Author Topic: Adesso EasyTouch 625 TKl Unboxing and initial impressions  (Read 4064 times)

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
Adesso EasyTouch 625 TKl Unboxing and initial impressions
« on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 13:16:24 »

...Worst Keycaps I have ever seen on any keyboard in human history.
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
Re: Adesso EasyTouch 625 TKl Unboxing and initial impressions
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 14:33:56 »
Those keycaps...

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 14:36:46 »
Those keycaps...

Show Image

Yeah they are without a doubt the WORST I have EVER encountered, and with the influx of cheap boards I have been reviewing lately that's a BOLD statement.
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline dantan

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 10:48:01 »
Why are you grumbling? Aren't they very cheap? Not to mention, why do you even bother to use their stock keycaps anyway? You are a geekhack member for goodness sake.

As for their crap keycaps, they are probably no worse than Logitech's notoriously eggshell thin keycaps.

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 11:06:58 »
Why are you grumbling? Aren't they very cheap? Not to mention, why do you even bother to use their stock keycaps anyway? You are a geekhack member for goodness sake.

As for their crap keycaps, they are probably no worse than Logitech's notoriously eggshell thin keycaps.

Why are you grumbling? 

Because it's quite unimpressive for the price compared to several others in it's same price range.  And I have reviewed several.

Aren't they very cheap

50-60 US however again you can do much better in that same range, for example the James Donkey brand comes with Gaterons stock and Doubleshot Keycaps and overall is a more solid board for the same price with more switch options (Not to mention Gaterons being smoother than Kailh)

I review Keyboards from expensive HHKB 2,Realforce 55G Topre to Cheap such as $40 Magiforce boards.  You need to put things into pricing perspective.   

why do you even bother to use their stock keycaps anyway?

Honestly whether you want to believe it or not after market keycaps are a niche market within the already niche world of mechanical keyboards.   Plenty of normal people outside the diehards on GH and Reddit etc don't plan to change their keycaps and it's something I have to take in mind when reviewing a board.  Especially when yet again so many better options exist with superior stock caps.

You are a geekhack member for goodness sake.

Exactly why I have more experience than most for basis of comparison when doing reviews.  While many others out there I'm sure surpass my knowledge and Boards/Switches owned I have definitely reviewed/used/owned more than most.

This sadly simply is not the case, and asides from the thin material there is also the matter of pad printing without even a clear coat layer to make it last a little longer.  These honestly are the WORST keycaps I have ever seen or used on a board to date.

Not sure why the hostility but truly nothing of value was really added by your post, Do you work for Adesso or something?

Current Daily Driver/s