geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] TGR x MXF Koala - 24-Hour Raffle opens 2/25/2022

(1/20) > >>

maxf:
TGR x MXF Koala

I'm pleased to announce the first TGR x MXF collaboration:
A high-end OTD Koala inspired TKL tailored with YOUR personal touch. 

Yuktsi from TGR never disappoints, his attention to detail and pursuit of perfection is ever present.  After a successful small private run, I'm pleased to announce this is certainly NO exception!  So with that, for the first time ever, TGR will offer custom engraving options!  Both Yuktsi of TGR, and maxf aim to provide a bespoke keyboard acquisition experience unlike any other.  Here's what you can expect:

* Feb 25, 2022 Raffle Opens -- we're leveraging Koi's Discord authentication raffle system to run a 24+ hour global raffle window from 12 Noon EST on 2/25 and then closing at 12 Midnight EST on 2/26
* Midnight Feb 26, 2022 -- Winners selected
* Winners are responsible for paying the initial invoice of $1500 within 24 hours or will be re-raffled to another participant.  Shipping will be calculated and invoiced at a later date.
* Winners will be invited to a private channel within maxf's Discord for customers service/questions.
* Winner's will select colors for their unit, and work to get their engrave selection and placement approved within the first week.
* We'll work with customers to ensure accuracy and satisfaction throughout the entire process.

------------------------------
Brand: TGR x MXF
Model: Koala TKL
• 2 build options: O-ring gasket or top mount
• Colors: Silver, Black, Red
• Materials: Anodized aluminum body, Two (2) brass weights both internal and external
• Typing Angle: 5deg
• Front Height: TBA
• Layout: WKL (w/ only split backspace and split right shift options)
• Custom USB-C PCB by Hiney

Price: $1500

Typing Videos by maxf

FAQ
How do I enter?
Please join the discord!  Koi's Discord Raffle and Instructions will be linked.

How many units will there be?
Twenty (20)

What plate options are available?
Aluminum only at this time!

Will you consider other color options?
NO - You will be limited to three (3) color options.  Silver, Black and Red.  You will be given the option to select one (1) color for each of the three primary components:
-Top Case
-Bottom Case
-Plate

max
https://instagram.com/maxfLIVE
https://discord.gg/FXJypMb

For more frequent updates, Please join the discord!

HoffmanMyster:
This is insane, but also approved  :eek:

A bit of a unique case where users need to register on Discord in order to even enter the raffle, but still - do remember to post updates here in order to adhere to the GB rules.

Neely_12:
Shame you can’t even pick a custom color for the case for $1500.

Nvr_Smile:
How are you going to state the following, but then only offer three color options? Can you call a custom engraving a "bespoke keyboard acquisition"?

--- Quote ---Both Yuktsi of TGR, and maxf aim to provide a bespoke keyboard acquisition experience unlike any other
--- End quote ---

Then you are charging $1500 USD for a basic two piece TKL with a hiney pcb? What separates this board from any other TKL that is a third of the price beyond the price tag and engraving? You can't argue it is the colors, as most GB's allow you to pick the color of your board. You could argue that it is the custom engraving, but does it really cost $1000 for custom engraving, or are you just trying to maximize your profits?

Furthermore, TGR still hasn't finished shipping the last batch of Janes, and we are quickly approaching the three year mark. Why are they running another GB when they still have note finished the last one? And how do you plan on alleviating this, will this be another three year group buy?

This entire board just screams "money grab". Please don't buy this.

Darth_munkee:
Ok I have some legitimate questions about this board. Mainly what makes this worth $1500 other than people are willing to pay that much for it? I feel like this is way past the point of diminishing returns but I could be missing something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version