Author Topic: [GB] E6-V2 Custom 60% Keyboard - INVOICED  (Read 206654 times)

Offline kuang2

Re: [GB] E6-V2 Custom 60% Keyboard - TAKING ORDERS
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 23:28:54 »

really enjoy a SP keycap sets with PBT dyesub in SA profile and biege color, how about you?

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 00:18:34 »
Which style is everyone getting? I keep going back and forth between the center and side ports. (I don't care about standard pcb compatibility) I just can't decide which I think would look better.

I also keep going back and forth on the layout. I've been leaning towards HHKB, though I've never tried it. I just built my zeal60 with split right shift and I know I can adjust to that. I think I could get used to the rest of the changes and I know I never use the menu or right ctrl, so that's no big deal. My real concern is just how hard it will be to switch back and forth. Can those of you using hhkb still use ansi easily?

That said, I'm still thinking HHKB, because if nothing else I'm buying a white case with black accents for looks and hhkb will look better. Out of curiosity, could we purchase both tops/plates? (probably too expensive to be sensible, but you never know).

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 01:56:46 »
Which style is everyone getting? I keep going back and forth between the center and side ports. (I don't care about standard pcb compatibility) I just can't decide which I think would look better.

I also keep going back and forth on the layout. I've been leaning towards HHKB, though I've never tried it. I just built my zeal60 with split right shift and I know I can adjust to that. I think I could get used to the rest of the changes and I know I never use the menu or right ctrl, so that's no big deal. My real concern is just how hard it will be to switch back and forth. Can those of you using hhkb still use ansi easily?

That said, I'm still thinking HHKB, because if nothing else I'm buying a white case with black accents for looks and hhkb will look better. Out of curiosity, could we purchase both tops/plates? (probably too expensive to be sensible, but you never know).
In for centered USB, standard top, black bottom, silver middle, black top, red plate and name thing. I have personally had multiple mx boards in hhkb layout and always find that I would rather just use the HHKB, so going for standard this time.

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 02:46:00 »

Chose the best option which u can get used to it  :thumb:

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 03:18:46 »

White apple anode and brass everything else with SS plate and hhkb top. I love the hhkb layout and I use multiple boards a week without it, my absolute favorite layout. Also centered usb because it was the original design and the case is more optimized space wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ak_xf1re

• Daydreamer
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 05:47:49 »

I went for the center USB for this order to match my upcoming E8-V1. I think center port look nicer aswell and I'm glad that the PCB will be available on an eshop for purchase later. (I also want to buy more name plates in the future so I hope the shop will have them as well ;))

Went for the HHKB layout and I've not had problems with it along with ansi.

My E6-V2 consists of these config:White anodized top + bottom in HHKB style, Brass middle and Brass counterweight... It's gonna be THICC!  :cool:
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 August 2017, 05:50:48 by ak_xf1re »

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 06:18:48 »
When will the order confirmation sheet be up? I wanna know if the thing with the slot transfer worked or not  :thumb:

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
[GB] E6-V2 Custom 60% Keyboard - TAKING ORDERS
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 06:34:56 »
This is a gorgeous keyboard... I'm lusting. I'm drooling. I'm a little concerned.

I am in the E8-V1 buy and could not be more excited about getting that board. These guys have been really innovative and I love the finishes they have offered as well as the chance to personalize the board with lots of color combinations and custom engraving.

However...

1) we have not seen those E8s in the wild yet.... would have been really nice to have one data point on a successful board delivery before deciding to jump in round two or not. Such is life, I suppose… I can get over that and the production pictures look awesome. I personally do 100% believe in the E-Team to deliver high-quality boards.

2) communication has not been stellar. Through the (expected, obviously) delays, we've been a bit left for want of information. The assembly invoices were more than a bit confusing… I got one when not asking for assembly and it seems that some folks are still wondering about assembly details as boards are scheduled to start shipping in the next couple of weeks. There are a couple posts of frustration in that thread regarding open questions/unanswered messages while this thread was being posted.

You should know that I am a pathological optimist and it is usually my challenge to temper that. I very much love this design and the board and as I said, I'm lusting. I suppose I just want some assurance from jhoang, etc that the buy will be run with just a bit more attention than the E8.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 August 2017, 06:59:27 by smittysteve »

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 16:05:41 »
This is a gorgeous keyboard... I'm lusting. I'm drooling. I'm a little concerned.

I am in the E8-V1 buy and could not be more excited about getting that board. These guys have been really innovative and I love the finishes they have offered as well as the chance to personalize the board with lots of color combinations and custom engraving.

However...

1) we have not seen those E8s in the wild yet.... would have been really nice to have one data point on a successful board delivery before deciding to jump in round two or not. Such is life, I suppose… I can get over that and the production pictures look awesome. I personally do 100% believe in the E-Team to deliver high-quality boards.

2) communication has not been stellar. Through the (expected, obviously) delays, we've been a bit left for want of information. The assembly invoices were more than a bit confusing… I got one when not asking for assembly and it seems that some folks are still wondering about assembly details as boards are scheduled to start shipping in the next couple of weeks. There are a couple posts of frustration in that thread regarding open questions/unanswered messages while this thread was being posted.

You should know that I am a pathological optimist and it is usually my challenge to temper that. I very much love this design and the board and as I said, I'm lusting. I suppose I just want some assurance from jhoang, etc that the buy will be run with just a bit more attention than the E8.
I 100% agree. I would also feel much more comfortable if the invoice due date was after people recieve their E8's, to confirm quality expectations.

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 16:59:24 »
I submitted a form last night but haven't gotten my invoice yet. Is this atypical? Not trying to miss out on this GB.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 17:06:17 »
I submitted a form last night but haven't gotten my invoice yet. Is this atypical? Not trying to miss out on this GB.

Yes, usually invoices start going out after orders close.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 17:06:53 »
Invoices go out after the buy closes :)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 17:08:20 »
ignore me
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 August 2017, 17:13:12 by Puddsy »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 17:17:12 »
ignore me
hehe

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 17:19:24 »
ignore me
hehe

this is like the 3rd time this has happened

i just wanna be helpful pls
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline skidude9678

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 17:20:54 »
I can't wait to see the spreadsheet to ensure I didn't misclick anything when I filled out the form

Offline megaforce

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 17:31:41 »
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 17:39:26 »
Invoices go out after the buy closes :)

Cheers :)

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 18:50:43 »
ignore me
hehe

what is up dude

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 19:43:53 »
ignore me
hehe

what is up dude

nothing is up just keep runnin your gb my dude

very good keyboard i might order one

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 21:30:36 »
ignore me
hehe

what is up dude

nothing is up just keep runnin your gb my dude

very good keyboard i might order one
:thumb:         
thanks for u all the suggrstions.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 August 2017, 21:46:44 by excluisve »

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 21:41:53 »

However...

Very sorry to heard what u said/

Offline lundmore

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 22:42:07 »
Are there any pictures of the standard and center USB layout back to back? The height difference has got me thinking I might go for the center option.

Also, what is the E-Team website?

Offline dqu22

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 23:36:04 »
Will be getting a spreadsheet with all the orders before the buy closes? Just want to make sure my changes were read, thanks!

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 00:13:12 »
Will be getting a spreadsheet with all the orders before the buy closes? Just want to make sure my changes were read, thanks!
Yes,b4 sent invoice it will have a table to check out .

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 00:14:11 »
Are there any pictures of the standard and center USB layout back to back? The height difference has got me thinking I might go for the center option.

Is only have center USB for prototype

Offline Quakemz

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 02:02:09 »
Welp, I did it. Count me in for the premium board and the wallet suffering.  :thumb:

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 02:05:16 »

Doubt there would be any side to side, as the standard hasn't even been made yet AFAIK. It's just something people wanted, but not enough time has passed for them to actually get their hands on a  prototype yet
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 03:22:38 »
Welp, I did it. Count me in for the premium board and the wallet suffering.  :thumb:
Well,just let the  wallet suffering   :)) :))
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 August 2017, 03:32:40 by excluisve »

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 03:58:12 »
Hey E, I never asked... Did I make founders?  I was kinda late to the game.

Offline Quakemz

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 04:03:38 »
Well,just let the  wallet suffering   :)) :))

Thanks for the group buy, guys! Lots of detailed information and options. Can't wait to get mine. :)

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 04:19:13 »
It would be great if you could post the list of orders so everyone can check if their order is correct before invoices go out.

Also, did the Founders transfer I asked for in the form, which was confirmed by the person who it should have been transfered from, work out?
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 August 2017, 05:14:59 by kawasaki161 »

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 04:32:33 »
It would be great if you could post the list of orders so everyone can check if their order is correct before invoices go out.

Also, did the Founders transfer I asked for in the form, which was confirmed by the person who it should have been tramsfered from, work out?
It will , after close orders no worries.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 06:48:11 »

Also, did the Founders transfer I asked for in the form, which was confirmed by the person who it should have been tramsfered from, work out?
It will , after close orders no worries.

:thumb:

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 10:55:36 »

However...

Very sorry to heard what u said/

Thanks for the message and I'm all good. Was cranky yesterday, but my pathologically optimistic self is back in action today.

I'm in for this- going to be a gorgeous board!! Thanks E-Team for making it available.

Did we ever figure out if brass plates might be an option?

Offline p.rototy.pe

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 14:24:57 »
I just filled out the form, and I hope I filled out what I actually want. :X

Offline mike873

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 20:14:46 »
Is this case compatible with other 60% plates?

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 20:29:38 »
Can someone confirm that this image is the white anodization? And NOT the white Microarc
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 August 2017, 20:39:51 by BAS1C »

Offline ocnis

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 20:36:59 »
Can someone confirm that this image is the white anodization?
Show Image

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 20:40:21 »
Show Image

Show Image

oh **** duh.. I saw that today and missed it this evening.. Dope. Thanks :) I think I will go with that option over the MOA.

Offline ocnis

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 20:48:33 »
Show Image

Show Image

oh **** duh.. I saw that today and missed it this evening.. Dope. Thanks :) I think I will go with that option over the MOA.

No problem. I'm still debating whether or not I should stick to silver or change my order to white.

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 21:01:42 »
Show Image

Show Image

No problem. I'm still debating whether or not I should stick to silver or change my order to white.

Same here--The apple silver just looks so goooood

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 22:11:26 »
Show Image

Show Image

Same here--The apple silver just looks so goooood

Yea... Am either doing MOA white with the apple white mid, or going apple white, with a brass or purple mid..

Offline kuang2

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 22:41:32 »
Hi everyone. I will give some small information base as a member of E-Team.

1- What different between two versions of E6-V2: one is the original design, and the other is Poker-compatible. The original design just optimize the Poker version, so it will be little smaller (but will look more sexy, believe me!!). We try to make it look classic, but with some RGB LED under. If you are using your old PCB, RGB may not work functionlly. Both version have same high and angle. Here is my quick render

Both version will be made in same factory, so quality is the same. We will sell PCB (for backup) on our website (under contruction now), after GB end. Part of E8-V1 will be there too.

2: Why is E6-V2? We already designed E6-V1 with same design as E8-V1, but as schedule, we want to make E6-V2 first, due to her sexy body :D

3: How about E8-V1: all plate was fix by CNC factory, but we have to queue at anode factory. It only take about 30mins - 1 hour for anode, but 1-2 weeks for queue. Very sorry about that. We already finish checking the case, PCB, weight, nametag by ourself to make everything perfect. Now only waiting for the plate. All assem order will be more delayed.

4: Color of E6-V2: not so much color for E6-V2, but with 4 parts, you can mix to your demand. It's fun, and you can change your order as much as possible beforce GB end.

We are very sorry about keep communicate with you. We are trying to do it better, day by day.

Thank you so much.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 23:42:15 »

1- What different between two versions of E6-V2: one is the original design, and the other is Poker-compatible. The original design just optimize the Poker version, so it will be little smaller (but will look more sexy, believe me!!). We try to make it look classic, but with some RGB LED under. If you are using your old PCB, RGB may not work functionlly. Both version have same high and angle. Here is my quick render

Show Image

Show Image

Both version will be made in same factory, so quality is the same. We will sell PCB (for backup) on our website (under contruction now), after GB end. Part of E8-V1 will be there too.

2: Why is E6-V2? We already designed E6-V1 with same design as E8-V1, but as schedule, we want to make E6-V2 first, due to her sexy body :D

3: How about E8-V1: all plate was fix by CNC factory, but we have to queue at anode factory. It only take about 30mins - 1 hour for anode, but 1-2 weeks for queue. Very sorry about that. We already finish checking the case, PCB, weight, nametag by ourself to make everything perfect. Now only waiting for the plate. All assem order will be more delayed.

4: Color of E6-V2: not so much color for E6-V2, but with 4 parts, you can mix to your demand. It's fun, and you can change your order as much as possible beforce GB end.

We are very sorry about keep communicate with you. We are trying to do it better, day by day.

Thank you so much.

Thank you for update! This sounds good.

One question...

Is the brass going to be polished and shiny?

EDIT: I see you answered already above. Polished and maybe nano-coating. Excellent!
I am just submitting a change to my original order :)

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 04:53:27 »

Show Image

Yep,the brass going to be polished and shiny.

Show Image

Thank you so much.

Thank you for update! This sounds good.

One question...

Is the brass going to be polished and shiny?

EDIT: I see you answered already above. Polished and maybe nano-coating. Excellent!
I am just submitting a change to my original order :)

Offline Quakemz

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 05:43:25 »
Do we have a time frame of when we will be invoiced?  :cool:

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 07:13:10 »
It's fun, and you can change your order as much as possible beforce GB end.

I agree. It would be awesome if the excel order sheet went up before the GB ended so that I could check that I got everything right.

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 08:54:41 »
Any pics or closeups of the white Microarc Oxidation? i missed where and what the "counter weight" is? 

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 08:59:25 »
i missed where and what the "counter weight" is?

See that thicc slab of brass? That's the (counter-)weight