Author Topic: Help with PBT color codes  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Stumble

Help with PBT color codes
« on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 17:46:41 »
Hi,

I was wondering what PBT plastic shades are closest to the colour scheme of the space cadet keyboard I am using https://pimpmykeyboard.com/colors/ and I am slightly color blind.

Thanks in advance,
Stumble

Offline zslane

Re: Help with PBT color codes
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 12:33:34 »
My Signature Plastics color chip set is a bit out of date, but the closest I can find are BCT (for the blue) and GQT (for the gray). However, IMO GQT is a little too dark, but I don't see a better option in my set of color chips.

Ultimately your best bet is to ask this question in the Signature Plastics vendor forum here. Melissa can surely answer your question ("What are the closest PBT colors to ABS BFP and GD?").

Offline zslane

Re: Help with PBT color codes
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 16:43:55 »
I did a quick render showing how close these color codes are, at least as best I could based on the RGB values I have on hand for them.

266463-0

If you look closely, you can see that the PBT blue is a little lighter than the ABS blue, and the PBT gray is a little darker than the ABS gray. Now, maybe Signature Plastics has some new PBT colors that I don't know about that are even closer, but if they don't, then you'd probably have to go with the colors shown.

Bear in mind that in order for "Space Cadet", as a colorway, to look right you need white or off-white legends, which Signature Plastics can't do (via double-shot legends) with PBT yet, at least not that I'm aware of.