Author Topic: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard - Shipping  (Read 248800 times)

Offline Eric404atx

Re: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard - Shipping
« Reply #950 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 17:48:39 »
Miki any update?

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #951 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 18:53:01 »
He sent me the replacement part end of November when im back from my Japan trip.

Edit: I still don't have the previous list on the rma. Gonna see what i can do when im back.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 November 2018, 18:58:49 by Mikiberry »

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #952 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 10:27:43 »
Anyone know what resistors the OG board uses/ I found one of my pcb to be missing a single resistor on a key.

Or any other resistor sku I can use instead. Thanks!

bump

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #953 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 10:30:34 »
Anyone know what resistors the OG board uses/ I found one of my pcb to be missing a single resistor on a key.

bump

any smd resistor will do, stock ohmage is probably in the 400-600 range

diodes are 1n4148
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #954 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 18:06:54 »
Thanks

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #955 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 19:50:21 »

bump

diodes are 1n4148

measure/check the package size as well

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #956 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 20:28:57 »

bump

diodes are 1n4148

measure/check the package size as well

Oh tru very important
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline thekingofmean

« Reply #957 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 01:44:00 »
I finally got around to putting this thing together.  One PCB seems to work, no flashing required.  The second one shows up in tkg.io and I followed FactoryDefaults guide and everything seems to flash but none of the keys register.  It doesn't look like there are any missing components.

Any thoughts?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #958 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 01:51:37 »
I finally got around to putting this thing together.  One PCB seems to work, no flashing required.  The second one shows up in tkg.io and I followed FactoryDefaults guide and everything seems to flash but none of the keys register.  It doesn't look like there are any missing components.

Any thoughts?

reflow controller

do it in an oven, don't put an iron near it

although that might be rather extreme

is the daughterboard soldered on properly? check for cold joints there first before putting it into an oven

Offline thekingofmean

« Reply #959 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 11:42:35 »
Thanks.  I think I'll build with the working board for now and put reflowing on my to-do list.

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #960 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 11:38:13 »
I have received 13 replacement pcbs and daughterboards. For those with only PCB problems give me until next week to find a cheap and reliable shipping method to get these to you.
Will invoice shipping cost before shipment. It is late now, I will email those in my listing for address.

Edit: I have yet to receive other replacement parts besides PCB. I am still chasing for it. Please bear with me awhile to sort it out.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 December 2018, 11:45:03 by Mikiberry »

Offline Eric404atx

« Reply #961 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 20:24:37 »
Thanks

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #962 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 06:40:29 »
I have received 13 replacement pcbs and daughterboards. For those with only PCB problems give me until next week to find a cheap and reliable shipping method to get these to you.
Will invoice shipping cost before shipment. It is late now, I will email those in my listing for address.

Show Image

Edit: I have yet to receive other replacement parts besides PCB. I am still chasing for it. Please bear with me awhile to sort it out.

Legend! At well over a year past original expected delivery date, still a lot of bricks around and no sign from zzjayfree for months now, it was more often than not feeling like a lost cause.

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #963 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 06:50:23 »

Show Image

Legend! At well over a year past original expected delivery date, still a lot of bricks around and no sign from zzjayfree for months now, it was more often than not feeling like a lost cause.

Give me some time to source for a cheap shipping method. Singapore is not exactly a place with low cost of living.
Will try to ship out the rest of the stuff asap once I have invoice all for shipping. At least we can conclude this episode.
I am also thinking of looking around my hardware store for JST connectors to link to the daughterboard this weekend. If, a big IF, there is a good cheap way (i.e. less than 2 bucks) to properly connect the pcb to the daughter board via JST connectors I can help to include them at cost, tested at my end to make sure it is good before sending anymore duds to the people.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 December 2018, 06:54:07 by Mikiberry »

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #964 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 07:03:44 »

Who is zzyjayfree?

Offline trikoi00

• GMK bias
« Reply #965 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 19:51:54 »
Oops, missed type. Please ignore me.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 December 2018, 00:18:37 by trikoi00 »

Offline DasGnome

« Reply #966 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 09:26:40 »
Does anyone know what the thickness of the plate is? 1.5mm like usual?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #967 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 09:31:51 »
Does anyone know what the thickness of the plate is? 1.5mm like usual?

Yes, it should be.

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #968 on: Fri, 14 December 2018, 11:57:32 »
Update:
In the next week or 2, the additional moon parts like replacement strips and chipped top parts will be coming.
I have tested one of the pcb to make sure it is good and it works pretty well. Still waiting for 3 more pcb as well to get bulk quotation for shipping.

Offline Badmotorfinger

« Reply #969 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 19:02:10 »
Thanks for the updates miki

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #970 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 03:31:31 »
I am missing like 2 to 3 pcbs for everyone, as well as some wrong parts. I have sent out a pm to those with issues i can resolve. If you are not contacted, please be patient.

Meanwhile would appreciate the people whom received my pm to provide me with shipping address and paypal address. After 7 days of incommunicado, i will shift down the list to other people that needs the pcb.

It has been a long and arduous ride for some, so please bear with me a little while more while i get things sorted out for a gb not mine.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #971 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 03:35:50 »
I am missing like 2 to 3 pcbs for everyone, as well as some wrong parts. I have sent out a pm to those with issues i can resolve. If you are not contacted, please be patient.

Meanwhile would appreciate the people whom received my pm to provide me with shipping address and paypal address. After 7 days of incommunicado, i will shift down the list to other people that needs the pcb.

It has been a long and arduous ride for some, so please bear with me a little while more while i get things sorted out for a gb not mine.

Sounds like yet more problems coming from EVE's end? :(

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #972 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 06:16:56 »

Sounds like yet more problems coming from EVE's end? :(

Some people have given up their pcbs. I might have enough. Still pending for your address and paypal email too.

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #973 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 01:19:45 »
hey guys. I recently bought a moon tkl from another member somewhere and was wondering if there's a way to flash(?) a media layer on the keys/pcb. has anyone done this with their kb?

Offline pandemic123

« Reply #974 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 14:51:58 »
anyone got an extra plate?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #975 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 02:03:11 »
anyone got an extra plate?
Any Mira, Orion, Jane (pre v2) or mech27 plate should fit also. Widen your search

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #976 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 16:19:49 »
hey guys. I recently bought a moon tkl from another member somewhere and was wondering if there's a way to flash(?) a media layer on the keys/pcb. has anyone done this with their kb?

it should be possible with the software, yes

most firmwares support it

just add it to the fn layer

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #977 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 17:24:49 »
Is the stock aluminum plate super tight for anyone else when installing Cherry MX switches?  I almost need to file switch bottoms to fit through the rectangular holes.
Edit: figured it out--it's because of SIP sockets at the bottom.  Using a skinny screwdriver to manually push the plastic notch at the bottom through the plate.  First time I've had to do this with any plate, so didn't expect it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 January 2019, 17:30:25 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #978 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 01:48:46 »
are there any spare pcbs available? or perhaps other pcbs that will fit?

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #979 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 07:29:56 »

Novelkeys is selling the Hineybush's PCB which fits.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #980 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 17:06:29 »
If anyone using the original stock PCB doesn't want to spend an hour figuring out LED modes and how to control them, I've done that and somewhat figured it out.  Here are some sample files for standard US ANSI winkey TKL layout (87-key):

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aoa9lIIu91gq007qvU7iwYhA23F_

One is as saved .eep file containing the whole keymap.  One is a text file containing both layers you can copy-paste into the tkg.io editor, and the third file is a screenshot of tkg.io interface to show the LED settings.  The LED settings are not happenstance, and I've had to try a lot of iterations to get things to work, as the default configuration was wrong.  The last LED4 bit does nothing.

The layout in those files gives a standard US ANSI keymap with Function 0 being the right Winkey.  Holding Fn0 activates Layer 1.  I've mapped the arrow cluster to LED modes in Layer 1: up/down/left are the same--cycling through LED modes.  right arrow toggles LEDs on/off.  You can add Function 3 to try "Backlight Action : Decrease Level", but I didn't play with that enough.  I know that "Decrease Level" does not refer to decreasing brightness.  But it might refer to decreasing the speed of various modes, such as breathing, which was probably the case, but I didn't spend enough time trying it out.  One of the modes is a reactive light mode.
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 January 2019, 17:09:09 by Photoelectric »

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #981 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 18:41:27 »

Novelkeys is selling the Hineybush's PCB which fits.

thank you very much

Offline jlboi69

« Reply #982 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 21:36:05 »
The H87a is the single best thing you can add for this board, tbh.

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #983 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 01:30:03 »
The H87a is the single best thing you can add for this board, tbh.

how so? i'm genuinely curious. is the 'stock' pcb not up to par?

edit: I took a look at the compatibility list and it says 'break out mod'. What does this mean? i'm assuming it means it will still need the daughter board  (mini usb) that sticks in the slot of the bottom case right?  (sorry i'm really new to custom boards)

edit 2: went reading a bit haha. So it is the daughter board. Are those readily replaceable/available as well? or is it 'shape specific' to the case?
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 February 2019, 01:39:45 by Tekniqs »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #984 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 09:24:56 »
Before I had actually tried it, I was under the impression that the stock PCB was terrible and unusable, and so I got 2 other PCBs to use instead.  For various reasons, I preferred to keep those PCBs for other builds and had a close look at the stock PCB and was ready to buy some replacement diodes and resistors or do some reflowing.  Turned out it was perfectly fine.  The programming was a bit of a challenge, but not any more than quite a few other boards I've built or modded for myself or friends (like getting a keymap and editor for KMAC Happy was a pain, etc.) 

Anyway, before building, just do the testing with attaching the daughterboard and connecting to your computer.  It might well be that new keymap and firmware needs to be uploaded to the controller first, and there's a great English-translated guide earlier in this thread on how to do it and flash the default layout.  Then you can short the switch pins with tweezers and use something like AquaKey to test that all the keys work.  If something is off with a few switch locations, can use a multimeter to test diodes.  For completeness, you can test all diodes and resistors for consistency.

I wouldn't write off the stock PCB right away.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #985 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 18:08:35 »
Hello everyone!

I just received a Chinese Moon I bought off of someone in the community but I'm having a hard time figuring out what the code is for the key next to the left ISO/short shift. IIRC it's "KC_NUBS" in QMK, but that doesn't work in tkg.io; I tried \\, iso |, and many others, I just can't seem to find the correct code for that particular key. Could anybody please end my suffering and tell me what it is? As of right now it outputs the same key as the one on the left of the ISO Enter key.

thanks a lot for your help guys!

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #986 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 21:36:50 »
You've probably done this, but just in case, have you seen this?
https://tkg.io/#help

There are the available designations in the
Code: [Select]
Non-US \ and | section. 

Looks like it's "|", "\", and "iso |" for those.

Also the English guide posted in this thread lists ISO default layout you can copy-paste.   Attached to this post: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90379.msg2577205#msg2577205
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 February 2019, 21:41:46 by Photoelectric »

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #987 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 03:27:26 »
You've probably done this, but just in case, have you seen this?
https://tkg.io/#help

There are the available designations in the
Code: [Select]
Non-US \ and | section. 

Looks like it's "|", "\", and "iso |" for those.

Also the English guide posted in this thread lists ISO default layout you can copy-paste.   Attached to this post: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90379.msg2577205#msg2577205

Thanks a lot for this, but I tried that already; weirdly enough, when I try either of those options, I get an "unkown label" error which prevents me from flashing.

And yup, that's the guide I use.

I'm basically flashing the basic layout except I have CTRL - WIN - WIN on the right bottom row to make the left alt a win key; but that works just fine.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 February 2019, 12:55:25 by JSaintS »

Offline menuhin

« Reply #988 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 13:53:23 »
This is the TKL GB that I have missed...
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #989 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 06:14:13 »
Curious, has anyone gotten their replacement PCBs yet?

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #990 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 11:39:48 »
Yep got mine several weeks ago

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #991 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 01:52:12 »

I just sent an email to the courier support. CC'd you in.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #992 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 02:35:20 »

I just sent an email to the courier support. CC'd you in.

Got it, thanks. Sounds like a comedy of errors from the 'support' exchange... once again, really appreciate all you've done to help with this.