Author Topic: [IC]Equilibrium  (Read 7976 times)

Offline SCRIBBLEB

[IC]Equilibrium
« on: Fri, 31 March 2023, 04:32:58 »

Hello everyone, we are SCRIBBLEB (an abbreviation for SCRIBBLE LEB). I am Da Suan (which means garlic in Chinese). After more than three months of design iteration, let me introduce our first keyboard to you.

EQUILIBRIUM

About design
EQUILIBRIUM represents a balance in both design and meaning, just like what Rumi said:
"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go."
Life requires a continual balance of persistence and letting go, as there are many different situations and challenges that we must adapt to and overcome. It is important to strive for balance in all aspects of life, including work and personal life, family and career, learning and leisure, and navigating setbacks and opportunities
So, after balancing our various usage habits and aesthetics, we designed two layouts:

1.4+64+4

2.4+wk+4

(2u backspace can replace with 2 1u)

Why choose this layout?The 75% is not good? Why not 5 left and right?
I'm used to the 64%. I prefer longer rather than thicker options. But the work and game will be missing those few keys, so in this layout are added to the left and right of each 4 keys layout, so as to balance the small layout, but also have some more custom function keys.
My arrangement is the 4 game shortcut keys on the left, and the right side is the function shortcut key.

Front

Back

Left and right RGB lights, representing both design and conceptual balance
On the basis of the balanced design, we will also echo the design of three places

The inner inclined depression at the RGB

The inner oblique cut of the weight and the badge

The inner oblique cut of the USB interface surface

Structure

Mounting:gasket

Choose the mainstream and low fault tolerance rate that showcase the inner concept of the bucket level, and the variability of silicone particles, which can choose a different feel in the better sound effect.

Plan one

Plan two

Silicone

But equilibrium has only a single mode—USB-C. Because of the balance in design, the smallest battery cannot be stuffed inside. Support QMK
and VIA

Colors and accessories

Top case

From left to right:Black、Gun Gray、Silver、blue、green(All anodized)

Bottom case

From left to right:Black、Gun Gray、Silver、Red、Blue、Green(All anodized)

Weight

From left to right:Frosted Rainbow PVD、Mirror Black、Mirror Sliver(All Stainless Steel)

Badge

From top to bottom:Frosted Gold(Stainless Steel)、Frosted Transparent(PC)、Mirror Sliver and Black(Stainless Steel)

More info

Marterials:Aluminum
Type angle:6°
Friont Height:18mm
Plate:1.PC transparent(Frosted)
2.POM white(Frosted)
3.POM black(Frosted)
PCB info:1.2mm   1.6mm
Layout:4+60+4    4+64+4

More render

The whole kit includes

Alu top case
Alu bottom case
Weight
Badge
Plate
Hotswap PCB
Poron botton cotton
Poron sandwich cotton
Ixpe pad
Silicone foot-stickers
Light-blocking foam
Light Guide Silicone Gel

If you interest in our keyboard Pls join our discord:
https://discord.gg/uPqMHy4TpB
give us some suggestions and feedback,and stay updated on our latest developments.Additionally, we're looking for reliable vendors. If you're interested, please contact us via Discord

Our IC Formhttps://forms.gle/giQXKeKa36xX2xqh6
Thank you for viewing and filling out

Tanks for viewing!
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 April 2023, 02:55:42 by SCRIBBLEB »

Offline Fitz233

Re: [IC]Equilibrium
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 02 April 2023, 19:53:34 »
nice ;D

Offline Nevrest

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 04 April 2023, 09:46:54 »
This is weird, I dig it!

Offline SCRIBBLEB

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 04 April 2023, 21:29:22 »

Offline SCRIBBLEB

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 04 April 2023, 21:30:05 »
This is weird, I dig it!
Thank  you!

Offline LASERman Projects

• Soldering is my native language.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 05 April 2023, 04:04:19 »
The trouble with this layout is shown with non-existent keys on the left column.

Offline SCRIBBLEB

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 06 April 2023, 06:39:27 »
The trouble with this layout is shown with non-existent keys on the left column.
Do you mean the 4 keys on the left?

Offline KiserDesigns

• Kiser Designs Store
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 06 April 2023, 08:44:55 »
I really dig the balance that this board strikes. The upward-firing RGBs might be a bit bright, good to see the diffusers in the exploded model.
Why have RGB on the bottom of the case? Except for displaying on a stand, that light will never be seen when on a desk.
For a truly balanced aesthetic, would you consider adding a Tsangan bottom row?

Offline SCRIBBLEB

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 06 April 2023, 23:11:48 »
I really dig the balance that this board strikes. The upward-firing RGBs might be a bit bright, good to see the diffusers in the exploded model.
Why have RGB on the bottom of the case? Except for displaying on a stand, that light will never be seen when on a desk.
For a truly balanced aesthetic, would you consider adding a Tsangan bottom row?
Thank you!The back rgb is to match the frosted transparent PC badge.And we already have Tsangan is 4+wk+4.

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 03:10:23 »
lmfao

Offline happy child

• always a child
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 07:26:34 »
wow, so beautiful design

Offline FitLabb

• FitLabb
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 08:39:50 »
Really love the design of this board and will be watching this project.  Wish you all the best on this!
Founder of FitLabb.com - an online fitness & nutrition platform
YouTube - FitLabb

Offline KiserDesigns

• Kiser Designs Store
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 11:41:54 »
Thank you!The back rgb is to match the frosted transparent PC badge.And we already have Tsangan is 4+wk+4.

Oh, the 4+60+4 means wkl Tsangan, gotchya!

Would you consider adding a stiffer plate option, like FR4 or Alu?

Offline SCRIBBLEB

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 08 April 2023, 03:34:15 »
wow, so beautiful design
Thank you!!

Offline SCRIBBLEB

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 08 April 2023, 03:34:39 »
Really love the design of this board and will be watching this project.  Wish you all the best on this!
Thank  you!!

Offline SCRIBBLEB

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 08 April 2023, 03:36:22 »

Oh, the 4+60+4 means wkl Tsangan, gotchya!

Would you consider adding a stiffer plate option, like FR4 or Alu?
We believe that the stiffness of the pom is appropriate and may increase the alu.

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 08 April 2023, 04:25:19 »
Isn't that obvious? Never saw those keys in those rows on any keyset.

Offline Akele

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 08 April 2023, 08:47:54 »

The base kits of GMK Polybius and PBTFans Dark Lights come with novelies that could be used in the left column. Lots of sets, such as GMK Metropolis, also offer daughter kits with keys that could be used in the left column. Unless I'm missing something, I don't really see an issue here.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110511.0
https://kbdfans.com/products/pbtfans-retro-dark-lights?variant=41247279054987
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112071.0

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 08 April 2023, 11:45:28 »

My GMK Oblivion and Dualshot came with macro column kits. You didn't look hard enough, obviously. Or you know, use a uniform profile like DSA, or even the upcoming Dessau profile in your signature. Just saying.

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 09:55:37 »
My GMK Oblivion and Dualshot came with macro column kits. You didn't look hard enough, obviously. Or you know, use a uniform profile like DSA, or even the upcoming Dessau profile in your signature. Just saying.
You haven't paid enough attention, obviously. I was referring to specific keys: Insert, Scrol Lock and Pause pictured on renders.
Just saying.

Offline SCRIBBLEB

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 14 April 2023, 08:26:20 »

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 14 April 2023, 17:37:05 »
You haven't paid enough attention, obviously. I was referring to specific keys: Insert, Scrol Lock and Pause pictured on renders.
Just saying.
how is it relevant? who cares what legends are shown on a layout render, it's there to merely visualize how the keys sizing is arranged. layout can be remapped in case you didn't know, i.e. that specific key obviously isn't tied to insert

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 19 April 2023, 08:09:57 »
how is it relevant? who cares what legends are shown on a layout render, it's there to merely visualize how the keys sizing is arranged.
I have loosely expressed my opinion about this layout that happens to be pictured with weird keys positions giving me the impression thet the author (like me) might have no practical use for those keys.
It is of course only my opinion expressed with bit of humour between the lines and not a statement about what is right or wrong. I thought that was obvious.
...layout can be remapped in case you didn't know, i.e. that specific key obviously isn't tied to insert
LOL, so... you can remap the layout (means: change default key positions right?) but Insert is obviously not placed there (away from it's usual place)...
Obviously your logic is not obvious.