Author Topic: [GB] GMK Necro | Available on Originative.co  (Read 158751 times)

Offline MikeTheTiger

Re: [GB] GMK Necro | Big update
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 17:26:46 »
Jess, I just got a weird message about the eCheck payment from DMKey being declined by the sender's bank. Any idea what that is about?

Hi yes, I was just made aware of this and know exactly what's going on.

Basically, Paypal refunded everyone but pulled the money from my personal bank account instead of my business one.
This should, hopefully, be a quick and easy fix. Very sorry about this, but it should all be resolved in the next couple of days.

Thanks for your patience

Oh crap, hope PayPal didn’t wipe you out.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #201 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 17:40:43 »
O dang that sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Starius

« Reply #202 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 18:13:34 »
I got a email from Originative with a direct link to purchase the Necro set. 
It looks like they imported in all the contact info of people who purchased from DMKeys originally? 

I guess we've gotten first invite at the buy because (as of this posting) the Originative Co. link that was posted earlier to their GMK Necro page doesn't work anymore.

Any who, I've ordered the set once again.

We'll overcome these obstacles and get the set made in the end!

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
« Reply #203 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 18:54:57 »
Jess, I just got a weird message about the eCheck payment from DMKey being declined by the sender's bank. Any idea what that is about?

Hi yes, I was just made aware of this and know exactly what's going on.

Basically, Paypal refunded everyone but pulled the money from my personal bank account instead of my business one.
This should, hopefully, be a quick and easy fix. Very sorry about this, but it should all be resolved in the next couple of days.

Thanks for your patience

Oh crap, hope PayPal didn’t wipe you out.

I'll be fine, everything should be easy to get sorted since all the money is here

Offline djfunh8r

« Reply #204 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 20:23:07 »
Paypal refund says: "We're processing your refund and your money will be available on May 30, 2018."

Why does Originative automatically get my order info and billing information?  Pass.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #205 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 20:24:37 »
Paypal refund says: "We're processing your refund and your money will be available on May 30, 2018."

Why does Originative automatically get my order info and billing information?  Pass.
Originative is running the buy now.  I liked that the switch was this easy.  Not sure how that's a negative

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Starius

« Reply #206 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 20:39:20 »

That's a Paypal issue. 
My credit card was refunded back on May 13th. 

Offline jessica

« Reply #207 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 22:30:01 »

Originative is running the buy, so I gave them all of my customers contact info to make it as easy on everyone as possible :)

If that puts you off, that's your decision to make.

Offline Arioch

« Reply #208 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 03:13:44 »

Originative is running the buy, so I gave them all of my customers contact info to make it as easy on everyone as possible :)

It's not just djfunh8r's personal opinion, when it comes to Europeans customers sharing personal information among companies without explicit consent is considered illegal and will be enforced upon starting the 25th of this month: source.

Just a heads-up for future GB's.

Personally I don't mind if it's done with respect for the customers and for the right reasons as was done in this case.

Offline urbantheii

« Reply #209 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 07:29:35 »

Do they already know that we previously ordered from DMkeys, or do we still have to put our order number in the notes section to be considered for the raffle?

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #210 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 08:20:00 »
It looks like they imported in all the contact info of people who purchased from DMKeys originally? 

I guess we've gotten first invite at the buy because (as of this posting) the Originative Co. link that was posted earlier to their GMK Necro page doesn't work anymore.

I didn't get an email from Originative.. I'd like to order ASAP...  (I was in the DMKeys gb).  Did I miss something?

Offline Nzo

• wish I was back in CA
« Reply #211 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 08:40:01 »

I’m assuming you only provided email addresses correct?

I personally don’t mind, but I highly recommend against this in the future. With GDPR, someone could technically enforce some hefty fines on you without litigation.

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #212 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 11:21:08 »
Is this going to be open to people that hadn't yet joined on dmkeys?

Offline Starius

« Reply #213 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 17:51:29 »

I didn't get an email from Originative.. I'd like to order ASAP...  (I was in the DMKeys gb).  Did I miss something?

Hmmm, I don't know what to tell you there.  Make sure you check your spam filters.... but perhaps they're sending the buy links out in waves? 
The invoice I got was a Shopify invoice sent from contact@originativeco.com. 

Offline jessica

« Reply #214 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 03:41:46 »
Is this going to be open to people that hadn't yet joined on dmkeys?

Will open in about 10 days :)

Offline jessica

« Reply #215 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 03:44:08 »

Go ahead and email Dylan@DMKeys.com with your order info and I'll make sure Oco has the right info.

I really should get my own email log in for my own website instead of using the one my cousin made when he set it up... :thinking:

Offline elfick

« Reply #216 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 10:02:12 »

Go ahead and email Dylan@DMKeys.com with your order info and I'll make sure Oco has the right info.

I really should get my own email log in for my own website instead of using the one my cousin made when he set it up... :thinking:
Brazzers,
Do you know if peeps that hadn't yet gotten in on the GB will have a chance to join or is OCo just buying the rest and selling them at a markup?

Offline jessica

« Reply #217 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 13:00:09 »

Brazzers,
Do you know if peeps that hadn't yet gotten in on the GB will have a chance to join or is OCo just buying the rest and selling them at a markup?

Everyone else will still be able to get in at gb prices :) I'm not sure if there is a limit or not though, so keep your eyes peeled!

Offline elfick

« Reply #218 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 13:29:20 »

Brazzers,

Everyone else will still be able to get in at gb prices :) I'm not sure if there is a limit or not though, so keep your eyes peeled!
Will do!

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #219 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 15:38:09 »
Will do!

that's weird, can i please unsee that

Offline Nzo

• wish I was back in CA
« Reply #220 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 13:19:58 »
Just joined OCO's GB!

Offline Starius

« Reply #221 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 13:53:38 »
I really don't know why they're waiting to open up the public page for Necro.... unless they don't want it to interfere with Honeywell buying at the moment. 
But I don't see much conflict here.  Most people are going to prefer one over the other, and not struggle between deciding which one of the two they'd want to buy. 

Offline elfick

« Reply #222 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 18:00:44 »
I really don't know why they're waiting to open up the public page for Necro.... unless they don't want it to interfere with Honeywell buying at the moment. 
But I don't see much conflict here.  Most people are going to prefer one over the other, and not struggle between deciding which one of the two they'd want to buy.
The only reason I can see is because they are going to buy out the rest of the set to sell at retail price. I'd be really unhappy with this as I was planning on joining the GB but was in no hurry since it was specifically stated there was no end date. I think that would be really uncool strategy so I'm hoping that isn't the case.

Edit: their news now has this:
"NECRO sets are being invoiced, so please be on a look out for that. If you had a DMKEY order, did not get an invoice order from us, please let us know to be entered for the special raffle :)"
So I'm definitely getting concerned that the GB is now effectively closed.

Offline jessica

« Reply #223 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 21:52:52 »
The only reason I can see is because they are going to buy out the rest of the set to sell at retail price. I'd be really unhappy with this as I was planning on joining the GB but was in no hurry since it was specifically stated there was no end date. I think that would be really uncool strategy so I'm hoping that isn't the case.

"NECRO sets are being invoiced, so please be on a look out for that. If you had a DMKEY order, did not get an invoice order from us, please let us know to be entered for the special raffle :)"

Just made it completely clear with Sheraton, and there WILL be a normal group buy, he's just letting my customers get in first for their chance at a Fugu. Regular GB opens soon

Offline Tally810

« Reply #224 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 21:55:02 »

Just made it completely clear with Sheraton, and there WILL be a normal group buy, he's just letting my customers get in first for their chance at a Fugu. Regular GB opens soon
Any news on the refund?

Offline Starius

« Reply #225 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 22:01:45 »

Thank you for the clarification, Brazzers!

Offline jessica

« Reply #226 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 22:17:16 »

Any news on the refund?

My bank doesn't tend to do anything on Sundays, so I'm gonna both Paypal and my bank a call tomorrow, and make sure it gets taken care of as quickly as possible. Very sorry about the delays, this honestly should have been resolved by now :/

Offline Nzo

• wish I was back in CA
« Reply #227 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 07:40:22 »
My refund was already posted back to my CC. Might be up to banks/credit card at this point

Offline elfick

« Reply #228 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 10:33:26 »

That's great news, thanks Brazzers!

Offline jessica

« Reply #229 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 13:57:11 »
My refund was already posted back to my CC. Might be up to banks/credit card at this point

About $3,000 worth of orders have been refunded. The remaining ~7k are what's held up right now

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #230 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 12:07:33 »
Hey Jessica, I'm just trying to get a better understanding re: alpha colors and which renders are closest to what we might expect for alpha colors. I have here the GMK render from the IC. The colors in general appear to be more washed out than the render in the GB OP. Just wondering if maybe colors when slightly modified since the GMK render/which render you think is probably the most accurate representation of the alpha base color.

Offline Arioch

« Reply #231 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 03:30:31 »
Anyone know a nice 60% case to match this set?
Preferably aluminum. Black is too harsh, silver too plain, ... Ah, first world problems.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 May 2018, 03:33:11 by Arioch »

Offline Starius

« Reply #232 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 05:09:40 »
Anyone know a nice 60% case to match this set?
Preferably aluminum. Black is too harsh, silver too plain, ... Ah, first world problems.

I've been thinking of a wood case.
You know, to symbolize a coffin.
;)

Offline Arioch

« Reply #233 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 06:48:20 »
Interesting line of thought there.
Now onto picking a wood stain. ^-^

Offline Tally810

« Reply #234 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 09:16:17 »
Just got an email saying that the refund could not be completed and was cancelled.

Offline urbantheii

« Reply #235 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 09:19:18 »
Just got an email saying that the refund could not be completed and was cancelled.

Same here

Offline txclack

« Reply #236 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 09:53:52 »

Same here

Same.  Just to give a few more details, I just received the email that stated that "the Refund Did Not Complete". 

After logging in to PayPal, my "pending order" is no longer listed and I do not have any funds refunded.

So, yes, the refund has been cancelled.

Offline xosk

« Reply #237 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 12:16:25 »
I also received that email

Offline jessica

« Reply #238 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 12:27:09 »
Hello, what a way to start my morning...

So, IDK what the Hell Paypal did. I'm gonna spend the day on the phone with them to get this all sorted, because frankly this should have been sorted ages ago.

I'm very sorry for all the inconvenience this has caused, and thank you all for being understanding of the ****-show that is Paypal

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #239 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 12:42:25 »
Echoing what others have said; I received a similar "refund failed" this morning. Good luck with PayPal, Jessica! I'm sure it will get sorted out eventually.

Offline txclack

« Reply #240 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 13:07:39 »
Thanks Jessica <3

Offline jessica

« Reply #241 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 13:20:27 »
First phonecall complete.

Paypal should be fixed, now I just need to call my bank and get THAT end sorted.

Dear lord please work

Edit: Off the phone with my bank, back on with Paypal. In the home stretch, I believe.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 May 2018, 18:07:47 by Brazzers »

Offline Starius

« Reply #242 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 13:52:13 »
I sure am glad I had used a credit card and avoid the Paypal hassle.  Feel bad it's happening to all you guys though. 

But when you have this Necro set right in front of you finally, you can look back at all these mishaps and false starts as a badge of honor for finally making it a reality. 

To me, that sort of history adds value to the final product. 

Offline Starius

« Reply #243 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 13:55:21 »
Interesting line of thought there.
Now onto picking a wood stain. ^-^

I've had my eye on this one here lately....
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=95359.0;topicseen

Offline goodman247

• It's confirmed, I'm an idiot.
« Reply #244 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 13:26:55 »
Hi!! Just wondering if there is any update on the GB for US market. Thanks!!

Offline txclack

« Reply #245 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 15:19:23 »
Just received my refund on PayPal.  Thanks Jessica for taking the time to sort that out!

Offline Tally810

« Reply #246 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 16:26:53 »
Just received my refund on PayPal.  Thanks Jessica for taking the time to sort that out!
Nice still nothing here

Offline captaincalamari

« Reply #247 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 17:48:38 »
still nothing for me either. bummer, just waiting to get the refund to join in again

Offline jessica

« Reply #248 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 18:24:47 »
Hi!! Just wondering if there is any update on the GB for US market. Thanks!!

The buy page for Originative will be up in a couple days!

Offline jessica

« Reply #249 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 18:25:16 »
still nothing for me either. bummer, just waiting to get the refund to join in again

Will have it sorted in the next day or so, hopefully. Everything seems to be clearing out nicely