Author Topic: Hello everyone! Beginner questions as well :)  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Marandoe

Hello everyone! Beginner questions as well :)
« on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 09:42:03 »
Hello everyone! I am excited to get into this hobby, and have already ordered a starter lubing set and Durock stabs from Kebo to mod my current prebuilt and get a feel for it. However, I have a few questions.
  • I want learn how to solder a keyboard after I mod my current one. Also, I have always loved the idea of macropads. I was thinking of pre-ordering the Discipad from keyz.io (https://keyz.io/collections/all-products/products/pre-order-discipad-hi-pro-full-diy-kit) as a starter project. Does anyone know if this is a good product? 
  • With how long it takes to receive products at times I did not want to just pick up the hobby of putting keyboards together but also to create PCB designs. Are there sections in Geekhack or other resources that I could be pointed to where I can learn more about designing PCBs for Keyboards?
  • To add to the question above; I also want to look into designing cases/keycaps using a 3D printer, so any resources to help learn about 3D design would be wonderful as well!

Thank you all and I can't wait to get started!

Marandoe