Author Topic: Right Windows key not working with Realforce R2  (Read 1704 times)

Offline directheatedtriode

Right Windows key not working with Realforce R2
« on: Mon, 07 September 2020, 09:11:33 »
I bought a used 55g Realforce R2 and the right Windows key isn't working. I have another R2 as well as a silent R2 and the right and left Windows keys work on those.

Just wondering if there is anything I can do to trouble shoot this before returning it? Like should I give the Realforce software a try that the previous owner might have disabled in the firmware? Thanks.

In the RF software, you have the option to lock certain keys.  Did you load the RF Software and take a look?

Could be that they reprogrammed it in the software and changed it to MAC or something and it is saved on the memory. You should download the software first and see if remapping works.

I am not a Realforce R2 expert though.

Yes that worked, just had to download the software and select the lock slider, then save that to the keyboard. Now both Win keys work on all PCs, doesn't need the Realforce software installed.
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 September 2020, 14:39:21 by directheatedtriode »

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Re: Right Windows key not working with Realforce R2
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 06:43:20 »
Could be that they reprogrammed it in the software and changed it to MAC or something and it is saved on the memory. You should download the software first and see if remapping works.

I am not a Realforce R2 expert though.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Polymer

Re: Right Windows key not working with Realforce R2
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 13:58:04 »
In the RF software, you have the option to lock certain keys.  Did you load the RF Software and take a look?