicest board I've seen in a while. It'd be a shame to let colours kill it.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 19:06:09 »
Order submitted and hoping my blue happens

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline PLC

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 19:08:25 »
Looks so awesome. Do you take Paypal for the payment? ;D

Offline gaiden

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 19:09:59 »
Damn this kit is easily 600 after all is said and done with brass... 😥

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline rioc

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 19:12:25 »
how many boards is this limited to btw?

Offline Doluded

• road to black star
« Reply #113 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 19:13:28 »
I'm pretty sure he said unlimited

Offline rioc

« Reply #114 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 19:13:58 »
Damn this kit is easily 600 after all is said and done with brass... 😥

I'm guessing it'll cost me a tad less than the skog with all brass. (incl. shipping)

Offline rioc

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 19:14:19 »
I'm pretty sure he said unlimited

Ah, then I must have misread that somewhere

Offline yokken

« Reply #116 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 19:14:51 »
Just realized that the plate doesn't seem to allow switchtop opening. That is a huge feature of the brass plate in the TX boards and I personally love it. With the Moon, you better know exactly which switch configuration you want to use, because changing it will be a pain in the rear. I have been able to do a lot of experimentation on my TX-CP by opening the switches and I'm really happy now that the plate allows for it. I'm disappointed honestly, not sure if I can justify this board anymore  :( I will need some time to think about it. Maybe wait for some new renders of different color configurations...?
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 May 2017, 19:17:53 by yokken »

Offline rioc

« Reply #117 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 19:29:58 »
Just realized that the plate doesn't seem to allow switchtop opening. That is a huge feature of the brass plate in the TX boards and I personally love it. With the Moon, you better know exactly which switch configuration you want to use, because changing it will be a pain in the rear. I have been able to do a lot of experimentation on my TX-CP by opening the switches and I'm really happy now that the plate allows for it. I'm disappointed honestly, not sure if I can justify this board anymore  :( I will need some time to think about it. Maybe wait for some new renders of different color configurations...?

Oh, I know exactly how my final moon is gonna be like :)

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #118 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 19:34:55 »
Ordered. Colour combos are amazing! Seeing new colours not seen on any other boards before.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 19:35:47 »
Disallowing switch opening is fairly common in higher-end customs. I think some people point to higher rigidity and better alignment of switches?
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 19:37:34 »
Disallowing switch opening is fairly common in higher-end customs. I think some people point to higher rigidity and better alignment of switches?

Correct

Offline Tally810

« Reply #121 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 19:38:57 »
Yea I have a couple boards with each type plate and they both have their pros and cons.  I don't have a preference either way tbh.

Offline gaiden

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 20:45:21 »
OP I have 2 3 questions:

1). Any indepth info on the PCB? I hope it's a user friendly (one that supports English?) also any pictures of the pcb?

2). Are there any more pictures of all the colors I see many names but I wish I could see the colors and not just names. For example "bamboo green'..  i wish there are just pictures of the different keyboard colors and not artistic shots blurs and filters are making it hard to correctly see the colors.

3). Dose it support HHKB style layout (split backspace, split rigth shift etc)?

really sexy board, i just want to see the color samples and know more about the programming software. thanks
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 May 2017, 20:51:43 by gaiden »

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #123 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 20:47:28 »
I Probably missed it, but are their renders/pictures of all the different colours that you can choose? So far I've only seen the orange/black and the silver and the form has like 5 different options.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 21:14:31 »
I Probably missed it, but are their renders/pictures of all the different colours that you can choose? So far I've only seen the orange/black and the silver and the form has like 5 different options.
Here's the pictures I kind of went by.  https://imgur.com/a/hcJlD

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 21:16:32 »
looks good, pricey though

price is reasonable to me, the case isnt exactly the easier to machine. not all straight edges. the weight design, the stripes.. etc. not cheap.

Given the case design the price for this is very reasonable. EVE has done a great job and has produced a great board. Please support him and his group buy

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #126 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 21:24:17 »

Aha, this is the pic that i would want to see. Thanks!
I'm all set with the carbon choice after seeing this album.

Now, all that i would want to know is the PCB and layout combination..
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline Tally810

« Reply #127 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 21:24:57 »

Aha, this is the pic that i would want to see. Thanks!
I'm all set with the carbon choice after seeing this album.

Now, all that i would want to know is the PCB and layout combination..
Nice dude yea they helped me too.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #128 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 22:38:01 »
Updated order form, now you can pick one option you like the most and leave a note as your request. We'll decide what we can do to best accommodate.

Nice, can I send you a pm? (I already placed an order)

just re-submit the form and added your preference. PMs get missed sometimes

shot you a pm regarding a preference only because if that preferance can't be fulfilled i'd like to go with a different color choice.

Offline dblack

• Formerly ZuXzu
« Reply #129 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 22:38:50 »
Hey, will you ship to the paypal address or the address in the form. I will use the same addresses but your form gave me no option for my apartment number.

Offline keyplanocator

« Reply #130 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 23:46:40 »
will there be a round2?

Offline Tally810

« Reply #131 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 00:35:28 »
I added my forum name but still dont see my order on the list.  Thanks for the buy dude

Offline Blrq

« Reply #132 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 05:21:48 »
Hello zzyjayfree and everyone else! I'm breaking lurking mode here.

I am going to join this buy, but I have a few questions before I send my order.

First question: what is the weight of the aluminium weight and brass weight respectively?

Second question: is it possible to see the gray/black colours in better lighting or color code? It's hard for me to decide which of them will fit my imaginary picture of the finished product next to my shoe.

Third question: awesome keyboard, thanks for this opportunity!

Thanks from me.

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #133 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 05:54:05 »
Hi jay,

I realize that I didn't have my forum name up yet so I decided to resubmit the form. added my color preference as well. you can delete my previous form. I think it's pretty much finished for now from my side.
thanks again!
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #134 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 09:23:24 »
Hey, will you ship to the paypal address or the address in the form. I will use the same addresses but your form gave me no option for my apartment number.

I'll double check address if form address is different from PayPal address

OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 09:23:57 »
Hi jay,

I realize that I didn't have my forum name up yet so I decided to resubmit the form. added my color preference as well. you can delete my previous form. I think it's pretty much finished for now from my side.
thanks again!
It overrides, so you are all set!

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 09:43:57 »
Hi Jay,

Is it possible to mask the email column? Never can tell with wife's snooping ability. 😰

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #137 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 10:27:29 »
Hi Jay,

Is it possible to mask the email column? Never can tell with wife's snooping ability. 😰

Sorry about that. It's been hidden now

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #138 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 12:46:13 »
Just to clear up, " If you are not impressed by the options below, pick one you like the most and leave your the color you wanted below"

So this means i am able to choose the order based from the colors listed?

Ex. Titanium Grey, Light Purple, Starry Night Grey ?

Would it be compatible with other tkl pcb`s? could not see in the IC.

kb is looking fine!! :)

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #139 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 13:03:52 »
Just to clear up, " If you are not impressed by the options below, pick one you like the most and leave your the color you wanted below"

Yes but it is not 100%. If they aren't able to accommodate to your requests, your selected combo choice will be the default order.

Offline pon10

« Reply #140 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 13:15:47 »

Yes but it is not 100%. If they aren't able to accommodate to your requests, your selected combo choice will be the default order.

Thanks! Will it still possible to opt out if the color request is not possible?

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #141 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 13:38:05 »
Yes you can opt not to pay the invoice :(

Offline pon10

« Reply #142 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 16:10:49 »
cool, submitted ;D Any chance before the gb ends they will come more clean shots of the colors?

Offline gaiden

« Reply #143 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 17:26:26 »
cool, submitted ;D Any chance before the gb ends they will come more clean shots of the colors?
And info on PCB + software, please don't overlook this I think it's very important to know since we barely hear anything on the PCB side of things.

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #144 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 17:57:32 »
what is the weight of the board with brass options......

Offline rioc

« Reply #145 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 18:09:11 »
what is the weight of the board with brass options......

really waiting for this answer too... I hoping it can beat the skog which is 4kg

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #146 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 18:39:50 »
Seems like it may be simplest to simply offer a select number of solid colors? I wonder what EVE could handle in terms of mixing and matching -- the logistics make me worry. Interested to see what the response is based on the answers thus far.

EDIT: That said, super impressive design and it seems a very, very quick turnaround for the Chinese group buy. Been wanting an EVE board for a while after hearing such good things about the Tank and seeing the results of the Mira. Hoping very much that there's a board for me here.
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 May 2017, 19:36:37 by pr0ximity »

Offline pon10

« Reply #147 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 20:55:24 »
And info on PCB + software, please don't overlook this I think it's very important to know since we barely hear anything on the PCB side of things.

Yes not much out? :), Would the kb design allow third party pcb`s?
For colors it would just be nice with some palette so we can match better :thumb:

ex. ( tried to match from some photos but the light is very warm and looks filtered ) this is from a spot measurements tool.

Titanium grey, Violet Purple, Starry Night Grey ( Mockup!)
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 May 2017, 21:06:53 by pon10 »

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #148 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 23:26:48 »
I see you can order an extra PCB but I don't see an option to buy an extra switch plate. Am I misreading the order form?

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #149 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 01:27:28 »
Am I the only one who dislikes the bump on feet covering the screws at the bottom of the case?

I really don't think it's a good idea since you'd have to buy new bump on feet after changing the plate in the keyboard. (That's if you decide to buy a second plate/PCB to switch things around).

Not to mention, I think it would cause a bit of wobble as well. But we'll see I suppose. Looking forward to this beauty.