Author Topic: [IC] Sakura Dusk Keyset (Updated July 8, 2017)  (Read 4777 times)

Offline anonymous

[IC] Sakura Dusk Keyset (Updated July 8, 2017)
« on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 01:13:20 »
Hi guys! I am quite new here in GH but I've been checking posts everyday since I made my account. This will actually be my first post/IC/designed keyset so please be kind to me ;D

I am not sure if there is an existing set with this color scheme but here it goes.

I used the GMK swatch colors since I want this to be produced in cherry profile.
Purple Alphas
Dark Gray Modifiers
Magenta(or Pink?) Legends

Here are some renders made using this site kle-render.herokuapp.com

This will be a japanese themed keyset so I am planning to  make japanese related novelties including the sakura enter. The one in the render is from google but I am not sure if it is okay to use them.

I settled for the name Sakura Dusk for now but I have multiple ideas. Let me know what do you think is the best
-Sakura Night
-Sakura Midnight
-Sakura Dark

This keyset is in its early stage so it is open for changes.
If you have comments and suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!  :thumb:

Also, I would highly appreciate if someone can guide me in the process of making this keyset a reality. Cheers!

Update (07/08/2017)

So, I used a lighter shade of pink. Would this be better? However, this is not a stock GMK color so MOQ would be higher if I would go GMK.

« Last Edit: Fri, 07 July 2017, 22:41:36 by anonymous »

Offline Sissy

Re: [IC] Sakura Dusk Keyset
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 01:17:28 »
can never have enough purple sets.

Offline anonymous

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 01:18:22 »
can never have enough purple sets.

you can never go wrong with purple  :p

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 02:00:57 »
I would buy 2 (purrrrple)... do purple spacebar kits too. I need purple spacebars

But hopefully not for at least a few months lol.

Offline anonymous

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 02:06:53 »
I would buy 2 (purrrrple)... do purple spacebar kits too. I need purple spacebars

the spacebar in the base set is purple. or do you want another shade of purple?

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 02:16:28 »

Purple spacebars go good with lots of kits and aren't in stock anywhere. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would buy them. I'd even buy split space sizes just to get extra 6.25 space bars.

So maybe only like standard size in the kit and the rest as a spacebar kit. Maybe I'm crazy. I'd just love purple spacebars for at least hyperfuse and skeletor :D.

Think like terminal. They included the black space but they also ran an AE green space bar kit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline anonymous

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 02:21:03 »

thank you for your input.

Purple spacebars go good with lots of kits and aren't in stock anywhere. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would buy them. I'd even buy split space sizes just to get extra 6.25 space bars.

So maybe only like standard size in the kit and the rest as a spacebar kit. Maybe I'm crazy. I'd just love purple spacebars for at least hyperfuse and skeletor :D.

Think like terminal. They included the black space but they also ran an AE green space bar kit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for your suggestion. I will keep this in mind  :thumb:

Offline a_ak57

Re: [IC] Sakura Dusk Keyset (Updated July 8, 2017)
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 23:06:53 »
Regarding similar sets, there is GMK Black Lotus but the creator of that set decided on black alphas with purple mods, so you should be fine as long as you don't run it too close to when that does (to avoid color scheme fatigue).  Though you could also choose a different legend color to differentiate it more.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 16:53:40 »
Like this set, it actually is remarkably close to one of my old interest checks (GMK Wine) https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=88392.msg2387297#msg2387297 Post #22 contains the design that looks similar.

By all means go for this set, as I don't think I'll be revisiting my old interest check for this. Best of luck!

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 01:55:48 »
I actually really like the lighter pink idea, but the alphas letters seem too white to me, maybe a pink somewhere in the middle there?

Offline fractl

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 04:28:46 »
I'd be very interested in this, but not very interested at all if the lighter pink was used.  Just my personal preference.