Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4155356 times)

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #29700 on: Sun, 08 January 2023, 08:43:47 »
Not quite sure where I belong at the moment.
I have my family, and I have my friends.

But the last couple years I've invested heavily in finding decent places to hang out online.
Then today it hits me that I don't honestly even like anyone on the discord server I am on, I have nothing in common with them, they are in different places in their lives compared to me.
And then the sinking feeling of being alone and being lonely comes.

It's getting better - am getting used to being alone.

But sometimes it just hits you, YOU'RE ALONE.

could be a sign of clinical depression.   gotta eat your veggies.  natural anti-depressants.

I would disagree with you - but I've seen more signs myself.
I'm currently under treatment, so I don't know if it'll ever turn into a full-on depression. Trying to fight it any way possible.

Personal issues have plagued me in 2022 and I think I'm dealing with the aftermath.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #29701 on: Sun, 08 January 2023, 09:18:38 »
Personal issues have plagued me in 2022 and I think I'm dealing with the aftermath.

check out the game changers documentary 2018.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #29702 on: Mon, 09 January 2023, 02:15:06 »

check out the game changers documentary 2018.

Plant based diet I wouldn't actually mind. Just the ingredients that are suuuuper expensive here.
They have a website with some yummy recipes.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29703 on: Mon, 09 January 2023, 08:07:40 »
Plant based diet I wouldn't actually mind. Just the ingredients that are suuuuper expensive here.
They have a website with some yummy recipes.

boutique plant based is pretty expensive,  rice beans cabbage = inexpensive.

it's a process, align informationally, visualize climate change doom, adjust tolerances and expectations.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29704 on: Tue, 10 January 2023, 13:09:39 »
Cutie coming over for cocktails, says Melon Ball is her fav. Cool, all I need is Midori. Easy to get!

Cut to 5 liquor and grocery stores later, no Midori in sight. No orders coming in, just nothing. Apparently a shortage? What's going on?

Gonna make 'em with passion fruit liqueur, and call them Passionate Balls  :rolleyes:

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #29706 on: Wed, 11 January 2023, 11:25:16 »
^^^ this post right here officer, /premeditated.

:))
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29707 on: Sun, 15 January 2023, 11:51:29 »
Missouri,  like seriously,  passes law, bans women lawmakers from wearing cloths that show arms.

Isis want's their misogyny back.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29708 on: Sun, 15 January 2023, 20:39:09 »

Isis want's their misogyny back.

The Radical Right is drunk with power. They count on the fact that people who are disgusted just tune them out, yet will still stay away from the voting booth.

It is a race with time before the younger generations wake up and vote them out for good.

« Last Edit: Mon, 16 January 2023, 08:52:55 by fohat.digs »
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29709 on: Mon, 16 January 2023, 01:32:53 »
As I approach 40 in a few years I reflect on all the things I failed at, and how I have accomplished absolutely nothing in the last 20 years of my life. Despite my education and working my ass off, I still am broke, no job, no career, no friends, no family, no love, no sex, no car. Nothing worked out for me.

I am an abject failure, and loser in every regard. All the normal things that everyone else takes for granted as things that are simply part of life, simply never happened for me.

I'm tired of trying and getting nowhere. I'm tired of doing it all alone with no support. I'm just tired.

I think this may be my last spin around the sun, I can't live like this for another 20 years. Who would want to? Life shouldn't be something you do out of habit.

Offline phinix

« Reply #29710 on: Mon, 16 January 2023, 09:00:56 »
As I approach 40 in a few years I reflect on all the things I failed at, and how I have accomplished absolutely nothing in the last 20 years of my life. Despite my education and working my ass off, I still am broke, no job, no career, no friends, no family, no love, no sex, no car. Nothing worked out for me.

I am an abject failure, and loser in every regard. All the normal things that everyone else takes for granted as things that are simply part of life, simply never happened for me.

I'm tired of trying and getting nowhere. I'm tired of doing it all alone with no support. I'm just tired.

I think this may be my last spin around the sun, I can't live like this for another 20 years. Who would want to? Life shouldn't be something you do out of habit.

Noisy, you are about 5 years younger than me. I also struggle through life, doing things alone without support etc I know and many other people know how it is in this position.
I tell you what - I am proud of you after one thing you confessed here on our forum some time ago - something I was never able to achieve, but you did and this is incredibly impressive to me. You said you worked your ass off and you lost weight - millions of people fail to achieve this! I know you've had some health issues in last years, but that weight loss is something really incredible! I failed doing it so many times in my life that I cannot even tell how many times. Losing weight is very difficult, but you did it and somehow it was easy for you - that's what you said the other day, I remember that! You should be proud of yourself noisy, I really mean it!  :thumb:
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29711 on: Mon, 16 January 2023, 09:09:24 »

broke, no job, no career, no friends, no family, no love, no sex, no car

My recommendation is that you tackle these needs individually and solve them one at a time.

Speaking for myself, after numerous disappointments including an earlier failed marriage; I found a mate, married shortly after my 40th birthday, and had 2 great kids (at age 45 and 47) who are now adults and finding their own ways in the world. The planet is in deep trouble these days but "checking out" is playing into the hands of the people who want to want to drag it down into chaos.
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29712 on: Mon, 16 January 2023, 09:43:59 »
Nt what happen to the female that was coming over for drinks ?

Offline phinix

« Reply #29713 on: Mon, 16 January 2023, 09:45:07 »
Nt what happen to the female that was coming over for drinks ?

Yeah, the one you bought nice new pair of pants  for :thumb:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29714 on: Wed, 25 January 2023, 00:47:05 »
sigh... welp there goes rick and morty and solar opposites... sigh.... god damn it, why can't these people sigh............

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #29715 on: Wed, 25 January 2023, 07:40:08 »
sigh... welp there goes rick and morty and solar opposites... sigh.... god damn it, why can't these people sigh............
Yeah of course he turns out to be an *******. :/ It really sucks I like those shows.
He's also stepped down from Squanch Games.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #29716 on: Wed, 25 January 2023, 11:44:06 »
Yeah of course he turns out to be an *******. :/ It really sucks I like those shows.

So whats gonna happen to your pfp

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #29717 on: Thu, 26 January 2023, 08:01:05 »

So whats gonna happen to your pfp
Time will tell....

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29718 on: Thu, 26 January 2023, 08:33:06 »

of course he turns out to be an *******.

His characters are not exactly paragons of virtue, maybe it is not surprising.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #29720 on: Thu, 26 January 2023, 10:03:21 »
Ok   I am not happy with college lectures.

There is not enough discussion and too much lecturing
  It is not helpful for me to learn when there is constant stream of lecture

More helpful is "Why are we learning this" and "How can it be used"

Many people are graduating and still become unsatisfied with career and work.
And most are unable to think for themselves and develop good communication skills. How can they communicate if no opportunity in class to do so

How should I give feedback to professor about this ?
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29721 on: Thu, 26 January 2023, 10:17:42 »
[/color]
How should I give feedback to professor about this ?

You don't, LOL.

It doesn't matter what occupation you take up, at the end of the day, it probably supports some superfluous waste in chasing unchecked hedonism on part of humanity.

For example, let's say you are an electrician or site engineer, they open a walmart, you do the lights, you're not a criminal, you don't have any malice,  but,  walmart supplies the world with a stream of stuff that people probably don't need, consume natural resources, destroy the planet and end up in a landfill in a short while. So, even with no ill intent, because humanity has gone astray in many areas,  the collective lack of self-awareness and introspection results in the Anthropocene extinction which WE ARE IN RIGHT NOW.

Nature does correct this type of problem though,  Ask the question, where is the harrapan empire, where is the egyptian empire, where are the mesopotamians,  where are the romans ?

Civilizations peak, and then hedonism becomes so bad, the infrastructure falls into disrepair,  we have a few bad harvests, famine, and BAM, everyone dies.

Not saying you should be sad about it,  but mega catastrophe is coming, just be glad you experienced internet, if we survive and meet on the fury road, we'll have good stories bout it.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29722 on: Thu, 26 January 2023, 11:19:26 »

to learn when there is constant stream of lecture

More helpful is "Why are we learning this" and "How can it be used"

unable to think for themselves

I was deep in my college time half a century ago, and my experience was almost the diametric opposite of what you seem to be complaining about.

From the beginning of my education, starting in elementary school, there was the understanding, expressed both explicitly and implicitly, that the purpose of school was to train you  HOW  to think and not  WHAT  to think. 

"Why are we learning this" and "How can it be used"  was for us to discern. That requires the skill of imagination - a skill that has been largely ignored in recent decades.

The reason that liberal arts education is vital to society is that it encourages people to think about everything, and its/their place in the "Grand Scheme of Things" - not just the specific technical components of particular vocations.

The Radical Right has been at war with education itself for decades - first against science, then against history, now even against literature.

Learn everything that you can while you are in school, "Why are we learning this" and "How can it be used" is what you will spend the remainder of your life putting into perspective.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #29723 on: Fri, 27 January 2023, 09:08:25 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29724 on: Fri, 27 January 2023, 09:15:18 »
I'm assuming it's profile picture.

you young people and your trendy acronyms.

/old person noises

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #29725 on: Mon, 06 February 2023, 06:09:18 »
If I make a fist the middle finger on my right hand gets stuck  part of the way up then pops loose, maybe arthritis? Mouse wheel finger?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29726 on: Mon, 06 February 2023, 09:44:12 »

maybe arthritis?

Probably. I removed the center drawer from my desk and raised my desk chair by 3" and it has been a big help.

A physical therapist suggested that I was hunching my shoulders and it was unhealthy - causing neck muscles to do the work that should be done in the upper back.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29727 on: Mon, 06 February 2023, 09:58:20 »
If I make a fist the middle finger on my right hand gets stuck  part of the way up then pops loose, maybe arthritis? Mouse wheel finger?

sounds more like trigger finger.   but arthritis, which is an autoimmune issue, can make trigger finger worse if there is proximal swelling.

minimizing animal proteins greatly helps with arthritis. through molecular mimicry, meat and milk are a common trigger for inflammation.

standing desk something to try regardless of finger issues, but prolly not related.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29728 on: Mon, 06 February 2023, 10:09:39 »

arthritis, which is an autoimmune

Not necessarily. Osteoarthritis is basically "wear and tear"  https://www.arthritis.org/diseases/osteoarthritis

While Rheumatoid Arthritis has autoimmune aspects https://www.arthritis.org/diseases/rheumatoid-arthritis

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29729 on: Wed, 15 February 2023, 23:04:52 »
Explain to me how I made less money this year than last year, and yet my tax return is $3000 less. How? Where did my money go?
Doesn't matter who's in charge, my government never tires of bending me over and ass blasting me to poverty.

'Why do the poor stay poor?' some idiot may wonder.
Well there are systems in place, my friend. Designed strictly to keep the poor people poor, and line the pockets of the already rich.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29730 on: Thu, 16 February 2023, 00:53:46 »
Explain to me how I made less money this year than last year, and yet my tax return is $3000 less. How? Where did my money go?
Doesn't matter who's in charge, my government never tires of bending me over and ass blasting me to poverty.

Well there are systems in place, my friend. Designed strictly to keep the poor people poor, and line the pockets of the already rich.

It's the war we're fighting. that lines their pockets.   IN REALITY, it's a waste of resources for EVERYONE involved, the rich and the poor.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #29731 on: Thu, 16 February 2023, 01:51:45 »
Eating a low-fat diet now so as to not disturb the gall bladder.
But I have not recovered weight, despite eating proper portions. I'm like a skeleton.
And the ileostomy is driving me nuts ... some days, there is poop everywhere.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29732 on: Thu, 16 February 2023, 01:59:26 »
But I have not recovered weight, despite eating proper portions. I'm like a skeleton.

What veggies they giving you Fcnor?

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #29733 on: Thu, 16 February 2023, 04:40:18 »

What veggies they giving you Fcnor?

My tactic is to eat carbs and protein, so: I eat mostly bread. Often topped with low-fat cottage cheese and onions. Among veggies, mostly tomatoes, leafy greens and green beans. I also snack on fruit and berries in-between meals. Because of the ileostomy, I've been discouraged to eat stringy veggies or beans (b/c the shells), and b/c the gall bladder I've had to avoid not just fats but also veggies with green skin, such as cucumber, green peppers etc.
I've been prescribed energy shakes, but I hate those...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29734 on: Thu, 16 February 2023, 09:12:47 »
My tactic is to eat carbs and protein, so: I eat mostly bread. Often topped with low-fat cottage cheese and onions. Among veggies, mostly tomatoes, leafy greens and green beans. I also snack on fruit and berries in-between meals. Because of the ileostomy, I've been discouraged to eat stringy veggies or beans (b/c the shells), and b/c the gall bladder I've had to avoid not just fats but also veggies with green skin, such as cucumber, green peppers etc.
I've been prescribed energy shakes, but I hate those...

maybe if they'd boil some of the green veggies, then blend it up, and you drink it slowly making sure to get lots of saliva mixed into it (for digestive properties).

with a little salt, it's basically veggie soup. reduce body's oxidative stressors.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #29735 on: Thu, 16 February 2023, 10:32:05 »

Tax return is only half of the equation - should really compare your total tax liability for the two years. Last year you might have just overpaid by more than this year. There are also a ton of other factors like school renovations in your district adding some taxes that might not have been there last year, etc.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29736 on: Mon, 27 February 2023, 16:43:29 »
One more year passed. One more year where I've accomplished nothing I set out and worked my ass off to make happen.
Still no friends, still no girlfriend, still no money, still no car, and still my career has gone absolutely nowhere despite my degrees.

It's as if I've been blacklisted from having any sort of normalcy and balance in my life. Tried so many different tactics and approaches over the past 8 years, and have not been able to reach one single goal. Things just keep getting progressively worse, as I put in more and more work just to make the bare minimum to eek by. This is not how life is supposed to work.

I just do not understand. It makes me want to give up altogether.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29737 on: Mon, 27 February 2023, 17:25:18 »
that ohio contamination mickey mouse guy, horrible situation, but his humor about it made me smile

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29738 on: Tue, 28 February 2023, 14:33:24 »
cutting a tomato, it fell on the ground, all the inside stuff fell out.  sigh.....

Offline phinix

« Reply #29739 on: Tue, 28 February 2023, 16:31:14 »
cutting a tomato, it fell on the ground, all the inside stuff fell out.  sigh.....

Don't even get me started on tomatoes, tp...
I remember when I was a kid in 80s, visiting my grandparents on their farm and going with my grandma to their glasshouse to pick veggies for a dinner. Hot summer day, it was scorching inside, so humid. We went inside and picked fresh tomatoes from the bushes, picked fresh cucumbers for mizeria. I remember like my dad loved to just grab a nice grown red tomato and just eat it straight ripped from the bush - I liked that too but on my sandwich, there were so fresh juicy, smelled oh my... those tomatoes smelled so nice, they had so many colors inside, one slice covered my whole piece of bread. Pinch of salt and it was ready. So delicious.
Todays tomatoes are total garbage! They don't smell at all! And they fall apart, literally, like you said. Even when I'm slicing one, it just falls apart, insides go blaaah... they are not juicy, they are watery, full of flavourless water just make your sandwich soggy... f**ing crap... and I pay loads for them! Prices of tomatoes here in UK went through the roof!

OK, I'm done. :)
Thanks tp for a quick flashback, those were the days....  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 February 2023, 16:35:14 by phinix »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29740 on: Tue, 28 February 2023, 16:43:31 »
summer is how to relive the gud' tomatoes, gotta grow your own to harvest ripe.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29741 on: Tue, 28 February 2023, 17:00:52 »

gotta grow your own

I second that. Last summer I had far too many for about a month and a half, and concluded that dehydrating them was the best way to preserve them.

And you can tell a huge difference between the dehydrated good ones and dehydrated grocery store tomatoes.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29742 on: Tue, 28 February 2023, 17:17:13 »
tomatos freeze well, you can make good sauce/ stirfry well into winter.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29743 on: Tue, 28 February 2023, 22:27:49 »
The ark,  honestly,  one must retract complaints at this point,  still watching it,  it's interesting and well paced despite its flaws.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29744 on: Tue, 28 February 2023, 22:50:36 »
modern store fruit is terrible. lemons have no juice, tomato are dry and mealy, strawberries are tasteless, melons are dry mealy AND tasteless, and blueberries have gone sour.

wtf happened to delicious fruit?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29745 on: Tue, 28 February 2023, 23:12:22 »
modern store fruit is terrible. lemons have no juice, tomato are dry and mealy, strawberries are tasteless, melons are dry mealy AND tasteless, and blueberries have gone sour.

suburbia happened. we spread out,  local grocers become economically unsustainable, so we have mega marts, but to maintain efficiency there, they need a longer shelf life, that comes at the expense of ripening time.

Offline phinix

« Reply #29746 on: Wed, 01 March 2023, 03:41:15 »

Aaah, don't get me started on strawberries...  ;)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29747 on: Wed, 01 March 2023, 07:51:49 »

melons are dry mealy AND tasteless

The difference between homegrown cantaloupe and store-bought cantaloupe can be even greater than with tomatoes.

Unfortunately, they are much harder to grow in home gardens because, being ground dwellers, they have to withstand an onslaught of tiny critters, not to mention hungry mammals.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29748 on: Wed, 08 March 2023, 19:36:38 »
Just noticed it cost me $9 in fees to take cash out of an ATM not from my bank.
$9 ****ing dollars to get $40!!!!!!
Such a scam

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29749 on: Wed, 08 March 2023, 23:20:12 »
i don't need n00 boots
i don't need n00 boots
i don't need n00 boots
i don't need n00 boots
i don't need n00 boots
i don't need n00 boots
i don't need n00 boots !!!!!