Author Topic: Clothes thread  (Read 75029 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Clothes thread
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 16:14:19 »
Always wanted a Carhartt jacket.  They look pretty solid.  How long have you had yours?

I've had the one I'm wearing for two years now? My other Carhartt I've had for probably five years now. I love the look and I think it's a good price for what you get. Rocking a 1889 jacket from them.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 16:35:46 »
I've had the one I'm wearing for two years now? My other Carhartt I've had for probably five years now. I love the look and I think it's a good price for what you get. Rocking a 1889 jacket from them.

Hmm...

I really want to start investing in certain articles of clothing more but whenever I start lifting, my sizes go crazy.  Derp.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 16:54:25 »
More excuses to keep lifting?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #153 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 16:57:44 »
Show Image

I love Carhartt jackets. And what bothers you about Levis Sent?

Always wanted a Carhartt jacket.  They look pretty solid.  How long have you had yours?

There's a reason all the maintenance guys I know wear them.   :thumb:

Offline iri

« Reply #154 on: Wed, 24 December 2014, 17:34:03 »
teaser.

85012-0
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #155 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 20:10:45 »
My girlfriend got me a nice sweater from J Crew for Christmas :)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #156 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 00:50:45 »
That's a nice sweater. I'll take pics of the one I got tomorrow, since I'm gonna wear it in the flight home.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #157 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 15:45:06 »
teaser.

(Attachment Link)

Nice!  This is looking pretty ****ing good, iri. :thumb:

My girlfriend got me a nice sweater from J Crew for Christmas :)
Show Image

Show Image

Can't go wrong with Clark's in Beeswax.

Offline iri

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 16:05:39 »
thanks. there was the clothes price question raised before; my wedding suit cost $180.

behold my gorgeous base layer!

« Last Edit: Tue, 30 December 2014, 16:07:19 by iri »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 16:07:21 »
thanks.

behold my gorgeous base layer!

Show Image

glorious
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Saf_Rimons

• Industrial Designer
« Reply #160 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 13:21:54 »
Calling all denim enthusiasts! I'm in the market for another pair to start off this year and I'm almost dead set on a these:

http://www.blueowl.us/product/momotaro-deep-indigo-brown-weft-15oz-tight-straight-raw-selvedge-denim-model-0702br/

But I am still open to suggestions! Definitely want that Momotaro 0702 fit and the brown weft adds something new to the equation. I was looking at other colored wefts but some of them look really tacky in my opinion. I'm willing to spend up $300 on the new pair, just finalizing my decision now before I buy. I will upload fit pics when they arrive!

OLKB Planck Lo-Pro

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #161 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 13:34:04 »
Calling all denim enthusiasts! I'm in the market for another pair to start off this year and I'm almost dead set on a these:

http://www.blueowl.us/product/momotaro-deep-indigo-brown-weft-15oz-tight-straight-raw-selvedge-denim-model-0702br/

But I am still open to suggestions! Definitely want that Momotaro 0702 fit and the brown weft adds something new to the equation. I was looking at other colored wefts but some of them look really tacky in my opinion. I'm willing to spend up $300 on the new pair, just finalizing my decision now before I buy. I will upload fit pics when they arrive!
Man, I've lusted over pairs of those high end selvedge denim brands for so long, but know realistically I could never afford to actually buy a pair.  Doesn't Momotaro have a pair of $2000 jeans that are completely sewn by hand, or is that another brand I'm thinking of?  I have a pair of 501 Shrink to Fits, but after seeing how they've naturally faded and broken in, I've wanted to get another pair of raws.  I think 501 STF's are like the gateway drug into raw denim.  Maybe I'll give Gustin a try next, they seem to be a decent, and affordable option.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Saf_Rimons

• Industrial Designer
« Reply #162 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 13:40:12 »

Man, I've lusted over pairs of those high end selvedge denim brands for so long, but know realistically I could never afford to actually buy a pair.  Doesn't Momotaro have a pair of $2000 jeans that are completely sewn by hand, or is that another brand I'm thinking of?  I have a pair of 501 Shrink to Fits, but after seeing how they've naturally faded and broken in, I've wanted to get another pair of raws.  I think 501 STF's are like the gateway drug into raw denim.  Maybe I'll give Gustin a try next, they seem to be a decent, and affordable option.

Yeah Momotaro is that brand that made the 2000 dollar pair of jeans. There are even more expensive pairs out there, and my first pair was $200. I have an expensive taste and that always works against me. I haven't heard much about Gustin, but if price in issue there are a lot of really good options like unbranded of course, and depending on where you shop, sales on more expensive brands. If you know your fit well enough, you can try the raw denim scout from rawrdenim.com. I usually shop on cultizm, okayamadenim, blueowl, and tateandyoko. I would definitely check out the scout, it helped me narrow down my options fast.

OLKB Planck Lo-Pro

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #163 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 13:53:43 »
fvk denim..  it's all about sweatpants @ 100% everywhere, all day everyday..

Offline hrinfinity

• typebeast
  • uptempo
« Reply #164 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 16:04:49 »

I say go for it :D! Ordered a pair of the 0705SP last year from Okayama and I love 'em. Momotaro's attention to detail is simply amazing.

fvk denim..  it's all about sweatpants @ 100% everywhere, all day everyday..

My sister got me 2 pairs of joggers for Christmas and I've been wearing them around the house, at the gym, and while running errands..if only I could get away with wearing them at work :))
TGR-Jane CE | FC660C | DK9008 Snake

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #165 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 16:19:10 »
I got some joggers this Christmas, as well.  So comfy.  I've been in them non-stop.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #166 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 17:48:53 »

Momos are nice, but If you're not getting the ones with the stripe on the pocket, you're better off with something like a 3sixteen or PBJ

Offline Saf_Rimons

• Industrial Designer
« Reply #167 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 17:52:29 »

Momos are nice, but If you're not getting the ones with the stripe on the pocket, you're better off with something like a 3sixteen or PBJ
These Brown wefts are the only ones I could find, not looking for any other style since I already own a decent deep indigo. I have very little options for what I want

OLKB Planck Lo-Pro

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #168 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 17:55:29 »
i mean

if you want them i'm not gonna stop you

Offline Saf_Rimons

• Industrial Designer
« Reply #169 on: Sun, 04 January 2015, 19:52:00 »
i mean

if you want them i'm not gonna stop you

Well I ended up totally changing my mind and going with a pair of Skinny Guy Elephant 4s that I found on some Canadian website. They were on sale for cheaper and in Canadian dollars so I saved big time. It's about time I own denim that can stand up on its own.

OLKB Planck Lo-Pro

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #170 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 13:43:47 »

New j crew shirt for work
Levi 559
Vans Half Cabs

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #171 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 14:09:14 »
ah yes

the infamous buffalo check shirt

i need one of those, they're good

yes this is a backhanded complement on your shirt, i like it

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #172 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 14:17:45 »
A wise man once told me about way back when he had the red and black lumberjack. I just want to be as cool as that man.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #173 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 14:18:07 »
ah yes

will he'll be swimming in ladies.. ?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #174 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 14:22:02 »
ah yes

will he'll be swimming in ladies.. ?

yes probably

it's been in fashion since like the 50's

and i mean that in the nicest way possible

Offline MessyCaps

• Stressed out cap maker taking a break :S
« Reply #175 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 02:35:22 »

Offline R1N3

« Reply #176 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 06:18:34 »
A wise man once told me about way back when he had the red and black lumberjack. I just want to be as cool as that man.

With the hat to match?

Buffalo plaid will forever be a classic in my mind.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #177 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 06:27:35 »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #178 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 08:23:38 »

With the hat to match?

;)

I heard he also used to spread love, it's the Brooklyn way.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #179 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 09:05:58 »

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #180 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 05:56:19 »

PBJ for sure. The cobalt core or any deep dyed would kill it.

I want a heavy weight deep dye PBJ for this year :(
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #181 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 23:59:05 »

You need the matching hat
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #182 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 22:11:46 »
zomg these joggers are so comfy
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline danwomansan

• Also known by my real name, ********!
« Reply #183 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 16:57:50 »
I need to replace all of my clothes soon, they're all from when I was a depressed 12-year-old with trouble gaining weight, and I've grown a lot taller and fatter since then. Now I'm a depressed [redacted*]-year-old who is morbidly obese!

More
* = for certain reasons I don't disclose my age in communities until I've been in them for a while. One thing you can be sure of is that I'm not 24, unlike what my profile says
it's pronounced "danw omansen", not "dan woman san"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #184 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 17:04:11 »
I need to replace all of my clothes soon, they're all from when I was a depressed 12-year-old with trouble gaining weight, and I've grown a lot taller and fatter since then. Now I'm a depressed [redacted*]-year-old who is morbidly obese!

More
* = for certain reasons I don't disclose my age in communities until I've been in them for a while. One thing you can be sure of is that I'm not 24, unlike what my profile says

Hrrm... well.. usually people who eat a bit too much do it because it makes them feel good.. Food = Cheapest antidepressent, stress relief..  maybe if you switched to a "feel-good" routine that doesn't involve food..  That could keep desires off the cookies..

Offline danwomansan

« Reply #185 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 17:14:53 »
Nah, I'm overweight because I don't exercise. I eat a single, small meal a day but I don't burn it off. Our house has an exercise bike, but it's in the basement where my sister dwells, her being a volatile early teenager who thinks that everything in the basement is hers. I have alcohol for my antidepressant

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #186 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 17:33:12 »
Nah, I'm overweight because I don't exercise. I eat a single, small meal a day but I don't burn it off. Our house has an exercise bike, but it's in the basement where my sister dwells, her being a volatile early teenager who thinks that everything in the basement is hers. I have alcohol for my antidepressant

Exercise bike is great because no one has to see you use it.. (if you're selfconscious).. and it's RIGHT THERE...   vs going to the gym, driving, showering, put shoes on, etc..

Can't you move the exercise bike?  is the sister using it?  if you're 185cm and BIG,  couldn't u just easily man-handle your teenage sister?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #187 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 00:58:34 »
Tp4 pls

ReddIt's malefashionadvice subreddit has some good guides for stuff like this. I'm too tired to link them, but they shouldn't be a hard find.

Offline Saf_Rimons

• Industrial Designer
« Reply #188 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 05:51:52 »

[/quote

I ended up changing my mind completely for a pair of N&F Elephant 4s, I really wanted some heavyweight and they were perfect. I found the on sale on some Canadian site and had to scoop them, been wearing them for a week and man are they starchy. I realized I couldn't justify buying a pair of $300 pair of raws that aren't even a good fit for me, I am a pretty skinny  person and tight straight would only do me so much. I spent the rest of my money that I saved on Kith and other stuff to go with my new pair, gotta start off the next semester right no doubt.

OLKB Planck Lo-Pro

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 06:45:12 »
Lay off the booze. That'll help you drop some pounds. Walk where you're going instead of driving (if it's not super far away). Eat three smaller meals a day instead of one so your metabolism isn't all wonky. Stay away from carbohydrates for the most part. Exercise in some other manner than an exercise bike, which is protected by your sister.

Those things will start you in a positive direction. Add to it as necessary.

Also, y'all still wearing fancy clothes? Good stuff.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #190 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 15:13:56 »

[/quote

I ended up changing my mind completely for a pair of N&F Elephant 4s, I really wanted some heavyweight and they were perfect. I found the on sale on some Canadian site and had to scoop them, been wearing them for a week and man are they starchy. I realized I couldn't justify buying a pair of $300 pair of raws that aren't even a good fit for me, I am a pretty skinny  person and tight straight would only do me so much. I spent the rest of my money that I saved on Kith and other stuff to go with my new pair, gotta start off the next semester right no doubt.

:thumb:

Offline danwomansan

« Reply #191 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 15:30:14 »
Tp4 pls

ReddIt's malefashionadvice subreddit has some good guides for stuff like this. I'm too tired to link them, but they shouldn't be a hard find.

Lay off the booze. That'll help you drop some pounds. Walk where you're going instead of driving (if it's not super far away). Eat three smaller meals a day instead of one so your metabolism isn't all wonky. Stay away from carbohydrates for the most part. Exercise in some other manner than an exercise bike, which is protected by your sister.

Those things will start you in a positive direction. Add to it as necessary.

Also, y'all still wearing fancy clothes? Good stuff.

no vehicle anyways, and the meal is already really small and surrounded by small snacks throughout the day...

male fashion advice is no good for women

anyways I'm sorry for mentioning it, I know how to fix my problem but I just don't do it. And I know how to look for clothes for people of my size, I just haven't been able to get new clothes in a while.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #192 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 15:32:27 »
Not enough pics in here.  I'll take some more shots soon.  Got some new stuff. :cool:

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #193 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 15:35:25 »
Not enough pics in here.  I'll take some more shots soon.  Got some new stuff. :cool:
I got one picture of me wearing a seductive bear suit, may save it for a donation to gh or smth
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #194 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 15:55:44 »
My new J Crew sweater comes today ^-^

Pics later

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #195 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 16:01:43 »
i wish my hats would show up in the mail

they're supposed to come today

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #196 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 16:33:14 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #197 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 16:36:58 »
Show Image

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

fit grids are so cool

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #198 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 16:37:04 »

Show Image

I really love these grid style posts. Let me dig up some I have saved.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #199 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 18:35:03 »
Today

IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"