Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4156742 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #25550 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 15:00:15 »
I failed my physics exam  :( I always change my answers near the end when I had them correct the first time!!!!!!!

Right hand rule dawg.. right hand rule..

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #25551 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 15:41:23 »

I once ordered 2x8GB of ECC RAM and the seller sent me a full tray of 8GB modules (around 64GB if I recall).  :))

Gift Tp4  m0ar rams. !!

Do you even have a computer that can use fully buffered ECC tp4?
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25553 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 16:51:03 »

I once ordered 2x8GB of ECC RAM and the seller sent me a full tray of 8GB modules (around 64GB if I recall).  :))

Gift Tp4  m0ar rams. !!

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63471.msg1486772#msg1486772

dang

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #25554 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 22:15:41 »

Gift Tp4  m0ar rams. !!

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63471.msg1486772#msg1486772

dang

that ****'s old now

think it's time for tp to upgrade to some modern server hardware

anything older than sandy bridge should be retired
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 September 2018, 22:18:18 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25555 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 07:06:13 »

that ****'s old now

think it's time for tp to upgrade to some modern server hardware

anything older than sandy bridge should be retired

mm.. Yea... it's old, but to get that much ram and cpu power in a mission critical platform.. it's still better to rock the old rig..

What normal people think of as a Server is really just a consumer PC,   proliant is a REAL server, guaranteed not to explode..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25556 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 12:35:32 »
Hope you gots that Redhat subscription to go along with those old ass beefy servers :cool:

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25557 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 11:13:46 »
I've been crippled for two weeks and two days, feels like a lifetime.  Just realised it's another two weeks and four days until my next appointment which is to see if it's going to fix itself or not and I'm still signed off work for two weeks after that - at best I'm only 1/3 through!  Not sure I can stay sane that long :-\
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25558 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 11:19:26 »
I've been crippled for two weeks and two days, feels like a lifetime.  Just realised it's another two weeks and four days until my next appointment which is to see if it's going to fix itself or not and I'm still signed off work for two weeks after that - at best I'm only 1/3 through!  Not sure I can stay sane that long :-\

They have these -companion services nowadays, you can even pay via paypal to discreet shell companies..

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25559 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 11:32:44 »
Do they do free trials?  It would literally be companionship as I'm physically broken so can't even hug my little niece in addition to being increasingly broke financially due to being unable to work.  Four days after my first payday in a remotely dangerous job I guess I should have sorted medical insurance but I didn't think it was a priority.  I was wrong...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25560 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 13:33:24 »
Do they do free trials? 

Being increasingly broke financially due to being unable to work. 

Four days after my first payday in a remotely dangerous job I guess I should have sorted medical insurance but I didn't think it was a priority.  I was wrong...

These are -Special- Companions,  no free trial,  they might give you a free visual skype as an intro.

/wink

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #25561 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 17:08:48 »
orthotics make my shoes too tight, I can't put insoles in any of my running shoes >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25562 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 17:12:32 »
orthotics make my shoes too tight, I can't put insoles in any of my running shoes >:D

Lose some weight fat-boy.. !!

Try xercise bike dawg,  it's easier,  and if you watch an episode of One Punch Man,  you don't even notice the time passing.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25563 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 17:37:17 »

Getting slightly bigger shoes might be an option you could investigate.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25564 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 20:16:03 »
I have to take out the insoles of most of my shoes. Can confirm, the wide foot struggle blows.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #25565 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 20:54:38 »
Yeah wide and flat feet. Great for balance, bad for anything else.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25566 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 21:46:48 »
Yeah wide and flat feet. Great for balance, bad for anything else.

Tell me about it.

Fantastic if you like ingrown toenails too.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rumlyne

• ortho, ergo, ertho?!
« Reply #25567 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 01:33:13 »
Depending on your age you could try "training" your feet (sounds so weird). I have one flat(-ish) foot and it helped a lot in improving blance, stability and posture.

On another note I don't get why many people with plancks (and the like) who enjoy the luxury of thumb keys STILL choose to put the shift keys on the side. I always hated that. It's so uncomfortable holding something down with your pinkie strethed out sideways! Or am I doing sth. wrong / missing sth? Is it just so uncomfortable because I have relatively small hands? Been thinking about that for months now...

Insert Signature without plastics

Offline iri

« Reply #25568 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 02:46:07 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25569 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 05:42:06 »
I might get away with it ... good one on the left, broken on the right.

(Attachment Link)

And it kinds clips over the bump at the bottom of the cylinder.

(Attachment Link)

Worst case scenario, I'll just fall back to the spare keyboard I have.  I had another of these terminals, but it had a terminal malfunction and was disposed of some years ago.  Fortunately I kept the keyboard ;D

204798-0

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #25570 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 06:10:31 »
Oh, wide feet in a size bigger shoes: it might fit in width but the heel slips around and the tip of the shoe is too far ahead of your toe. It feels like walking in clown shoes. It is easier to snag on the extra tip ahead of the toe, especially when walking and running in the woods, or even on a cobbled street.

« Last Edit: Tue, 02 October 2018, 09:36:41 by Findecanor »

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #25571 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 15:12:37 »
The perfect color match Heavy-6 for my FC660C being $900... :(
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #25572 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 17:54:14 »

In a way, I feel fortunate that I can't find an FC660C to purchase (unless I want Korean symbols on it), I was eyeballing the Aperture finish.  While not $900, that finish would still bust my bollocks.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #25573 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 19:00:06 »

Yeah, some of the prices people come up for with these groupbuys are off the wall retarded.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25574 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 21:42:41 »
Oh, wide feet in a size bigger shoes: it might fit in width but the heel slips around and the tip of the shoe is too far ahead of your toe. It feels like walking in clown shoes. It is easier to snag on the extra tip ahead of the toe, especially when walking and running in the woods, or even on a cobbled street.

Been there, done that.

Wear thicker socks.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #25575 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 21:48:15 »
I'm on call this week for work, and just got three calls in the past two hours...
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #25576 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 22:05:46 »
I'm on call this week for work, and just got three calls in the past two hours...

say your phone died, ask company to replace it
I love Elzy

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25577 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 07:14:29 »

New ifone... Hurray !!

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #25578 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 09:11:49 »

New ifone... Hurray !!

i'd rather have a flip-phone than an iphone

well not really, but i really hate iphones...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25579 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 09:26:59 »

The only drawback of ifones is the complication in sending files between ifone and PC..

It's a big enough deficit for some..

But, OVERALL, I think they've done nearly everything better than the competition, especially hardware..

Apple h8ers i think are just jelly much of the time.. hahahahaha..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25580 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 22:01:28 »

The only drawback of ifones is the complication in sending files between ifone and PC..

But, OVERALL, I think they've done nearly everything better than the competition, especially hardware..

Use iTunes for that.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #25582 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 10:03:56 »

Please inform me how an iPhone X is better than my OnePlus 5t? Except the stupid notch of course which gives you basically no extra screen.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25583 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 10:10:21 »

Please inform me how an iPhone X is better than my OnePlus 5t? Except the stupid notch of course which gives you basically no extra screen.

Benchmark cheating aside, hahahaha

One plus is not the worst, but overall it's a very unrefined product.

The camera and screen quality both leave alot to be desired..

You get the fast CPU,  but neither memory speed nor storage nand are top grade.

Cough, even in China, u know home of the 1+, some people are embarrassed to own a one plus..

-- granted --, there's some elitist hipster sn00bery goin on.. but..

Tp4 highly recommends stikn' to samsung and apple..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25584 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 21:47:13 »

Benchmark cheating aside, hahahaha

One plus is not the worst, but overall it's a very unrefined product.

The camera and screen quality both leave alot to be desired..

You get the fast CPU,  but neither memory speed nor storage nand are top grade.

Cough, even in China, u know home of the 1+, some people are embarrassed to own a one plus..

-- granted --, there's some elitist hipster sn00bery goin on.. but..

Tp4 highly recommends stikn' to samsung and apple..

Sticking with superglue?

tp4 knows all about that ...

Offline WhyYouLikeDis

« Reply #25585 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 22:10:50 »
I've had 4 samsungs died on me, ios doesn't cut it for my daily driver and my oneplus 2 never failed me to this day yet. I say this specific oneplus gets a plus one from me.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25586 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 22:36:45 »
I've had 4 samsungs died on me, ios doesn't cut it for my daily driver and my oneplus 2 never failed me to this day yet. I say this specific oneplus gets a plus one from me.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Hahahaha, ya'll kids are really getting personal over a calculator.. 

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #25587 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 01:22:08 »
When I press a special key, it plays a little melody.

Currently, I suffer from crippling anxiety.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25588 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 06:35:42 »

Describe the Anxiety and its Triggers.. !!

Use Gekha familiar scenarios/terms..

For example,  xx received a keyboard today, the aluminum case has a chip, //stress

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25589 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 08:01:10 »
I still have DMV PTSD, MST3K is a month away, I have zero motivation (waffle tank is low), and recently I learned that Invader Zim still holds up.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25590 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 08:31:53 »
I still have DMV PTSD, MST3K is a month away, I have zero motivation (waffle tank is low), and recently I learned that Invader Zim still holds up.

DMV's never been that bad in my Xp; always wondered if their bad rep is simply due to vengeful adults who lack the reading comprehension to properly fill out forms..

The first half of invader holds up,  the second half runs lower on steam.

Waffle.. love it..   

I wonder if i could combine watermelon and syrup..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25591 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 08:54:32 »

DMV's never been that bad in my Xp; always wondered if their bad rep is simply due to vengeful adults who lack the reading comprehension to properly fill out forms..

The first half of invader holds up,  the second half runs lower on steam.

Waffle.. love it..   

I wonder if i could combine watermelon and syrup..

Show Image

In the same small town DMV some ten years ago one went into a semi-secluded room to have their picture taken. Now it's all done in one large room with 13 counters that are next to 13 photo backdrops. The people working the counters fill out the forms--and you verify/sign them electronically. Kinda felt like a mini version of JFK airport. Thankfully, I had the presence of mind to pull an Ethan for the photo so I look 100% better than ever. That photo pose adds +1000 beautification, and a +1000 laughter AOE with +1000 chuckle DOT, plus a +1000 cheeseball buff that automatically adds a +1000 hater debuff.

You could garnish your waffles with watermelon instead of syrup ;)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25592 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 08:57:47 »

DMV some ten years ago one went into a semi-secluded room to have their picture taken..

Cabin in the woods vibe.. !!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25593 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 10:24:04 »

DMV some ten years ago one went into a semi-secluded room to have their picture taken..

Cabin in the woods vibe.. !!

But not a rap cabin in the woods vibe :(

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25594 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 11:16:39 »
Annoyed because I can't do anything, then stopped think about it - what do I want to do that I can't?  Nothing.  Can't wait to get back to work so I'm too busy/tired to think about it.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25595 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 12:37:44 »
Annoyed because I can't do anything, then stopped think about it - what do I want to do that I can't?  Nothing.  Can't wait to get back to work so I'm too busy/tired to think about it.

Listen to classical music,  sip Beer..

Skip listening to modern stuff, the product of broken minds desperately grasping at the order it can no longer sustain..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25596 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 13:00:24 »

Listen to classical music,  sip Beer..

Skip listening to modern stuff, the product of broken minds desperately grasping at the order it can no longer sustain..

Yikes.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25597 on: Sat, 06 October 2018, 05:10:01 »

Go Team Kraftwerk!!!!!!11!one!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #25598 on: Mon, 08 October 2018, 15:48:43 »
I love it when someone basis their personality around their gender, race, or sexual preference. They are the least self-centered people, and always have something interesting to direct the conversation back to their perceived defining trait.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25599 on: Mon, 08 October 2018, 15:50:29 »
I love it when someone basis their personality around their gender, race, or sexual preference. They are the least self-centered people, and always have something interesting to direct the conversation back to their perceived defining trait.

^^^ That makes no sense..

But anyway, let's talk more about Tp4 and how Awesome Tp4 is in his Tp4 way.. !!