Author Topic: Bug Reports  (Read 577431 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: Bug Reports
« Reply #1000 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 23:48:46 »
Is it just me, or is the whole forum been intermittently down lately?

I haven't noticed anything. However, that doesn't mean it's not the case. There were hardware issues a couple weeks ago, is it more recent than that that you're noticing this issue?

slowdowns have been more frequent since the hardware outage in my experience
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline haydoselefantes

« Reply #1001 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 12:56:38 »
I haven't noticed anything. However, that doesn't mean it's not the case. There were hardware issues a couple weeks ago, is it more recent than that that you're noticing this issue?
I’ve been getting timeouts where the whole site fails to load multiple times per day. From my home WiFi, work WiF, and AT&T cellular.  It took multiple attempts to both post my initial report and to check for replies.

I will start trying to jot down the times and network I’m on when I notice it.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1002 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 13:07:58 »
Definitely been slower since that hardware failure. Was quite bad a week or so ago.

Offline haydoselefantes

« Reply #1003 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 14:35:15 »
I’ve been getting timeouts where the whole site fails to load multiple times per day. From my home WiFi, work WiF, and AT&T cellular.  It took multiple attempts to both post my initial report and to check for replies.

I will start trying to jot down the times and network I’m on when I notice it.
I think I'm crying wolf.  When I sat down to work on it during lunch (now), I realized that I can hit geekhack from our guest corporate wifi network, but not from our regular corporate wifi.

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #1004 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 16:18:20 »
There may be some issues reaching the site from certain networks.  We are looking into why this happened.  As far as slowness, I haven't noticed anything but I will see what I can do.
Russ

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #1005 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 18:45:38 »
I get a lot of broken image links on my iPhone and iPad at the moment. May be an ios12 issue (beta), posting here to see if it’s a know issue or perhaps non-beta-ios12 users have the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1006 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 22:31:12 »
I get a lot of broken image links on my iPhone and iPad at the moment. May be an ios12 issue (beta), posting here to see if it’s a know issue or perhaps non-beta-ios12 users have the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

also having this issue on win10
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1007 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 00:11:31 »
Okay, now I'm getting broken imgur links. Using macOS with Google Chrome.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1008 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 13:50:52 »
We're aware of the issue.  It's being looked into.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1009 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 15:30:02 »

nice

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #1010 on: Thu, 28 June 2018, 21:36:25 »

Imgur blocked Geekhack from hotlinking images.  Details here.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #1011 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 10:18:49 »
Imgur blocked Geekhack from hotlinking images.
Which might be a mistake on their end. More here.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1012 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 12:14:00 »
just for the sake of logging, the issue has been fixed

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1013 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 18:04:53 »
There is a hardware fault with part of the server that this site is on (as far as I understand), and imav is working on a solution.  In the meantime, apologies for all the errors and downtime.

Going to have a lot to answer for if it transpires that the server's keyboard broke.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #1014 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 14:34:58 »
Trying to access https://geekhack.org keeps giving me this:

I have to visit a different page (i.e. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94265.0) in order to see the site.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline Matt@Drop

• * Administrator
    • Massdrop
« Reply #1015 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 17:20:31 »
Trying to access https://geekhack.org keeps giving me this:

Show Image

I have to visit a different page (i.e. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94265.0) in order to see the site.

Apologies on this, we are working on making the site more resilient to some traffic spikes that were coming in, and Varnish decided to cache a few items we weren't wanting it to cache. I have updated the config for Varnish and am no longer seeing the redirect issue that you are speaking of. We were able to repro, but not again since I've fixed the cache url mapping.

Cheers,

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1016 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 17:42:28 »
I had the same issue and it appears to have been fixed.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1017 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 12:40:55 »
Chrome is reporting a bad cert.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1018 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 13:13:51 »
Chrome is reporting a bad cert.

The cert is valid, I think it's just showing up like that due to there being unsecured content on the site (i.e. links to images from outside sites that are unsecured).
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #1019 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 04:09:29 »
I'm getting a 503 when I try to upload a full-size inline image

https://i.imgur.com/2yJJnct.png

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1020 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 07:55:10 »

Same thing happened to me the other day.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #1021 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 08:35:46 »

Image uploading is really buggy atm :( We've notified Matt, but I don't know how long it'll take [:
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #1022 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 23:07:55 »
Sometimes emojis appear as emojis, but other times they appear broken and appear in their expanded character form. Why does this occur?

Examples here:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33569.msg2705727#msg2705727

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33569.msg2703779#msg2703779

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1023 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 00:06:55 »
Sometimes emojis appear as emojis, but other times they appear broken and appear in their expanded character form. Why does this occur?

Examples here:

It seems to only do it when you quote someone (but not every time).

Been like that for a loooong time.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #1024 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 00:07:56 »

Examples here:

Thanks for the info!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1025 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 00:08:26 »

Examples here:

it happens when someone quotes a post with an image in it.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1026 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 08:15:42 »
user kmiller8 can't log in idk why
I love Elzy

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #1027 on: Sat, 09 February 2019, 21:01:50 »
Not sure if this is a bug or perhaps some weird setting I can't find, but I'm having an issue with email notifications after "X" amount of time. Best I can tell (after months of this) is that if I don't stay active in a thread, I'll stop getting topic notification emails for no apparent reason. Some notes:
  • Topic still shows I'm set to "Watch/Notify"
  • Threads still show in my Notifications panel. Pic: https://i.imgur.com/2s4Pcp3.jpg
  • Checked they are not going to spam
  • If I post in the topic again with anything, it'll reset the timer and work again for a few weeks
In the pic above, I'm getting proper notifications in the top/bottom threads (no "new" icon on the left because I'm reading them) but the middle two I haven't got a notification in weeks. Any ideas/advice appreciated  :thumb:

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1028 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 12:42:15 »
Not sure if this is a bug or perhaps some weird setting I can't find, but I'm having an issue with email notifications after "X" amount of time. Best I can tell (after months of this) is that if I don't stay active in a thread, I'll stop getting topic notification emails for no apparent reason. Some notes:
  • Topic still shows I'm set to "Watch/Notify"
  • Threads still show in my Notifications panel. Pic: https://i.imgur.com/2s4Pcp3.jpg
  • Checked they are not going to spam
  • If I post in the topic again with anything, it'll reset the timer and work again for a few weeks
In the pic above, I'm getting proper notifications in the top/bottom threads (no "new" icon on the left because I'm reading them) but the middle two I haven't got a notification in weeks. Any ideas/advice appreciated  :thumb:

Hmmmm. You have notification emails set to come immediately, but only for the first unread reply. Can you confirm for me if you need to actually post in the thread, or will it start sending notifications again if you just catch up on the unread posts?

It's possible that notification emails are sporadically getting lost, and since you haven't gotten the notification to go back and read the thread, it stops sending new emails.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #1029 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 23:13:36 »
Hmmmm. You have notification emails set to come immediately, but only for the first unread reply. Can you confirm for me if you need to actually post in the thread, or will it start sending notifications again if you just catch up on the unread posts?

It's possible that notification emails are sporadically getting lost, and since you haven't gotten the notification to go back and read the thread, it stops sending new emails.

Interesting idea, I haven't really paid attention to if just viewing it fixes it. That said, I'll test it ASAP. I found the two most recent threads in my Notifications section that I'm not getting emails for (both of which posted on today) and simply viewed the final page, making sure the checkbox for new posts went away on the Notifications page. I'll wait a day or two and see if messages come back. If not, I'll make a post and confirm thee show up after that. Thanks!  :thumb:

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #1030 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 15:43:26 »

After some testing it seems the threads that I catch up on DO start notifying again, regardless of me posting or not. So perhaps the ones that I'm not getting any more mean that I missed the first notification email and it doesn't send more because it's set to "only for first unread reply". I figure if I set it to Instantly that'll override that and I'll get notifications for everything, regardless of if I checked it or not, is that right? Perhaps that's the easiest workaround.

Edit: Confirmed, setting it to "Immediately" causes them all to show up again. Apparently the other setting (first new reply only) gives only one chance for it to alert me. So while it doesn't explain where those mails are going (Gmail spam is clean), I'm happy to be getting updates. Thanks!
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 February 2019, 02:49:51 by SeedyOne »

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1031 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 00:25:04 »

After some testing it seems the threads that I catch up on DO start notifying again, regardless of me posting or not. So perhaps the ones that I'm not getting any more mean that I missed the first notification email and it doesn't send more because it's set to "only for first unread reply". I figure if I set it to Instantly that'll override that and I'll get notifications for everything, regardless of if I checked it or not, is that right? Perhaps that's the easiest workaround.

Edit: Confirmed, setting it to "Immediately" causes them all to show up again. Apparently the other setting (first new reply only) gives only one chance for it to alert me. So while it doesn't explain where those mails are going (Gmail spam is clean), I'm happy to be getting updates. Thanks!

Glad to hear it's working now -- not entirely sure what's going on with the missing emails, but will pass it along to someone who might know.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #1032 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 10:30:16 »
For the past couple of days, I'm not receiving any email notifications for thread replies and personal messages.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1033 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 13:37:05 »
For the past couple of days, I'm not receiving any email notifications for thread replies and personal messages.

You are not alone!  This issue has been noted by the mod team, and we're looking into it.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1034 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 14:28:49 »
user kmiller8's still banned?
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1035 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 21:49:35 »

Is that a bug or a feature?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1036 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 21:49:56 »

Is that a bug or a feature?

depends on who you ask

Offline killermax

« Reply #1037 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 10:18:42 »
Hi,

If found a really wierd bug. When I log into geekhack via Firefox, it says that i've been banned indefinitely. However, I can login via chrome and other browsers.

I dont know the reason why i've been banned. I dont think I've done anything that violates the rules.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1038 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 11:25:32 »
Hi,

If found a really wierd bug. When I log into geekhack via Firefox, it says that i've been banned indefinitely. However, I can login via chrome and other browsers.

I dont know the reason why i've been banned. I dont think I've done anything that violates the rules.

You might try clearing the cache on your firefox browser and see if that helps.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1039 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 22:53:29 »
Hi,

It's not really your browser but rather the IP address used at that time.  I've checked the ban log.  The IP range you used intersected with one we banned in the past for a persistent member with a lot of alt accounts.  Sorry for the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 May 2019, 22:55:09 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline killermax

« Reply #1040 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 22:58:43 »
Hi,

You might try clearing the cache on your firefox browser and see if that helps.

Thanks. That worked like magic!

Hi,

It's not really your browser but rather the IP address used at that time.  I've checked the ban log.  The IP range you used intersected with one we banned in the past for a persistent member with a lot of alt accounts.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

No worries and thanks for checking it.

Offline LazyDog

• My personal site
« Reply #1041 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 11:08:57 »
My post counter is broken! For some reason it's stopped incrementing. I can go to Profile > Show Posts and my oldest post is clearly numbered 29 (as of this writing), but the counter under my name is stuck at 23, and doesn't change if I make another post! This is a problem for me because it means I can't make any threads anywhere in the Marketplace. Is this a sitewide problem or some problem effecting only my account for some reason? Or am I misunderstanding something about how the counter works? Thanks.

Edit: Okay it worked that time for some reason. So maybe posts on Off Topic don't count or something.
<-- Epilepsy and music autoplay warning there

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1042 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 14:04:40 »
My post counter is broken! For some reason it's stopped incrementing. I can go to Profile > Show Posts and my oldest post is clearly numbered 29 (as of this writing), but the counter under my name is stuck at 23, and doesn't change if I make another post! This is a problem for me because it means I can't make any threads anywhere in the Marketplace. Is this a sitewide problem or some problem effecting only my account for some reason? Or am I misunderstanding something about how the counter works? Thanks.

Edit: Okay it worked that time for some reason. So maybe posts on Off Topic don't count or something.

that is exactly it

some forums don't count

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1043 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 14:26:33 »

Artisan Services, Off Topic, New Members, and Marketplace are the four that don't count iirc.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1044 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 12:14:18 »

Why aren't my posts being counted?  :thumb:

Just posted a long-overdue reference for exactly this question.  :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1045 on: Fri, 21 June 2019, 06:06:36 »
Can't edit posts in member auction sub. Is it just me or is it a bug or feature??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1046 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 02:20:00 »
Can't edit posts in member auction sub. Is it just me or is it a bug or feature??

Not sure... will look into it!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1047 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 11:33:07 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1048 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 13:35:13 »
Show Image

romevi has reached peak boredom

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1049 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 15:26:49 »

Not sure... will look into it!

Looks like it was an oversight in some board permissions -- should be fixed now!