geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

[IC] Retro set for ALPS

(1/2) > >>

Wibox:
Checking to see if there is any interest for the R4 "Retro" set for ALPS key switches. I know there has been several attempts at getting a key cap set made for ALPS but in the past we couldn't decide on a color scheme. I think most of us like the Retro set...

For a single set it would cost ~$500, a little steep for me. I want to see if we can get enough people to bump the price down to ~$200 or so! Anyone interested?

SmallFry:
Cool, yes. Practical, no. Sorry sir, but I can't afford a $200 set of keycaps, despite their awesomeness. Plus, what board do you have that would use the caps you've proposed? Most ALPS boards are weird layouts.

alaricljs:
My suggestion is to wait for Matias' new switches and boards.  Someone will likely work up a few switch-try boards and then we can see how interested people are in modern Alps which will mean a higher interest in new cap sets.

Djuzuh:

--- Quote from: alaricljs on Tue, 21 August 2012, 12:24:28 ---My suggestion is to wait for Matias' new switches and boards.  Someone will likely work up a few switch-try boards and then we can see how interested people are in modern Alps which will mean a higher interest in new cap sets.

--- End quote ---

agreed.

I'm so excited for his board !

sth:
tempting but all my alps boards are non-standard layouts :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version