Author Topic: Artisan doesn't fit...  (Read 2790 times)

Offline AwSmCreator

Artisan doesn't fit...
« on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 01:14:27 »
Hello, I got my Meteor Bomb King in the mail directly from the artist and for some reason it doesn't fit. It is MX and I'm putting it on MX stems but it won't stay on. Is there anything I could do to fix this?

Worse case scenario I'll reach out to the artist, but I really like this cap and wanted to see if someone knew an easy fix I could do myself.

Thanks in advance!

Offline septamber

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Artisan doesn't fit...
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 01:18:16 »
Put a piece of scotch tape over the stem or a piece of a ziploc sandwich bag then put it on your board.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 01:18:37 »
Put a couple layers of tape on the stem

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 01:20:53 »
sounds like the hole for the stem is too big

does it appear damaged? or can you see and casting defects?

the size discrepancy is likely very little, but you might be able to fix it by carefully inserting something in the hole with tweezers, like a precisely cut piece of tape

Offline AwSmCreator

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 02:50:11 »
The cap looks fine and the stem looks just like the one on the Fugu I also got. I think it must be just a tiny tiny bit larger than the stem. I'll try a few of these solutions and see how it goes. Thanks for your help everyone! 

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 05:38:16 »
The cap looks fine and the stem looks just like the one on the Fugu I also got. I think it must be just a tiny tiny bit larger than the stem. I'll try a few of these solutions and see how it goes. Thanks for your help everyone!

Had this problem with a key cap, just cut a small piece of scotch tape and put it on the top of the stem. Then push the key cap on. If it's too loose, put more tape. Works and haven't had problems since.
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline pwade3

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 09:48:54 »
If you talk to eat_the_food, I'm sure he can figure something out for you. I may be mis-remembering, but I think I've seen him issue replacement caps for people with fitment issues.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 13:35:49 »
If you talk to eat_the_food, I'm sure he can figure something out for you. I may be mis-remembering, but I think I've seen him issue replacement caps for people with fitment issues.

etf is definitely the person you should be asking.  ;)

Offline AwSmCreator

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 01:09:39 »
I'll send him a message ^_^