Author Topic: [GB] GMK Violet Tendencies - Extras at Dixiemech!  (Read 90178 times)

Offline earlilano

Re: [GB] GMK Violet Tendencies is live at dixiemech.com
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 16:24:42 »
Will a base kit be enough for the Massdrop CTRL and Kira Kickstarter keyboards? I'm new to mechanical keyboards so I want to make sure I buy the appropriate keycaps. Thank you.

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 16:38:51 »
Will a base kit be enough for the Massdrop CTRL and Kira Kickstarter keyboards? I'm new to mechanical keyboards so I want to make sure I buy the appropriate keycaps. Thank you.

You'll be able to fill out either of those boards with just a base kit. If you plan on using both boards a lot and really like the caps, you might want to grab two base kits so you don't have to transfer the caps back and forth.

Offline earlilano

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 17:10:39 »
Thank you.

Offline earlilano

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 21:03:02 »
I'm new to group buys on geekhack. If we don't get the 150 MOQ on dixie mech, it means we get refunded the money and the purchase does not go through. Is that correct?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 21:18:16 »
I'm new to group buys on geekhack. If we don't get the 150 MOQ on dixie mech, it means we get refunded the money and the purchase does not go through. Is that correct?

Correct.

Offline darthzero

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 03:09:20 »

Correct.

Except the MOQ is shared between dixi and all the proxys, if those combined are 150 (or close to in most cases as GMK is pretty generous as far as I can tell) it will be made.
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 07:52:38 »
Any update on order quantities so far?  The last one on dixi is from a few days ago... also not sure if that included proxies.

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 07:55:26 »
I was looking at these to further accent this kit: https://www.originativeco.com/products/accent-keys-one

Not sure if the purple is DY or not though

Offline lemur

• personal text
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 08:06:25 »
I was looking at these to further accent this kit: https://www.originativeco.com/products/accent-keys-one

On the base kit image on the first page, the legend tells you what color is used.. for 'Various Keys' (the accent keys) it says the base color is DY...

the originative keys appear to be using the same base color......  the legends would mismatch though!
keyboards

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 08:12:37 »

Correct.

Except the MOQ is shared between dixi and all the proxys, if those combined are 150 (or close to in most cases as GMK is pretty generous as far as I can tell) it will be made.

Oh yeah duh, didn't remember there were other proxies. :p

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 08:23:13 »

On the base kit image on the first page, the legend tells you what color is used.. for 'Various Keys' (the accent keys) it says the base color is DY...

the originative keys appear to be using the same base color......  the legends would mismatch though!

The black legends wouldn’t match the GR1 on DY accents, but they are the inverse colours of the purple on black modifiers in this kit... might work out ok.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 April 2018, 12:06:37 by phorx »

Offline darthzero

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 10:05:40 »
Maybe if someone was willing to we could run a separate gb with iso enter, wasd and arrows^^
Edit: actually if the involved parties would be ok with this i would take this in my hands, would ask gmk for quotes for different moqs (if possible something like 50/100/150) and post quick interest checks here and on reddit. From there on we could see how to proceed further.
I guess it would be easier if voxicle or dixi could offer this as they have an open channel to GMK anyways and also have proxys at the ready. But whatever happens I need a purple iso enter 😂
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 April 2018, 10:16:43 by darthzero »

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 10:09:03 »
That accent kit makes sense, I might actually prefer the black legend vs white with the way the whole set works

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 12:08:09 »
Maybe if someone was willing to we could run a separate gb with iso enter, wasd and arrows^^
Edit: actually if the involved parties would be ok with this i would take this in my hands, would ask gmk for quotes for different moqs (if possible something like 50/100/150) and post quick interest checks here and on reddit. From there on we could see how to proceed further.
I guess it would be easier if voxicle or dixi could offer this as they have an open channel to GMK anyways and also have proxys at the ready. But whatever happens I need a purple iso enter 😂

Do it!

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 13:03:47 »

If it gets me the removed accent-colored arrows, I'm in.

Offline byoliven

[GB] GMK Violet Tendencies is live at dixiemech.com
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 23:50:19 »
I guess it would be easier if voxicle or dixi could offer this as they have an open channel to GMK anyways and also have proxys at the ready. But whatever happens I need a purple iso enter

If it gets me the removed accent-colored arrows, I'm in.

I'm in if the removed R2 accent-colored Esc can be added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 April 2018, 00:11:35 by byoliven »

Offline jihadu

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 06:41:54 »
It's not an easy choice for Voxicles, I'm sure. But in my opinion, I think it's best that 40% Esc /Enter and the ISO enter are Accented. Just my .02$

Offline Voxicles

• Violet Tendencies shipping now!
    • Spookeys - Dye Sublimation
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 22:54:51 »
I guess it would be easier if voxicle or dixi could offer this as they have an open channel to GMK anyways and also have proxys at the ready. But whatever happens I need a purple iso enter

I'll see what I can do. Would only be like 8 keys to make everyone happy, not sure how much that'll cost, but we can probably give it a whirl and see if we can hit MOQ on a tiny accent kit.

Edit: So, for a small accent kit; R2 and R3 Esc, Arrows, ISO Enter

Edit again: Updated OP with a pretty picture of the box, and a desk render. We're half way to MOQ!
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 May 2018, 00:42:59 by Voxicles »

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 08:52:01 »

I'll see what I can do. Would only be like 8 keys to make everyone happy, not sure how much that'll cost, but we can probably give it a whirl and see if we can hit MOQ on a tiny accent kit.

Count me in

Offline darthzero

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 13:32:20 »

Edit again: Updated OP with a pretty picture of the box, and a desk render. We're half way to MOQ!

Thank you very much <3 
Not 100% sure about the colors but wouldn't this also fit hyperfuse as an accentkit? Would certainly benefit reaching MOQ i guess xD

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 14:01:31 »

Thank you very much <3 
Not 100% sure about the colors but wouldn't this also fit hyperfuse as an accentkit? Would certainly benefit reaching MOQ i guess xD
HF r3 would be purple with teal legends

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 16:01:04 »

Thank you very much <3 

Yes, but R1/2 use the same colors for the alphas. So these would be the correct colors for those as well.

Offline Voxicles

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 16:41:37 »

Thank you very much <3 

Yes, but R1/2 use the same colors for the alphas. So these would be the correct colors for those as well.

Here's the keys I'm thinking, to get it as cheap as possible.

I think this will heavily depend on whether GMK will let us run it at 50 MOQ. Thoughts?

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 16:51:25 »
Looks good!

Offline Voxicles

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 17:10:16 »
Looks good!

The R2 Esc wont be centered, just came out that way on the render app

Offline darthzero

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 19:28:46 »
Perfect as far as I am concerned.
Thanks for all the effort and I sincerely hope we don’t fail you.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 20:30:41 »
Looks good!

Pro tip, on KLE you can set the profile to "GMK" and it helps fix some of kle-render's..."quirks".

Offline Voxicles

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 22:23:03 »
Perfect as far as I am concerned.
Thanks for all the effort and I sincerely hope we don’t fail you.

We're already so close, there's no way it's not going to get made :)

Looks good!

Pro tip, on KLE you can set the profile to "GMK" and it helps fix some of kle-render's..."quirks".

Oooh, didn't know that, I always just used OEM in the profile row. Thanks!

Offline Dan_Boulet

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 00:11:43 »

That desk render looks fantastic, had to join after seeing that.  :thumb:

Offline Voxicles

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 17:36:41 »

That desk render looks fantastic, had to join after seeing that.  :thumb:

Happy to have you on board! :cool:

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 18:07:22 »
The addon kit looks immense and just what I was hoping for.

How do we buy into that?

Also, I only found out about the addon kit via GH. Is it going to be publicised on a wider scale?
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 May 2018, 18:09:04 by SolidCactus »

Offline Voxicles

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 08:28:24 »

How do we buy into that?

Also, I only found out about the addon kit via GH. Is it going to be publicised on a wider scale?

I'll post it up everywhere once we get quotes back and make it official :)

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 15:20:51 »

How do we buy into that?

I hadn't realized the new main kit didn't have the purple arrow keys hope this comes out affordable! It'd be an instant addition for me.
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline Voxicles

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 07:24:55 »

How do we buy into that?

I hadn't realized the new main kit didn't have the purple arrow keys hope this comes out affordable! It'd be an instant addition for me.

I'm hoping under $15. still waiting on word from GMK (they're probably tired of hearing from us by now lol)
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 May 2018, 08:20:50 by Voxicles »

Offline darthzero

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 12:23:51 »

How do we buy into that?

I'm hoping under $15. still waiting on word from GMK (they're probably tired of hearing from us by now lol)
Haha, i'd wish it was around that but i would guess more around 25-30$. 15 would be killer!

Offline Voxicles

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 16:48:53 »

How do we buy into that?

Haha, i'd wish it was around that but i would guess more around 25-30$. 15 would be killer!
How's $14 sound? Gotta sort out a couple things, then we'll add it to the store and make it official.  :cool:

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 16:53:38 »
$14!?! Nice

Offline peggisan

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 17:03:20 »

How do we buy into that?

How's $14 sound? Gotta sort out a couple things, then we'll add it to the store and make it official.  :cool:

Will they ship together if the base kit is in another order? Don't really want to pay for shipping twice.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 17:10:39 »
What’s in that kit? The $14 one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Voxicles

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 17:16:20 »

How do we buy into that?

Will they ship together if the base kit is in another order? Don't really want to pay for shipping twice.

Yes, they will ship together, no extra shipping cost :)

It's a small accent kit, an R2 and R3 Esc, arrow keys and iso enter

Offline Poesjuh

[GB] GMK Violet Tendencies is live at dixiemech.com
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 17:17:14 »

How do we buy into that?

I'll post it up everywhere once we get quotes back and make it official

Yes, they will ship together, no extra shipping cost

It's a small accent kit, an R2 and R3 Esc, arrow keys and iso enter

K, $14 for arrows, sounds doable I can throw the iso stuff in the trash 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Draic

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 03:02:40 »

How do we buy into that?

It will also be available via proxy right?

Offline Voxicles

« Reply #92 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 03:34:53 »
It will also be available via proxy right?

Of course! Waiting on a litty bitty render, then I'll let everyone know. Unfortunately the lowest MOQ we could get was 100 :( So we'll see how this goes. 15 days left!

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 03:52:59 »
Let's all make it happen then :D

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #94 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 22:16:50 »
Do Dixie Mech's current order numbers include EU and Asia proxy orders?

Offline Voxicles

« Reply #95 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 22:52:47 »

Yes, but doesn't include extras we're buying and the other proxies might buy.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #96 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 23:13:23 »

[/quote]

Does Dixie Mech's order numbers also include kits sold on the mechkeys.ca website?

Offline Voxicles

« Reply #97 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 03:21:22 »

Does Dixie Mech's order numbers also include kits sold on the mechkeys.ca website?
[/quote]

You're thinking of GMK Phantom :)

Offline GarrettSucks

• All project timelines at at timelines.omnitype.com
    • Omnitype
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 13:29:09 »
Accent kit is now available on Dixie Mech! It will be on the other proxies soon! If you have already placed an order, there will be a box for you to enter your original order number that you would like it to be sent with. Double shipping will be refunded. Check out the Reddit post to get more information.

https://reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/8hh5hq/vendor_gmk_violet_tendencies_update_new_accent_kit/

Offline Aktavate

Re: [GB] GMK Violet Tendencies is live! - May 6th accent kit added
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 13:19:47 »
Picked up all the kits and a sleeve, where the homies at?! Only a few days left.