Author Topic: Thank You, Geekhack || [GB] GMK Electric Bluegaloo Mod Set, Escape Pack  (Read 465066 times)

Offline Hanni

I would be willing to make a big order from EK and ship them out with the rest of your guys' orders to make them more affordable.
Great idea, great dedication ! That would be awesome ! Thank you  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Am I still 101?

I dropped out of the Bro Bot draw, so I guess that means you've moved up to 100.

I didn't think I'd ever be grateful for someone dropping out of a GB, usually I try to encourage people to join.

But thank you :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline billnye

• ability man
Am I still 101?

I dropped out of the Bro Bot draw, so I guess that means you've moved up to 100.

I didn't think I'd ever be grateful for someone dropping out of a GB, usually I try to encourage people to join.

He didn't drop out, just didn't want the bots!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Am I still 101?

Oh, well, still very thank you ;D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Am I still 101?

Some that does not want a brobot? Hm!, interesting.

Offline Hzza

Am I still 101?

Oh, well, still very thank you ;D
No worries, best of luck in the draw ;).

Offline Giorgio

What is the best color for the alphas, to go with this wonderful set? Light gray? Black?

Offline Giorgio

The adler had also a matching spacebar! It was the only thing that I liked of that set.

No love for a 6.25 spacebar?  :'(

The space bar matches the alphas, traditionally; therefore, it would be a little complicated to include one, because that will depend on each one alphas. Personally, I have more space bars than I will ever use; besides, as I use PBT space bars only, they show no shiny spots, so no need for replacements.  :thumb:

Offline billnye

• ability man

What is the best color for the alphas, to go with this wonderful set? Light gray? Black?
I think WoB or Dolch would look pretty good with these caps.

I'll calculate the numbers later, but assuming the Chinese buyers come through we should be over 400 orders now :)

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder

I'll calculate the numbers later, but assuming the Chinese buyers come through we should be over 400 orders now :)

Windowed caps lock or Esc now?
Yes?  Yeeeesssss.   

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened

Yes?  Yeeeesssss.   

Windowed won't happen :

I would be willing to make a big order from EK and ship them out with the rest of your guys' orders to make them more affordable.

I can tell you I won't be adding arrow keys because it wouldn't be worth the cost when we could add 4 other keys that aren't available for sale anywhere else.

I suppose windowed keys may be more expensive than regular ones; but, those would be unique, in this color, and not available anywhere else.
GMK won't do windowed keys for this set due to the small size of it. Even the full set guys have to haggle with them to get windowed caps :))

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline wlhlm

• ~
For those interested, here's a quick mockup of GMK Classic with the modifiers:
96624-0

Offline billnye

• ability man

(Attachment Link)
Looks good! Thanks for the mockup :)

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder

Yes?  Yeeeesssss.   

Windowed won't happen :

I can tell you I won't be adding arrow keys because it wouldn't be worth the cost when we could add 4 other keys that aren't available for sale anywhere else.

I suppose windowed keys may be more expensive than regular ones; but, those would be unique, in this color, and not available anywhere else.
GMK won't do windowed keys for this set due to the small size of it. Even the full set guys have to haggle with them to get windowed caps :))

Do they cut them by hand? Dang yo.

Offline Giorgio

Thanks. The blue makes look nice also that oldstyle beige keyset.

(Attachment Link)

Offline wlhlm

• ~
Bonus:  ;)

GMK Dolch
96626-0

GMK TA
96628-1

GMK Olivetti
96630-2

All based on renders - take it for what it's worth.

Offline billnye

• ability man

Bonus:  ;)

GMK Dolch
(Attachment Link)

GMK TA
(Attachment Link)

GMK Olivetti
(Attachment Link)

All based on renders - take it for what it's worth.
You could make ghetto raindrop with this + Olivetti!

I'll put these renders in the OP if you don't mind wlhlm

Offline wlhlm

• ~
You could make ghetto raindrop with this + Olivetti!
Yeah, looks pretty good IMO!

I'll put these renders in the OP if you don't mind wlhlm
Sure :)

Offline Rustyautoparts

Hey,

This is my first GH group buy. Just wanted to double check that I signed up correctly. Very excited about these mods and the possible extra keys!

Offline wlhlm

• ~
Welcome! :thumb:

Offline billnye

• ability man
Hey,

This is my first GH group buy. Just wanted to double check that I signed up correctly. Very excited about these mods and the possible extra keys!
I have you down for 1 mod pack and 1 escape pack :thumb:

Welcome to the wonderful world of geekhack group buys :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Hey,

I have you down for 1 mod pack and 1 escape pack :thumb:

Welcome to the wonderful world of geekhack group buys :)

Your wallet is very welcomed to its nemesis.

Offline Giorgio

Is there any chance that someone will soon run a gmk Olivetti gb? That would be the perfect complement to this set..

Offline billnye

• ability man
Is there any chance that someone will soon run a gmk Olivetti gb? That would be the perfect complement to this set..

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69265.msg1658177#msg1658177

Offline Giorgio

I forgot about the ISO and humanly priced part  :eek:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69265.msg1658177#msg1658177

Offline wlhlm

• ~
Based on the renders, I'd say it looks best on the Olivetti set. It also fits well to the Alphas of the TA set, though not at all with the teal, so you'd have to replace all of those caps as well... :rolleyes:

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Based on the renders, I'd say it looks best on the Olivetti set. It also fits well to the Alphas of the TA set, though not at all with the teal, so you'd have to replace all of those caps as well... :rolleyes:
That's why we need MOAR orders, so that billnye can use the price break to include all those keys! :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline billnye

• ability man
Assuming the Chinese and the vendors come through, here is where we are at:

Mod set: 418
Escape pack: 529

Offline intelli78

This gb is cutting edge mastery  :cool:
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Assuming the Chinese and the vendors come through, here is where we are at:

Mod set: 418
Escape pack: 529

Awesome, that stepped control key...

Offline billnye

• ability man
No doubt man

Got revised mockup from GMK. ****ing scam, adding 2 blank keys raised the price by €2...

Offline n7

No doubt man

Got revised mockup from GMK. ****ing scam, adding 2 blank keys raised the price by €2...

Show Image

this looks perfect to me :)

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
No doubt man

Show Image

Might as well cancel

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
No doubt man

Show Image

Might as well cancel

Seconded. I'm out.  :p
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline billnye

• ability man
I know you guys are kidding, but for everyone else to know: I am paying the price difference. You guys will still pay the price listed in the OP :-)

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
I know you guys are kidding, but for everyone else to know: I am paying the price difference. You guys will still pay the price listed in the OP :-)

Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
good nye billguy

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
good nye billguy
But wait, I thought billnye was top scammer. 😲

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
This just show how much more you were skamming us initially
/s
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
I have to pay now?!  billnye topskammer NA 2015

Offline billnye

• ability man

/s
Well I only expected the price to go up half a euro at most, so I'm kinda taking the shaft here. I really should raise the price a little, but I don't go back on my word so it will remain the same.

Offline Hanni

/s
Well I only expected the price to go up half a euro at most, so I'm kinda taking the shaft here. I really should raise the price a little, but I don't go back on my word so it will remain the same.
Hmm... €2 each is nothing to get this awesome modifier set. With nearly 500 mod set, you dont have to carry an €1000  additional cost.  :-[
Let us help you, we are an enthusiast community aren't we ?

Offline billnye

• ability man

/s
Hmm... €2 each is nothing to get this awesome modifier set. With nearly 500 mod set, you dont have to carry an €1000 overprice.  :-[
Let us help you, we are an enthusiast community aren't we ?
Well we got past the 400 order mark, so the price drop should help out.

If I really need it I'll let you guys know! I appreciate the generosity :)

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
Billnye runs brobot lottery. Billnye asks for donations. Scam rig confirmed. Masterskammer.

PM'ed for brobot insurance.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

Offline billnye

• ability man

Billnye runs brobot lottery. Billnye asks for donations. Scam rig confirmed. Masterskammer.

PM'ed for brobot insurance.
PM deleted

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

:-* :cool:

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Love the mockup!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"

/s

But seriously, I wouldn't mind paying a little more if need be.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
/s

I figure anyone that runs a group buy deserves to take a little off the top.  Not everything off the top, but a little.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing