Author Topic: [IC] Hex68 - Tonyton Studio  (Read 6734 times)

Offline TONYTON

[IC] Hex68 - Tonyton Studio
« on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 05:11:49 »
Hex68
Hello everyone, I'm Tony.
I'm the founder of Tonyton, a solo studio based in Asia. I'm thrilled to share with all of you today the keyboard I personally designed this year, the Hex68.
This is the interest check for Hex68
IC FORM
[/size]

Exploded Views

DETAIL

Layout: 68 keys
Mount: Top/Gasket Dual mount
Type Angle: 7 degrees
Weight: 2.2 kg
Front Height: ~21 mm
Case Material: 6063 Aluminum
OEM: G-square

PCB

The PCB will be offered in both soldered and hot-swappable versions for you to choose from when making a purchase.

PLATE

There will also be multiple versions of the plate available for selection.  Basic, Flex-cut and Half-plate.
However, the default configuration is planned to be PC Plate.

Additionally, in the future, I will release the relevant plate files as open source.

MOUNT

Hex68 features a dual mount design, allowing users to choose between TOP and GASKET mount options based on their PreferenceMainly achieved through silicone dampeners for clamping and vibration reduction.
Mainly achieved through silicone dampeners for clamping and vibration reduction

Top Mount

Gasket Mount

RENDERED
You can view more images from HEX68-Basic Render

Color

At present, the color is not yet finalized. There will be two basic options: anodized and electrophoretic coatings.
You can view more images from HEX68-Colorway

Black(anodized)

White(electrophoretic)

Blue(anodized)

Actual finished product

Please note that this version of the sample is not the final version. We are currently addressing all existing issues to ensure the final version is free of any problems

The photos were taken with my iPhone 14 for reference only.
Due to a shortage of gold anodized frames during the initial sampling, some of the finished products are presented in alternative colors.
You can view more images from Actual finished product

Prices: Under 300$(Undecided, shipping fee not included)
Units Available: maybe 150~200(Global)
Current Status:
I'm Tony. First, I'd like to thank you for reading through this article, and I'd also like to express gratitude to G-Square for their assistance in the sample production.
Currently, our studio doesn't have an independent website and primarily conducts sales through online auction platforms. For the Hex68 project, we have plans to seek out relevant distributors for future sales.

At present, Hex68 is in the process of planning and confirming the final packaging as well as addressing model-related issues. Global suppliers have not been confirmed yet.
Interested suppliers are welcome to get in touch for inquiries. Additionally, we are also looking to find high-quality promoters to assist with promotion.

For those who are interested, please contact us via email at tonyton.studio@gmail.com

I hope to see you all in the next Group Buy.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 August 2023, 01:54:35 by TONYTON »

Offline masje

• Your neighborhood keyboard designer.
    • masjewerke
Re: [IC]Hex68 - Tonyton Studio
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 24 August 2023, 01:19:11 »
Cool design with the hexagon, GLWIC!

Offline takuto

Re: [IC] Hex68 - Tonyton Studio
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 24 August 2023, 11:16:44 »
Split spacebar is always great to see, but split BS and split right-shift would be appreciated.

Offline TONYTON

Re: [IC]Hex68 - Tonyton Studio
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 25 August 2023, 22:52:08 »
Cool design with the hexagon, GLWIC!

Thanks ;D

Offline TONYTON

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 25 August 2023, 22:53:50 »
Split spacebar is always great to see, but split BS and split right-shift would be appreciated.

During the feedback collection for this design, we have received quite a few relevant suggestions. In the future, there's a possibility that these suggestions will be taken into consideration during the design process!

;D

Offline DataBait

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 12 September 2023, 19:05:45 »
Love the look of this. Definitely keeping an eye on it!

Offline Shorle

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 12 October 2023, 16:46:55 »
Pretty great design and I love the layout.

I am unsure about the hex-bar though: your renders make them look yellow, your proto looks like its PVD-coated and there is no descripton about it, even though its the major accent piece of this design.
Have you considered making tthe hex-bar and maybe even the mid-piece in brass? That'd be dope!

Also, please consider ditching the "screwless" design. It's lazy from a design perspective and is atrocious to have when trying to actually build and tinker with the keyboard.

Split spacebare is excellent but if possible add ISO support for us EU folk and those UK island dwellers.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 12 October 2023, 18:27:45 »
The design is pretty lit IMO, if this had split backspace & split R shift compatibility I'd be down for one in a heartbeat. Without though it is a pass from me, I can deal with regular BS & R shift on TKLs & above but below TKL split BS & R shift are a necessity for me.