Author Topic: The GH shoe thread  (Read 450283 times)

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
Re: The GH shoe thread
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 14:34:08 »
niketalker
Aww man, now I have to go drool over some shoes.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 16:34:57 »
Yes Ukraine pricing was (is?) a lot less on many goods, also same for some other countries like Romania that may still be considered as emerging market for certain things. I think I also bought them at the end of the season on mark down. It's been quite awhile so I don't really remember.
Ah gotcha. I don't think it was a markdown though, Louis Vuitton never goes on markdown regardless of season, this is done to sustain its price and status in the market similar to Channel. If there is any unsold bags it has been said that they destroy them for the same reasons above and Channel also does the same thing.
Keyboardless

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 17:56:21 »
Show Image

top 5 favorite shoes of all time!!

here's what i wear out to bars/etc/not riding my bike, except i colored all the white parts black with a marker. oh, they have laces too.

these are my all arounders

on the bike:

also have a decent pair of dressy shoes that i wear to dance parties/clubs pretty much exclusively (so about once a week), and some timberland chukkas when i go cold/wet places.
if i didn't ride bmx i would probably have nicer shoes but i value being able to beat up my footwear rather than covet it. used to be into sneakers but that **** is a racket. PM me if you want an old pair of Ice Creams or the Emerica Don Juan Bishop high tops, in 10 or 10.5 :P
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 January 2013, 17:58:51 by sth »
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 00:04:12 »
Too many sneakers in this thread.

My regular go to has been my Clark's desert boots. Anyone else in the desert boots crew? :)

I used to, but they went obsolete when I discovered the Redback boots that EMTs wear:

http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=23541

They weight about the same as dessies, but last a lot  longer, grip in the wet - grip on almost anything - and are even more comfortable - there's nothing like them if you're going to be on your feet for a long time. Plus the half sizes are really extra wides, which I love. You can get them in suede or waxed leather. They're also made with non-slave labour, which is nice.

Offline iri

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 02:00:31 »
these on my feet today.

12509-0
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Batmann

The GH shoe thread
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 10:51:46 »
here's what i wear out to bars/etc/not riding my bike, except i colored all the white parts black with a marker. oh, they have laces too.
Show Image

these are my all arounders
Show Image

on the bike:
Show Image

also have a decent pair of dressy shoes that i wear to dance parties/clubs pretty much exclusively (so about once a week), and some timberland chukkas when i go cold/wet places.
if i didn't ride bmx i would probably have nicer shoes but i value being able to beat up my footwear rather than covet it. used to be into sneakers but that **** is a racket. PM me if you want an old pair of Ice Creams or the Emerica Don Juan Bishop high tops, in 10 or 10.5 :P

Someone here likes it black!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 11:05:51 »
I got a pair of these as a gift from a good friend...

Bonus points to whoever can name the inspiration.

Sadly, because of my chronic foot/leg/hip/back/abdomen issues, I can only wear these ugly monsters...

They do not let my foot roll inwards because the sole is wide and doesn't have contour inwards at the arch.

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline llovro

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 16:06:03 »
I got these:
http://www.chill.hr/wp-content/uploads/tenisice_dc_radar_slim_se_black_tan.jpg
They are pretty sick if you ask me. I payed like 90€ for em.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 16:10:13 »
these on my feet today.

(Attachment Link)

Those are hot. Needs some new laces though!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 19:33:07 »

Show Image

the lows were UGLY tho.

and your link says de la soul :P
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 19:34:34 »

colors are for the weak of personality
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline dohboi

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 02:45:42 »
SBs everywhere! Stahp it guise. I can't look at shoes again too.

Offline Ovoxo

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 03:18:56 »
The most hyped shoes ever

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 03:57:56 »
First Yeezy I thought was pretty sweet but I only liked the black/hot pink colourway though

Didn't have time to line up for like 4 days and the resale was so high I didn't really bother to track a pair down
Keyboardless

Offline iri

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 08:25:26 »
these on my feet today.

(Attachment Link)

Those are hot. Needs some new laces though!
oh noes, they sit on my feet just perfect with those laces.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline verbhal

• twitch.tv/verbhal
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 13:55:57 »
Ovoxo - You sure got that right, the hype around the Yeezy 2's was insane.  I had all 3 of the original colors, but ended up selling the black/pinks.  Also I agree about the Roshe Runs.  They are what I wear pretty much every day when I'm not wearing something crazy.  Such a comfortable shoe, like wearing awesome slippers.

demik - I totally understand the love for the Jordan IV.  It was my first Jordan and will always be special.  I have been grabbing pairs of the retros, but they just aren't the same.  My buddy actually wrote a blog post about my story with the Jordan IV.  He also has some other shoe related posts on there, but he has been so busy he hasn't been able to blog recently.  Check it out http://www.dsicle.com/blog/2011/3/8/sneakerheads-already-know-what-these-kicks-aremdash-an.html

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 14:16:36 »
This is the strangest thing I've seen. Men collecting shoes... I thought that was for women? ;)

Offline Rendom

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 14:20:19 »
Ovoxo - You sure got that right, the hype around the Yeezy 2's was insane.  I had all 3 of the original colors, but ended up selling the black/pinks.  Also I agree about the Roshe Runs.  They are what I wear pretty much every day when I'm not wearing something crazy.  Such a comfortable shoe, like wearing awesome slippers.

demik - I totally understand the love for the Jordan IV.  It was my first Jordan and will always be special.  I have been grabbing pairs of the retros, but they just aren't the same.  My buddy actually wrote a blog post about my story with the Jordan IV.  He also has some other shoe related posts on there, but he has been so busy he hasn't been able to blog recently.  Check it out http://www.dsicle.com/blog/2011/3/8/sneakerheads-already-know-what-these-kicks-aremdash-an.html

Where you get it from and how much? OMG I can't find any in the UK so sad. Such a pair of sexy shoes.
QFR - MX Blue

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 16:50:54 »
Whoa!

Soul-searching moment here!

Now, first, I am a 60-year old man, who tends to hang onto things, so my collections are a bit warped.

Perspective: I have been wearing shoes since Harry Truman was president, and still own, and wear (albeit very occasionally), shoes that I bought when Ronald Reagan was president. OK?

So, although I own and love and use, constantly, and prefer, Reagan-era computer keyboards, every keyboard I currently own (with the exception of one Dell AT-101) was bought/found/acquired since Y2K.

But here is my point - I own more pairs of shoes than I do keyboards!

And I absolutely DO NOT consider myself a shoe enthusiast and collector, but I DO consider myself a keyboard enthusiast and collector.

Therefore: I am insane and/or delusional, right?
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 17:02:58 »
This is the strangest thing I've seen. Men collecting shoes... I thought that was for women? ;)

please keep such comments to yourself if you must think such things

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 17:39:15 »
What 99% of nerds wear here in Czechia.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 17:56:26 »

Show Image

the lows were UGLY tho.

Crazy talk. I miss those lows to this day. Ill be glad to post some of my gems when I get home.
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
The GH shoe thread
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 21:10:50 »

Are you serious? I'm trying to have some fun here. :D

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 21:15:31 »

Are you serious? I'm trying to have some fun here. :D

i am serious and i'm sorry you think sexism is fun

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
The GH shoe thread
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 21:39:30 »
That has nothing to do with sexism. It's a fact that women are notorious shoe collectors. I'm sorry that I hurt the lady inside you. :)

Offline sicyo

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 21:54:02 »
I wore Adidas Superstars for probably 10 years but recently I've completely switched over to Onitsuka Tigers. I alternate between these two:

I couldn't believe how comfortable these were, and so light!

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 22:04:38 »
That has nothing to do with sexism. It's a fact that women are notorious shoe collectors. I'm sorry that I hurt the lady inside you. :)
look, i asked you nicely, but you're being an ass about this. ask hashbaz, i'm an expert.

if you're going to play dumb, take it to another forum where other dumb people can laugh at your dumb sexist jokes. it's not welcome here.

sicyo -- nice shoes :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 January 2013, 22:08:23 by sth »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 23:51:41 »

i, too, like to generalize on a topic i know nothing of.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline iri

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 02:08:28 »
I'm sorry that I hurt the lady inside you. :)
lollllllllll

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Batmann

The GH shoe thread
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 05:12:34 »

colors are for the weak of personality

That's what I told Robin before we broke up

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 09:02:18 »
the lows were UGLY tho.

Link saying it or not, I already knew you'd get it quick being that you are the outspoken Wu-Tang, Heiro, etc fan on the forum. ;D Question was aimed for you to answer, really.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 10:31:57 »
sorry sth, hope we're cool.

on topic:
I've had a couple of nike's in my life, but mainly the lower ones.

So, whats so special about the "Air"? Are they more comfy then other shoes or what?
I would need a couple of comfy shoes accutally. So I've been looking around some, are these any good?
And explain to me whats so good pls :D

These are a few thats in stock at my local seller

EDIT:

Just realized that I have a couple of Nike wrestling shoes at home somewhere.
Very similar to this model
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 January 2013, 10:35:12 by phetto »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 01:05:20 »
I'm seeing a lot of people with normal sized feet all up ins.

That being said, I don't have any cool looking shoes at the moment.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
The GH shoe thread
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 01:15:50 »
casual friday, ditched the dress shoes   

Keyboardless

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #84 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 01:57:53 »
I got into sneakers for a sec in highschool... sure didn't keep them in the box though, ruined them skating,

I rocked the low version of this set I scored on a trip to Germany.

Tacky but whatever, GOLD  :cool:

Offline dohboi

« Reply #85 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 02:36:33 »
casual friday, ditched the dress shoes   

always wanted a pair. couldn't get myself to spend the money for a pair though.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #86 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 16:38:38 »
Ok, I am the only one who thinks these are hot as hell?

http://sneakerbardetroit.com/2013/02/air-jordan-year-of-the-snake-pack-release-update/

If anyone in the sneaker world knows where these are going to be released...I think the 2nd release was pushed back the 9th...lemme know. I'm in nowhere Ontario and don't think I have any way to get them other than eBay marked up, unless I find some sort of amazing proxy.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 February 2013, 16:56:14 by Halverson »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #87 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 16:47:25 »
Ok, I am the only one who thinks these are hot as hell?
Show Image

http://sneakerbardetroit.com/2013/02/air-jordan-year-of-the-snake-pack-release-update/

I'd buy a pair if they were in bigfoot sizes.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 16:52:31 »
Bigfoot?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 17:15:08 »
Sharks wear shoes?

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 17:17:34 »
I don't quite understand the shoe collectors, but then again most people probably don't understand (not here) my interest in keyboards.

Give me a nice pair of combat boots any day.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #91 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 17:19:58 »
Bigfoot?

You're Canadian, that seemed like an apropos comparison to my foot size.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 17:20:09 »
Sharks wear shoes?

Gotta keep the tail fins clean on the streets!

I don't quite understand the shoe collectors, but then again most people probably don't understand (not here) my interest in keyboards.

I don't collect, I wear. I just have an absurd taste, and only expensive limited editions seem to be what I crave.

Bigfoot?

Hah! Well if you are bigger than a 14, yes, bigfoot indeed! I would figure most shoes go up to that size these days.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 February 2013, 17:23:05 by Halverson »

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #93 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 17:22:09 »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #94 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 17:23:36 »
^ Yuss! That's what I'm talkin about! Street sharks rock footwear.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #95 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 20:21:39 »
Another day of no dress shoes!

Keyboardless

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 20:26:55 »
Sharks wear shoes?

Gotta keep the tail fins clean on the streets!

I don't collect, I wear. I just have an absurd taste, and only expensive limited editions seem to be what I crave.

Bigfoot?

Hah! Well if you are bigger than a 14, yes, bigfoot indeed! I would figure most shoes go up to that size these days.

13 is what most places top out at.  But it's not just length, it's girth, too (TWSS).  I have a pair of US14 4E feet.  Not impossible, but not easy, especially for fancy shoes.

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 22:43:05 »
I take a size US 10 - 11 in mens shoes -_-
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 23:16:52 »

So does my sister actually.

Offline iri

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 04:26:06 »
i wear us 11 size, and i'm 185 cm

-Ray Bradbury