Author Topic: Alphas on 104UB-DK vs 104UW  (Read 1421 times)

Offline raymogi

Alphas on 104UB-DK vs 104UW
« on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 10:19:40 »
I've been looking for the white Realforce keyset and since it's out of stock I'm thinking of pulling it out from either of those keyboards.

I have a 87U white right now but I hate how some of the alphas have the numlock thingy front printed. I wanted to get a clean white keyset.

What I'm interested in finding out is how are those two keyset compare in real life? I know the DK has light gray alphas as opposed to the white on the UW.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline btctopre

Re: Alphas on 104UB-DK vs 104UW
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 10:39:28 »
Would be curious to see if there actually is a difference. I was under the impression that the alphas were the same white, and the mods were the color used on the 104 Pro and Chinese/Anniversary Alphas, but I may have been wrong all this time.

dustin is probably one of the few people with first-hand experience that can answer this- might want to PM him.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 10:46:17 »
Yea I asked him before and he was the one who actually told me that the alphas on a DK board is light gray. I always thought that it's the same color as the other white RF board. Unfortunately, he already let go of his DK so I can't get that side by side comparison photo.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline btctopre

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 11:27:40 »
so i got the itch to find out once this thread made me look deeper into it. and survey says- dk alphas are confirmed darker than the white. they're basically the same tint as the beige mods, but are grey in color. really cool stuff.

will probably take a pic after work of all the colors next to each other (rf white, pfu white, rf beige, pfu grey, rf-dk lgrey, rf-dk medgrey, rf-10th medgrey) just to show any variances (i don't have any of the dark grey/black caps though).