Author Topic: The captchas are killing me  (Read 6901 times)

Offline mediocrechris

• Averageness, exemplified.
The captchas are killing me
« on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 11:44:46 »
I'm having a lot of trouble reading the captchas, and I'm not exagerating. It's taking me about three or four attempts each time to get it right. Is there a way to make them easier to read?
"Keyboards are good, Commies are bad." Joe McCarthy

Offline Bim Gao

Re: The captchas are killing me
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 12:41:55 »
Agreed :( My eyes gonna blind and my patience is challenged

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 13:04:37 »
I lowered it a bit.  Why do you keep having to answer captchas?
Russ

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 13:18:36 »
As far as I can tell without registering a newb acct. this is part of SMFs post restrictions settings.  I can't track it down atm tho.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline mediocrechris

• Averageness, exemplified.
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 13:52:43 »
For the first 10 posts, I had to answer a captcha each time. With this, my 11th post, I don't have to answer a captcha. I don't know whether that's because an admin made a change or whether I just don't have to answer captchas anymore.
"Keyboards are good, Commies are bad." Joe McCarthy

Offline D3avy

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 13:53:14 »
Looks like I don't have captcha anymore, hopefully its removed for everyone

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 13:59:44 »
You should be clear once you hit 5 posts.  A bit more for PMs.  These are just spam bot hurdles.
Russ

Offline gliy

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 14:06:21 »
Also it should be noted that you also have to enter a captcha for edits when you are under < 10 posts

Offline IllegalAlien

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 14:40:11 »
Yep, over 5 posts I'm clear of those impossible to read things.

Offline HappyRainbows

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 21 July 2012, 06:48:30 »
Some are worse

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 22 July 2012, 00:17:56 »
This sucks.

Offline strafe

• Strafe's Blog
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 22 July 2012, 22:57:08 »
Well, I have less than 10 posts, and the Captchas are gone.  I really struggled with them.
Freebird WKL (Blacks Clear-Tops), iKBC F-104 (Blacks) and more!

Offline touchtype

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 22 July 2012, 23:45:40 »
Khamaam

Offline touchtype

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 22 July 2012, 23:46:26 »
Nxnfdu

Offline touchtype

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 22 July 2012, 23:47:03 »
Rgdhkw

Offline touchtype

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 22 July 2012, 23:47:40 »
Ywdbrd

Offline isp

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 22 July 2012, 23:48:27 »
Xanadu
hhkb

Offline Yirg

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 09:35:22 »
These are the most difficult to answer captchas I've seen anywhere. They look simple, but it usually takes me 5-6 attempts until I manage to pass this test. And no, I'm not a bot :-(

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 09:44:18 »
These are the most difficult to answer captchas I've seen anywhere. They look simple, but it usually takes me 5-6 attempts until I manage to pass this test. And no, I'm not a bot :-(

pics? or we assume your a bot!! ;)

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 10:26:21 »

It's been a while since I answered the captchas, but I do recall they were fairly difficult.  What I did was zoom in as much as possible in the browser view, and then guess.   ;D

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 11:51:46 »
they last something like 10 posts. you just need to compute 10 times in that big brain of yours and then you're free to spam the boards like all the rest of us :D

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 11:52:33 »
they last something like 10 posts. you just need to compute 10 times in that big brain of yours and then you're free to spam the boards like all the rest of us :D

^^ yeah 10 posts is nothing, just find something your interested in and join the discussion!!

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 11:58:43 »
I never had to answer capatch's, were they removed for a while back by Christmas ?
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 11:59:32 »
I never had to answer capatch's, were they removed for a while back by Christmas ?

Maybe they are CONUS only! ;)

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 12:03:10 »

Maybe they are CONUS only! ;)
Thank Christ!
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 12:15:15 »
Are they new captchas or are they the same as when I joined (USB)?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 12:17:58 »
Are they new captchas or are they the same as when I joined (USB)?

There is a captcha and the USB question. :eek:

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 12:21:08 »
LOL, suckers. Why are you so new?

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:34:15 »
They won't remove the captchas on here or on some gaming sites, because secretly its an age test. Old farts with bad eyes like me are supposed to take the hint and go back to the bingo sites. Its really a Human under xx years old test. (xx is tunable by the site owners I think)
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:53:28 »
Let's not ask the average age of the admin staff.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:54:10 »
O_O
Russ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:56:13 »
They won't remove the captchas on here or on some gaming sites, because secretly its an age test. Old farts with bad eyes like me are supposed to take the hint and go back to the bingo sites. Its really a Human under xx years old test. (xx is tunable by the site owners I think)

I think they would be much better off asking who was the President when we first went to the moon.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:57:59 »

Its actually a pension protector, they don't want you getting involved in GB's then forgetting about them :))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 15:01:09 »

I think they would be much better off asking who was the President when we first went to the moon.

We've been to the moon?!?!

Coooool!!!1!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 15:13:41 »

Coooool!!!1!

Obviously didn't you watch Transformers 3?

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 15:14:42 »

Coooool!!!1!

Dooode, the flag was waving, yet there is no wind on the mood? CONSPIRACY !

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 15:15:48 »

Coooool!!!1!

No, but I did watch Dumb and Dumber.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 13:08:43 »

Conspiracy!
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013