Author Topic: [GB] Aquaria V1 60% Jellyfish Keyboard GB (Sorting Shipping )  (Read 34390 times)

Offline MeloDet

Re: [GB] Aquaria V1 60% Jellyfish Keyboard GB (Sorting Shipping )
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 09:56:51 »
Haven't gotten a tracking number yet personally. Did an email get sent out or do I need to find it in the invoice?

Offline Kcodrum

« Reply #101 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 09:58:06 »
Haven't gotten a tracking number yet personally. Did an email get sent out or do I need to find it in the invoice?
Mine came as an email from paypal. You should be able to pull up the invoice and find tracking on there.

Offline Oscar2177

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 14:48:12 »
Hello everyone, I apologize for not updating anyone for a bit. Been very busy last week and wasn't home to do anything, I'll be shipping the boards this week. I was able to ship out 3 boards yesterday and will be shipping the rest out this week. If anyone that wasn't able to join the GB is interested in a board feel free to contact me, I'll be selling them at GB price.  :D

Offline Sic_Alpha

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 16:00:52 »
I shall call it Donatello!

I also have Originative Hyperfuse Remix and Origins that I'm combining to use on it.

Offline Kcodrum

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 19:45:02 »
This board is beautiful and super heavy. The color is a deep purple, and looks great! Here it is with JTK Purple on White installed on it.

221802-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 June 2019, 19:48:05 by Kcodrum »

Offline Sic_Alpha

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 27 June 2019, 18:24:08 »
Added a layer of adhesive sorbothane to the plate.  Anyone know how to get rid of the discoloration from the brass weight?  It doesn't just wipe off.

Offline Kcodrum

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 27 June 2019, 22:44:31 »

Added a layer of adhesive sorbothane to the plate.  Anyone know how to get rid of the discoloration from the brass weight?  It doesn't just wipe off.

Nice! I also added MK Ultra's foam to mine. I also added super thin layer of shelf-liner between the PCB and bottom to ensure it didnt short the switches.

I havent tried to clean off the marks from the brass on mine yet, but there are LOTS of brass cleaners and polishers out there. Just make sure you take the brass off before cleaning, because it could hurt the anodized aluminum. Or you can leave it and over time it will patina and age and get more personality.

Offline Sic_Alpha

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 27 June 2019, 23:15:50 »

Nice! I also added MK Ultra's foam to mine. I also added super thin layer of shelf-liner between the PCB and bottom to ensure it didnt short the switches.

I havent tried to clean off the marks from the brass on mine yet, but there are LOTS of brass cleaners and polishers out there. Just make sure you take the brass off before cleaning, because it could hurt the anodized aluminum. Or you can leave it and over time it will patina and age and get more personality.

Did you have to provide a drawing for the foam from MK Ultra?  The dxf file that was provided earlier doesn't match the plate we got exactly.  I'd be interested in MK Ultra's stuff.  Cutting that sorbothane with an exacto was a pain!!!!

Offline Kcodrum

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 27 June 2019, 23:39:22 »

Did you have to provide a drawing for the foam from MK Ultra?  The dxf file that was provided earlier doesn't match the plate we got exactly.  I'd be interested in MK Ultra's stuff.  Cutting that sorbothane with an exacto was a pain!!!!

I used the 60% ANSI foam. The top/upper version doesn't have standoff holes and fit perfectly. The only issue I ran into was having to compress the plate and pcb while soldering on my switches so that they werent too thick to fit back on the case.

Offline nolan.hates.soymilk

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 01:37:59 »
oof. Hoping for a second run, this looks super clean. I love the jellyfish etching  ;)

Offline Oscar2177

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 15:58:37 »
oof. Hoping for a second run, this looks super clean. I love the jellyfish etching  ;)

There are extras still available if you are interested.

Offline Oscar2177

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 29 June 2019, 13:30:17 »

If you ever need the exact plate file I can provide it as well

Offline Sic_Alpha

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 29 June 2019, 16:04:51 »
If you ever need the exact plate file I can provide it as well

Yes please!  ;D

Offline Sic_Alpha

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 00:07:06 »
Finally got it all together.  Really like the way it feels and sounds.  Zeal60 with 3203 lubed Zealios 78g

I had to clip the stems from the switches that lined up over the brass weight screws and cover the screws with electrical tape; it was shorting out those switches; stems were puncturing black tape before I clipped them.

Just an FYI if anyone else runs into that.

Offline wixxzblu

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 01 July 2019, 07:46:10 »
What do you mean by "stems" of the switches? Do you mean the contact legs that you solder or the pcb moun pegs?

And this only applies to the switches that are above the weight screws?

Offline Sic_Alpha

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 01 July 2019, 09:30:39 »
What do you mean by "stems" of the switches? Do you mean the contact legs that you solder or the pcb moun pegs?

And this only applies to the switches that are above the weight screws?

Yes, the legs of the switches that get soldered to the PCB.  I didn't know the proper vernacular.  And it only applied to the ones that came in contact with the brass weight mounting screws.

Offline Sic_Alpha

« Reply #116 on: Sun, 14 July 2019, 19:18:18 »
Anyone know which bumpers were used for the feet?  One fell off and is now lost, I can't seem to find any the same size.  thanks!

Offline Oscar2177

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 08:59:00 »
Anyone know which bumpers were used for the feet?  One fell off and is now lost, I can't seem to find any the same size.  thanks!

Hello, so the size of the bumpers are 1/4 of an inch
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 July 2019, 09:30:48 by Oscar2177 »