Author Topic: [GB] TMK FC660C Alt Controller  (Read 84142 times)

Offline clorex

Re: [GB] TMK FC660C Alt Controller
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 10:33:18 »
Testing Rev.B controller, USB connector aligns properly without any filing job now.
And smaller SMT TACT switch is used in this and future revision, instead of through hole one.
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

In next revision the TACT switch will be move to middle of opening for ease of pressing button.

Early Access
There are some excess controllers from Rev.B and I like to part with them to mitigate development expense. Is any GB participant willing to get the controller? I would appreciate this.

It costs 32USD including shipping, you can save 8 and get controller eariler.

If you are interested email me with subject "FC660C Early Access" and let me know your invoice number. I'll refund 8USD out of 40 you paid. The controllers will be shipped in a week.

Thanks.

What differences will there be (if any) between the prototype Rev B controller and the GB version?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 14:38:28 »
As said in the post reset button placement is changed in Rev.C.

Offline hking0036

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 15:23:44 »
I'm thinking about that and don't decide yet. at worst case you can use other layers than layer 1.

any suggestions are welcome.

Tapatalk を使用して私の Nexus 5X から送信
It'd be great if there was a toggle in the web thing, but I understand that's extra effort for not much change. Personally, I'd say throw up a default map here with it on and then disable it on the web config. Considering you can output in C I can probably just build one, it's just a timesaver not to have to since I don't have a linux box around.

Changed keymap editor, it has two variants now. Plain one is firmware without any Insert LED control while other controls Insert LED to indicate Fn+Q state.

- http://www.tmk-kbd.com/tmk_keyboard/editor/unimap/?fc660c (Plain, useful as starting point)
- http://www.tmk-kbd.com/tmk_keyboard/editor/unimap/?fc660c_emu (Stock keymap emulation)
Awesome, thanks.
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box

Offline Randalljai

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 15:20:15 »
to the people who is doing the buy, what sort of changes will you make to your keyboard with the programming? just curious to what changes people do

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 19:44:21 »
Hasu, I'm completely new to your custom controllers; is it possible to change the capacitance threshold / actuation point?

to the people who is doing the buy, what sort of changes will you make to your keyboard with the programming? just curious to what changes people do

First of all, replacing Ins and Del by PgUp PgDn, then maybe I'll add some more Fn stuff.

But that's not all about programming:
- I support open-source everywhere, including in my keyboard
- I expect a more solid USB port
- Hasu is amazing for doing that  :thumb:
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline Randalljai

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 21:38:26 »
Hasu, I'm completely new to your custom controllers; is it possible to change the capacitance threshold / actuation point?

First of all, replacing Ins and Del by PgUp PgDn, then maybe I'll add some more Fn stuff.

But that's not all about programming:
- I support open-source everywhere, including in my keyboard
- I expect a more solid USB port
- Hasu is amazing for doing that  :thumb:

Ahh..yes that would be nice actually. Wonder why leopold decided to give insert/delete their own key. I actually hardly ever use insert/delete so I guess it never really made sense to me. Have you seen what other keys people assigned it to? I could see the hasu being useful for hhkb since they're no windows key on it?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 21:52:09 »
Yes, it is possible. But it won't be supported in default firmware for user safety's sake :D
See this post and first post in the thread.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=88439.msg2403275#msg2403275

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 09:04:34 »
sent mail as well: my usb connector was getting wonky anyway so this is a great way to get that fixed :P

Could you share pic of it if you have time?
I'm curious about how the connector come off.

Not sure if you can gauge anything from it, but here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zrd3tblcdytbw81/20170418_085657.jpg?dl=0. From the looks of it, it looks like the connector is just worn out (It looks like maybe there is some slight warping, but I'm not sure since I've never inspected a connector this closely).

And here it is with a cable attached: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlk3g3nhopschny/20170418_085637.jpg?dl=0. Not really a visible difference, but it's very wobbly and can be disconnected easily: when first inserting, it doesn't have that "click" when it's fully connected - it just sits there.

I bought it second hand with landing pads, and maybe it was just well-used. Not sure how old the board is.
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 14:11:19 »
thanks.
I guess solderig or PCB is problem, not connector itself. if so you can't see what happens until you open case.

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 15:25:37 »
thanks.
I guess solderig or PCB is problem, not connector itself. if so you can't see what happens until you open case.

Thanks for the tip: when I receive the new controller I can try to take a few pics of the old one to see if that's the issue.  Either way, shouldn't be a problem when I get yours!
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 23:47:13 »
Got my rev B controller the other day. Thanks Hasu! Keyboard is arriving on Friday lol.

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 06:54:19 »
wil you be flashing the default layout on the controller before you ship ?
To be honest i don't know if can figure out how to load a new Keymap  :confused:
i know RTFM i'm reading the wiki's but the more i read the more questions arise..  :-[

But this controller seems like an awesome way to get my hands on a backup in case my usb port fails.
i'm trying to figure out how to load a layout using Fedora, and perhaps OSX 10.9.5 but i have an older 32bit laptop running Fedora.

Still reading btw; like the issues with mac media keys. personally would be happy with volume up/down.
btw; using Fn letter o raises brightness of my laptop and p dims the screen of my laptop. (both FC660C and FC660M)
i found this strange ScrLk and Pus/Brk for screen brightness. to bad there isn't a strange key combo for volume.
btw if i remember correctly also on Fedora..Just a side note..

Offline robotmaxtron

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 09:33:18 »
To be honest i don't know if can figure out how to load a new Keymap  :confused:
i know RTFM i'm reading the wiki's but the more i read the more questions arise..  :-[

But this controller seems like an awesome way to get my hands on a backup in case my usb port fails.
i'm trying to figure out how to load a layout using Fedora, and perhaps OSX 10.9.5 but i have an older 32bit laptop running Fedora.

Still reading btw; like the issues with mac media keys. personally would be happy with volume up/down.
btw; using Fn letter o raises brightness of my laptop and p dims the screen of my laptop. (both FC660C and FC660M)
i found this strange ScrLk and Pus/Brk for screen brightness. to bad there isn't a strange key combo for volume.
btw if i remember correctly also on Fedora..Just a side note..

You'll be able to flash the .hex on Fedora by using dfu-programmer. After you install the package, likely from sudo or root, press the restart button on the Hasu controller then:

Code: [Select]
dfu-programmer atmega32u2 erase --force
dfu-programmer atmega32u2 flash mynewhexfile.hex
dfu-programmer atmega32u2 reset
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 April 2017, 09:36:20 by robotmaxtron »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 15:45:06 »

Yes, the controller will be shipped with default firmware(Emu) so that you can test it out of the box without flashing.

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 20:23:26 »
OMG this finally comes true!!!
TMK Alps64 w/ Matias Quiet Switches in KBP V60 case.
Infinity60 with SKCM Orange Switches w/ TMK.
CM Storm QRF w/ Frosty Flake controller, Cherry MX Blue Switches and TMK firmware.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline jacky

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 22:49:31 »
That's great :thumb:

Offline hasu

• @tmk
Re: [GB] TMK FC660C Alt Controller [Ending on 30/April]
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 23:45:24 »
GB Ending on April 30

Hi folks,
Thank you all for your support! I already got many many orders, almost 100, it is three times as much as what I expected.
This GB will be closed on end of month. Please place order and make payment till 30th of April(in your time zone) if you are interested.

And possibly final revision PCBs are on the way and production will start soon. I'll post updates here.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 00:56:01 »
I hope I can take the credit or blame for some of those orders, as my video about your controller has been pretty popular.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 02:00:37 »
oh. your video! can you post a link? I like to watch :)

Offline Laser

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 03:48:03 »
Did a search, could be this one?

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 08:42:59 »
i found this awesome GB watching my usual keyboard news channel  :p
i queued it for you ...Starts at Hasu the man from Japan..

But wil watch the new one..after all just joined this GB payed my invoice and ready for sum TLC from our keyboard God Hasu hahah ;D

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 09:18:29 »
Just shared this drop on Massdrop forum lot's of people there that have the FC660C and the FC660M but that's a different story
who knows perhaps the keyboard Lord HASU wil do a FC660M in the future..for now i wanted to share this with as many as possible.

thanks Hasu awesome looking forward to programming my model C  ;D

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 06:33:58 »
Order placed. But I don't have own an F660C! WTF is wrong with me? Time to order one....
-R
❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline robotmaxtron

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 09:32:18 »
Order placed. But I don't have own an F660C! WTF is wrong with me? Time to order one....
-R

I too bought an FC660c after I put in the order for the new controller.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 05:12:34 »
Yup, that's me :) I love that this little controller is fuelling purchases of this $200+ keyboard.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 08:21:11 »
Bought in. Thanks
keyboards.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 09:06:28 »
Well, sold my FC660c after a while because I was used to TMK.
Now I'm using a Realforce RGB, so I have to use the usb_usb... And I'm sad!

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 14:59:48 »
Hey Hasu,

Sorry to bother you.  Thanks for the group buy!  I'm wondering if there is a long-press feature on this controller.  For example, I want to set the number row on my 660C so that when I tap the 5 key, 5 is entered. But when I hold (long-press) the 5 key let, F5 is registered.

Is this possible?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 16:04:27 »
Yup, that's me :) I love that this little controller is fuelling purchases of this $200+ keyboard.

Great video, it must be useful to users! I'll add link in first post.
Thank you

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 16:16:33 »
Hey Hasu,

Sorry to bother you.  Thanks for the group buy!  I'm wondering if there is a long-press feature on this controller.  For example, I want to set the number row on my 660C so that when I tap the 5 key, 5 is entered. But when I hold (long-press) the 5 key let, F5 is registered.

Is this possible?

Not supported with Keymap editor at least. You will have to wite code and build it yourself.
Github issues may have some hints.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/issues/257
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/issues/425

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 17:11:02 »
Hey Hasu,

Is this possible?

Not supported with Keymap editor at least. You will have to wite code and build it yourself.
Github issues may have some hints.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/issues/257
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/issues/425

Excellent!  Thank you!
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 April 2017, 11:09:25 by nsmechkb »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 17:23:05 »
Status update
I got new revision pcbs the other day and just confirmed it. Now that pcb design is finalized at Rev.C, I will go production mode!

http://imgur.com/a/Zx55V

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 18:38:19 »
Hi Haus,

I am curious to know, for people that don't get on this GB, will they be able to order the controller in the future? Just like your HHKB controllers? Money is kinda tight right now :S

Cheers

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 18:55:22 »
Hi Haus,

I am curious to know, for people that don't get on this GB, will they be able to order the controller in the future? Just like your HHKB controllers? Money is kinda tight right now :S

Cheers

Yes, it will be available and its price will rise though.

Offline derzemel

« Reply #84 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 08:44:30 »
I am curious, why is the stock controller look so much more complicated (more parts on it) than the one you designed?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 10:50:35 »
I guess it is mainly to support poor power line, they concern about low voltage, fluctuation and noise of power supply.

Pessimism vs optimism.

Tapatalk を使用して私の Nexus 5 から送信

Offline Teacob

Re: [GB] TMK FC660C Alt Controller [Producing]
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 16:53:32 »
Looks great, looking forward to getting this in the post and trying it out! Thanks Hasu

Offline IonutZ

• Stay awhile and listen
    • SC
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 19:18:29 »
Dude Hasu, how the hell did you turn this around so fast? I can't believe I missed the GB already :|

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 11:01:59 »
Dude Hasu, how the hell did you turn this around so fast? I can't believe I missed the GB already :|

Hasu is the greatest. That's all there is to it
❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 10:05:54 »
So now that Hasu is in production, how long do you think it will take? Not impatient, just eager  ;D

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 19:28:43 »
80% of orders were assembled so far and I'm waiting for some components for the rest 20% now. In a week assembly and packing will be done probably and shipping will start after that. We are on schedule anyway!

BTW, some orders got  canceled and I can still accept orders somewhat. Check first post and email me with subject "FC660C GB" if you are interested.
Gone 05/17
Thank you
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 May 2017, 15:41:29 by hasu »

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 21:52:12 »
Damn man, if only every GB was this quick  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
keyboards.

Offline Trickster

• Pok3r in the blues, Topre in the domes
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 22:20:50 »
So hype for mine to arrive! Thanks Hasu
Don't forget to clean your keebs

Offline ponoj

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 17:34:58 »
Should I be nervous cracking open the FC660C case once the controller arrives?   

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #94 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 17:39:28 »

Nah, it's pretty easy. I've taken mine apart like 5 times. The clips are the hardest part.

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 21:53:59 »

I wondered the same thing.  If you're not used to opening plastic cases, just go slowly.

I used two credit cards.  I found it easiest to start at the center of the back seam.  Use one card to hold the seam open and the other card to release the clip.  Once you release all four back clips you can kind of lift the top half of the case so that you have more wiggle room when working on the front seam.

The credit cards didn't leave any marks on the case.

Good luck!

Offline PleaseBeMyFriend

• formerly honsoo
  • reddit /u/PleaseBeMyFriend
« Reply #96 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 03:32:30 »

I just opened my case for the first time the other day and it wasn't bad at all. Just go slowly and make sure you don't forget to unscrew the case before you even try pulling it off.

Offline ponoj

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 10:26:55 »
Thank you for the tips / assurance.  I will definitely approach it slowly(once the controller arrives). The card tip sounds good, I'll definitely try it.  Thanks again will post my results once I do it.

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #98 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 12:41:49 »
Thank you for the tips / assurance.  I will definitely approach it slowly(once the controller arrives). The card tip sounds good, I'll definitely try it.  Thanks again will post my results once I do it.

Are you just going in and swapping the controller only?

Offline Lafenear

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 14:06:07 »
Might be a stupid question, but Is it possible to add ISO-NO characters in Layer 1 for example? Layer 0 would be ANSI, but Layer 1 would have ISO-NO characters instead of [ and ] it would be Æ and Ø?

Thank you!