Author Topic: [IC] POM Jelly keycaps  (Read 38512 times)

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
Re: [IC] POM Jelly keycaps
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 12:27:23 »
Maybe you mean because of LEDS but POM isn't shiny AFAIK. It's got a strange, almost waxy look to it.
Well I only have two POM sets and only really used one.  They're both very shiny from day one but the feeling is a lot better than shined ABS caps.
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline mongoose27

• WKL FTW
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 13:11:32 »
also in, if cherry profile is available.

Offline CF73

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 06:07:30 »
+1 for cherry profile.

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 17:15:30 »
All these people begging for cherry profile, lmao. I see some things never change around here.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 18:00:30 »
All these people begging for cherry profile, lmao. I see some things never change around here.

I actually prefer OEM for this because it means I can use them with topre without o-rings.

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 18:06:49 »

I actually prefer OEM for this because it means I can use them with topre without o-rings.
How do you figure? Topre keys are effectively OEM profile, and I definitely needed rings on mine.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 13:16:47 »

How do you figure? Topre keys are effectively OEM profile, and I definitely needed rings on mine.

I'm not following. You need O-Rings on your stock topre keycaps? The shorter cherry profile keys impact the slider housings on my novatouch, but the taller top/bottom rows are fine as is. OEM is taller on all rows so they should clear fine?

Edit: Are you talking about silencing rings? That's a completely different issue than what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 March 2020, 13:18:44 by Ensaum »

Offline JFKroflcopter

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 16:38:39 »
Very interested! Would love to see solid black as an option in the future if not possible in the first run. Cherry profile would be awesome and please please please include a 7u spacebar  ^-^

Offline dantambok

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 21:04:16 »
ohhhh yes a black set would indeed look nice
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline CognacWine

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 09:56:12 »
Hello! This is CognacWine from Escape Keyboards. Thanks for letting us know your concern. As a long time lurker I thought I really should register and start answering some questions!

Did you fix the spacebar?

6.25 OEM spacing on the original sets is slightly off and will not work on cherry stabilizers.

Other than that, the originals also yellow quite easily, even my blue set.

Show Image

You are 100% correct on both issues! 
We are well aware of the OG OEM spacebar problem as demonstrated here https://imgur.com/6EC19ms this is with a GMMK TKL with cloned cherry stabs i believe. You can see that since the stems are not fully aligned when you depress the key full it sort of pushes the stab stems outwards causing a jam between the housing and the stem of the stabs.

I believed that the problem is resolved with our new batchhttps://imgur.com/lY6cgG9 as demonstrated with the same keyboard.

We have asked about the possibility of adding more UV stabilizers into the plastic but have not gotten a definitive reply.
We've also done some testing on the effect of UV on the keys, I'll post a photo between the different of a UV exposed key, a chemically exposed key and a normal key when i get some better lighting this week.

I'm not sure if we can do anything more regarding on UV exposure as I suspect that that is tied to how the pellets are made and not something that you can just add into the injection process.

great, thanks for the response

Sorry for the late reply but here is the UV test result.
https://imgur.com/pWgOcwk

After a 2.5 week direct UV exposure under the Queensland sun. The Matcha spacebar has shown noticeable fading. The 1u Matcha key has not seen UV.

The white ones above are the OG POM Jelly Whites. 1u key has seen more than half a decade of use and the space bar did not see any usage at all due to bad stem alignment.

As you can see usage does not seem to affect the material much but UV exposure will definitely deteriorate the pigments.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 March 2020, 11:56:18 by CognacWine »

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 11:55:35 »
Sorry for the late reply but here is the UV test result.
https://imgur.com/pWgOcwk

After a 2.5 week direct UV exposure under the Queensland sun. The Matcha spacebar has shown noticeable fading. The 1u Matcha key has not seen UV.

The white ones above are the OG POM Jelly Whites. 1u key has seen more than half a decade of use and the space bar did not see any usage at all due to bad stem alignment.

As you can see usage does not seem to affect the material much but UV exposure will definitely deteriorate the pigments.

Hey, just a heads up, you hyperlinked an imgur/undefined url and the link doesn't go anywhere when you click on it.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 March 2020, 12:34:01 by Ensaum »

Offline CognacWine

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 11:57:03 »
All fixed sorry i put the url within the [url] haha

Offline CognacWine

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 21:10:45 »
Hey guys GB is live!
My mate doesn't know how to move posts so i'll just leave the link here!

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/fmdtey/gb_pom_jelly_and_giveaway/

Thanks again for your support!

Offline Tarek

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 05:20:46 »
Maybe you mean because of LEDS but POM isn't shiny AFAIK. It's got a strange, almost waxy look to it.
Well I only have two POM sets and only really used one.  They're both very shiny from day one but the feeling is a lot better than shined ABS caps.

Interesting. Well, I look forward to seeing it in person.

Offline jbrandona119

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 14:56:55 »
Very excited to put these on the rukia w/ per key RGB when this all comes together. It's going to look wild!

Offline beestingza

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 02:48:58 »
Did this ever launch or is this still in the design phase?

Offline Astrasa

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 18:07:14 »
Did this ever launch or is this still in the design phase?

These launched quite awhile ago. I'd check esckeyboards for updates/extras.
Kyuu Proto | Quasi Alice | Duck Viper | Tx87-Se

Offline BaliBae

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 02:41:39 »
Any updates for the 2nd run plsss

Offline Xemnova

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 03:44:42 »
Any updates for the 2nd run plsss

First round hasn't even shipped out to those that ordered them yet, so don't expect a r2 announcement anytime soon if there is one. I would keep an eye out for their extras once the GB orders have been filled.

Offline kurple

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 07:19:52 »
https://discord.gg/c8ZnhK

Join their discord for updates, the #gb-updates channel has the latest message.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Offline menuhin

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 08 September 2021, 06:56:52 »
Sorry for the necro.

Again - lots of members shouted out for Jelly POM in *cherry* profile, with additional various layouts compatibility and PCB-mounted stabs.

Just want to express my wish also of seeing the production of Jelly POM key caps in cherry profile
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 08 September 2021, 10:05:58 »
Sorry for the necro.

Again - lots of members shouted out for Jelly POM in *cherry* profile, with additional various layouts compatibility and PCB-mounted stabs.

Just want to express my wish also of seeing the production of Jelly POM key caps in cherry profile

the problem is that the molds exist, but nobody has been able to find the manu with the cherry profile caps

i've been looking for a while (maybe 3 years now) and haven't been able to find them

feng did a run of cherry profile jelly poms back in the day, about 100 sets were produced i think
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline menuhin

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 08 September 2021, 11:34:14 »
More
Sorry for the necro.

the problem is that the molds exist, but nobody has been able to find the manu with the cherry profile caps

i've been looking for a while (maybe 3 years now) and haven't been able to find them

feng did a run of cherry profile jelly poms back in the day, about 100 sets were produced i think

I don't know the technicality in creating Cherry profile POM key caps, but there are still manufacturers who are still making them, e.g. NIZ keyboard fits their black capacitive keyboards with black colored cherry profiled POM key caps.

I hope this set of old POM molds will emerge some time soon.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 11 September 2021, 13:32:49 »
Also want POM cherry molds, then my endgame keycap desire will be satisfied
Don't care about jelly color I just want full black pom keycap  So lit

Imagine it on black oxide patina coat 12L14 and brushed stainless steel