Author Topic: [IC] S7-Elephant 70% custom keyboard!(GB OPEN)  (Read 59311 times)

Offline KaosJ

Re: [IC] S7-Elephant 70% custom keyboard!(Prototype come)
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 08:16:33 »
Emmm I will do the Mao

Wait the news

Will you show the other colors later? Maybe on a small alu sheet?
e.g. that purple and green are kinda mandatory to show plissssss

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #201 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 08:19:49 »
Emmm I will do the Mao

Wait the news

he already showed the green

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #202 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 08:56:07 »
Emmm I will do the Mao

Wait the news

he already showed the green

Oh right. Show purple :) 

Offline jacky

« Reply #203 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 09:10:54 »
I will show the color sample when gb oepn

And promise case color same as sample 95%

Here is my word

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #204 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 12:00:01 »
Not sure why you went with mao. Everyone knows what light gray looks like, and if there is any variation in what is expected in comparison to what is produced then it's typically only a matter of contrast (ie. Darker or lighter than expected).

Other colors like purple or blue can vary significantly more than mao. Look at the kbdfans dark blue 5 degree case for example, it looks purple....

No offense, but I think you went with the easiest option, something you know that can't really be screwed up by the factory. Mao can't be screwed up, because there is no standard expectation for mao. The only way mao could be screwed up is if it came out black or another pigmented color. I feel that by not getting it anodized and then promising 95% similarity (what does this even mean? 95% on what scale of measure?) is a shady way to get everyone on board only for them to be disappointed me they receive their boards.

Good luck with everything, I was excited for this, but I'm definitely sitting it out now.

Edit: spelling
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 June 2018, 12:01:46 by oh_chesteroni »

Offline dimo

« Reply #205 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 12:02:19 »
Not sure why you went with mao. Everyone knows what light gray looks like, and if there is any variation in what expected in comparison to what us produced then it's typically only a matter of contrast (ie. Darker or lighter than expected).

Other colors like purple or blue can vary significantly more than mao. Look at the kbdfans dark blue 5 degree case for example, it looks purple....

No offense, but I think you went with the easiest option, something you know that can't really be screwed up by the factory. Mao can't be screwed up, because there is no standard expectation for mao. The only way mao could be screwed up is if it came out black or another pigmented color. I feel like not getting it anodized then promising 95% similarity (what does this even mean? 95% on what scale of measure?) is a shady way to get everyone on board only for them to be disappointed me they receive their boards.

Good luck with everything, I was excited for this, but I'm definitely sitting it out now.

I agree, purple can go a hell of different ways, mao is mao.

I guess I’ll just wait out until the GB opens to see if it’s dark enough to match phantom, if not, I’ll just wait out for another board with a dark purple.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #206 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 12:10:00 »
Not sure why you went with mao. Everyone knows what light gray looks like, and if there is any variation in what is expected in comparison to what is produced then it's typically only a matter of contrast (ie. Darker or lighter than expected).

No offense, but I think you went with the easiest option, something you know that can't really be screwed up by the factory. Mao can't be screwed up, because there is no standard expectation for mao. The only way mao could be screwed up is if it came out black or another pigmented color. I feel that by not getting it anodized and then promising 95% similarity (what does this even mean? 95% on what scale of measure?) is a shady way to get everyone on board only for them to be disappointed me they receive their boards.

I disagree with you. Whether he went with Mao because some people (me included) asked for it or because he wanted it, is no reason to call it the easy choice.

I do agree on the fact that, in a perfect world, every color should be shown before the GB, and he will do that on Alu sampler as he said it. I actually wanted to see Mao because the render in the OP showed a white board, like, way too white to be Mao, but I had a hard time picturing the board in Mao. I would have been fine with any board color for the prototype, of course, as I'm more hyped by the layout than the colors themselves, but my first choice when ordering would be Mao and my lack of imagination is really grateful he picked that one.

Hopefully you'll change your mind and still join when this launches :-)

Offline dimo

« Reply #207 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 12:20:25 »
There are so many purple keyboards available already, and my next Norbatouch is going to be purple too  ;D
The green sample however has me on the fence :(

The fact that there are many purple boards available is so irrelevant to the discussion. I want to know how THIS board will look like in purple, because as you can see from every board in the community, the colors look completely different comparatively.

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #208 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 12:28:51 »
There are so many purple keyboards available already, and my next Norbatouch is going to be purple too  ;D

The fact that there are many purple boards available is so irrelevant to the discussion. I want to know how THIS board will look like in purple, because as you can see from every board in the community, the colors look completely different comparatively.
Can we all just calm down a bit. He will show samples of every colour at a later date.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #209 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 12:39:57 »

Can we all just calm down a bit. He will show samples of every colour at a later date.

Calm down? It could just be me, but I don't particularly see anyone in here getting overtly worked up for there to be a need 5o calm do2n. We're having what I think to be a very healthy discussion regarding an integral component of design for this case a la anodization/mao.

You do raise a valid point about anodization chip (or rods) samples being provided at a later date. I understand that it's not financially advisable for all color samples to be provided on a prototype, nor do I expect it. But seeing samples on a chip/rod may only speak towards color accuracy, and even then the color will likely come out slightly different on the case. What the chip/rod sample does not speak towards is anodization quality on a final production case, which is much more complicated than a simple chip/rod. By quality I mean things like streaking, visual surface smoothness, color variation from one part of the case to another, etc.

As this is an IC, I think these discussions are very instructive towards the development and soon approaching GB.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #210 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 12:55:33 »

I disagree with you. Whether he went with Mao because some people (me included) asked for it or because he wanted it, is no reason to call it the easy choice.

I do agree on the fact that, in a perfect world, every color should be shown before the GB, and he will do that on Alu sampler as he said it. I actually wanted to see Mao because the render in the OP showed a white board, like, way too white to be Mao, but I had a hard time picturing the board in Mao. I would have been fine with any board color for the prototype, of course, as I'm more hyped by the layout than the colors themselves, but my first choice when ordering would be Mao and my lack of imagination is really grateful he picked that one.

I agree, maybe my use of "easy" was a bit rash and too forward. You're absolutely right in saying others wanted to see mao instead, so there definitely was interest in seeing it.

I also agree that it's definitely not feasible to have every color shown on a prototype board before the GB; its just not financially feasible. You're right, the render did show a white board, and I also think that's misleading because as you yourself indicated, it was way too white to be mao. From that I think I can extrapolate that it is relatively common knowledge within the community that mao cannot produce a perfect white. In fact, I think the only way to get a perfect white is powdercoat or cerakote.

When I said "easy" I meant more along the lines of that there are less degrees of freedom in which mao can be "screwed up" compared to anodization, with the critical consideration being towards color hue. We all have come to expect from past GBs that mao white is typically gray. On some customs it is a lighter or darker gray than others. Anodization, however, can not only vary by tint/shade (lighter/darker), but the hue can vary as well. The kbdfans dark blue case which was actually a purple hue was the example I used. Having anodization chips helps mitigate my worries that I'm not gonna get a completely different hue, but it doesn't speak towards anod quality, which I briefly touch upon in a reply above.

Either way, this is just my perspective, i appreciate everyone else's, and am open to discussion. I will also say that I have been burned one too many times in the past in IRL on arbitrary promises such as 95% accurate (which again is completely subjective). I will continue to follow this IC and see what comes out of everything because I too like the layout, but I figured as someone who is trying to become an active member of the community that I should voice my concern.

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #211 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 12:58:22 »

I agree, maybe my use of "easy" was a bit rash and too forward. You're absolutely right in saying others wanted to see mao instead, so there definitely was interest in seeing it.

I also agree that it's definitely not feasible to have every color shown on a prototype board before the GB; its just not financially feasible. You're right, the render did show a white board, and I also think that's misleading because as you yourself indicated, it was way too white to be mao. From that I think I can extrapolate that it is relatively common knowledge within the community that mao cannot produce a perfect white. In fact, I think the only way to get a perfect white is powdercoat or cerakote.

When I said "easy" I meant more along the lines of that there are less degrees of freedom in which mao can be "screwed up" compared to anodization, with the critical consideration being towards color hue. We all have come to expect from past GBs that mao white is typically gray. On some customs it is a lighter or darker gray than others. Anodization, however, can not only vary by tint/shade (lighter/darker), but the hue can vary as well. The kbdfans dark blue case which was actually a purple hue was the example I used. Having anodization chips helps mitigate my worries that I'm not gonna get a completely different hue, but it doesn't speak towards anod quality, which I briefly touch upon in a reply above.

Either way, this is just my perspective, i appreciate everyone else's, and am open to discussion. I will also say that I have been burned one too many times in the past in IRL on arbitrary promises such as 95% accurate (which again is completely subjective). I will continue to follow this IC and see what comes out of everything because I too like the layout, but I figured as someone who is trying to become an active member of the community that I should voice my concern.
Can totally understand your argumentation. I think we all want the colours to turn out great and close to the samples ;)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #212 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 12:59:47 »
but I figured as someone who is trying to become an active member of the community that I should voice my concern.

As you stated, you are totally right and welcome to do so and I am totally with you on that. I mean. Please keep voicing your concerns, that's what make good products even better :-)

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #213 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 13:04:32 »
Cheers gents. I'd do a double quote, but I am significantly lacking proficiency on Tapatalk lol

Offline olivia

« Reply #214 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 13:06:24 »

Here is my word

Hi jacky, are you still planning to offer the brass option in addition to the colors?

Offline jacky

« Reply #215 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 13:13:24 »

Here is my word

Hi jacky, are you still planning to offer the brass option in addition to the colors?
Hi sry it may not have brass version
Is too heavy I think although is Alu
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 June 2018, 13:20:37 by jacky »

Offline jacky

« Reply #216 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 13:19:11 »
I cant show all the color on one prototype ,I thinks no one can say they can make the color same as sample

100%

Be honestly ,my personal color is grey coz it match my keycaps

But I do want heart other voice from you guys .
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 June 2018, 13:21:59 by jacky »

Offline dimo

« Reply #217 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 13:24:29 »
I cant show all the color on one prototype ,I thinks no one can say they can make the color same as sample

100%

Be honestly ,my personal color is grey coz it match my keycaps

But I do want heart other voice from you guys .

I’m pretty sure almost none of us would like to see the gray to be honest:

MAO might end up like that though, although other anodization samples would probably be more beneficial to the gb as a whole.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #218 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 14:02:53 »
Not sure why you went with mao. Everyone knows what light gray looks like, and if there is any variation in what expected in comparison to what us produced then it's typically only a matter of contrast (ie. Darker or lighter than expected).

No offense, but I think you went with the easiest option, something you know that can't really be screwed up by the factory. Mao can't be screwed up, because there is no standard expectation for mao. The only way mao could be screwed up is if it came out black or another pigmented color. I feel like not getting it anodized then promising 95% similarity (what does this even mean? 95% on what scale of measure?) is a shady way to get everyone on board only for them to be disappointed me they receive their boards.

I agree, purple can go a hell of different ways, mao is mao.

I guess I’ll just wait out until the GB opens to see if it’s dark enough to match phantom, if not, I’ll just wait out for another board with a dark purple.

I agree. Purple is the way to go
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 June 2018, 18:45:53 by KaosJ »

Offline dimo

[IC] S7-Elephant 70% custom keyboard!(Prototype come)
« Reply #219 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 15:17:34 »
I agree. Purple is purple

how the hell is purple purple
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 June 2018, 15:36:50 by dimo »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #220 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 18:45:30 »

idk why the hell i wrote "purple is purple" but i wanted to say "purple is the way to go", simply because is the color that always comes out different from different anodization manifacturer, while MAO will be a sort of light light gray close so white.

Offline Duckunderscore

« Reply #221 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 18:48:45 »
That's a big boye, I think i need it

Offline dimo

« Reply #222 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 19:53:03 »

idk why the hell i wrote "purple is purple" but i wanted to say "purple is the way to go", simply because is the color that always comes out different from different anodization manifacturer, while MAO will be a sort of light light gray close so white.

haha got it, and I agree completely :>

Offline JamesShaw

« Reply #223 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 20:46:30 »
Love the design/ Interested in purple.

Offline Starius

« Reply #224 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 22:13:05 »
So much talk of purple.

I feel like I'm the only one interested in blue.

Offline dimo

« Reply #225 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 00:09:23 »
So much talk of purple.

Show Image

navy blue is navy blue xd

Offline Starius

« Reply #226 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 00:38:34 »
So much talk of purple.

Show Image

navy blue is navy blue xd

Offline dimo

Re: [IC] S7-Elephant 70% custom keyboard!
« Reply #227 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 01:09:37 »
About color

It will limited to 5

Navy blue I will make this for a prototype

Also think grey instead of rose gold .is there much people like rose gold ?

I think there may be a problem if the MAO is too similar to the gray... making it a waste of a color, but that will come down to the darkness of the gray.

Dark purple please though!:x

Offline jacky

« Reply #228 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 02:08:34 »
Just get the prototype for the purple . take by my phone .

Offline dimo

« Reply #229 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 02:12:27 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

nice. def looks great, but more magenta in the light. Maybe i’ll go with gray after all xd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #230 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 02:14:17 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I like it! And I usually hate purple... Still going for Mao or navy blue, but this looks so good!

Offline jacky

« Reply #231 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 02:15:17 »
color will decrease to 4

3.3(kg)=7.2752547(lb)

Offline dimo

« Reply #232 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 02:19:21 »
color will decrease to 4

Show Image

3.3(kg)=7.2752547(lb)

MAO, purple, light green, navy blue?

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #233 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 02:21:09 »
color will decrease to 4

Show Image

3.3(kg)=7.2752547(lb)

There needs to be a neutral option, so I expect either green or blue to get the axe for grey.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline dimo

« Reply #234 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 02:23:04 »
color will decrease to 4

Show Image

3.3(kg)=7.2752547(lb)

There needs to be a neutral option, so I expect either green or blue to get the axe for grey.

Gray would be nice to be kept but he might be seeing MAO as a neutral ? no idea.

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #235 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 02:25:45 »
color will decrease to 4

Show Image

3.3(kg)=7.2752547(lb)

Gray would be nice to be kept but he might be seeing MAO as a neutral ? no idea.

I don't expect most to want MAO, especially since the process is more expensive than normal anodes. Without a silver, grey, or black, this board won't garner enough interest.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline dimo

« Reply #236 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 02:27:39 »
color will decrease to 4

Show Image

3.3(kg)=7.2752547(lb)

I don't expect most to want MAO, especially since the process is more expensive than normal anodes. Without a silver, grey, or black, this board won't garner enough interest.

He’s been advertising it so much since the start though that I doubt that’s the one that got cut though, you’re probably right that it’s the navy blue since light green has also been shown a lot since the first post. We’ll see

Offline jacky

« Reply #237 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 02:41:08 »
Mao - grey - navy blue -(purple)/(silver)

Offline dimo

« Reply #238 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 02:42:49 »
nevermind :x

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #239 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 02:54:48 »
no green :'(

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #240 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 02:59:18 »
Purple may not fit on this board

Also the green

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #241 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 03:11:17 »
I would go with:

Mao - grey - green - silver

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #242 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 03:49:15 »
Must have that green!

Offline Starius

« Reply #243 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 06:17:09 »
You have my purchase if there's Navy Blue!

But I know not everyone will get their favorite with only 4 choices.  But I feel this design definitely needs to become a reality regardless of what color it ends up being. 

Offline dimo

« Reply #244 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 10:31:46 »
gray s7 or a gray m0110

decisions decisions

Offline olivia

« Reply #245 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 12:34:04 »
I would prefer rose gold! But if navy blue, please use this navy blue :)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #246 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 13:05:35 »

Show Image

You and your rose gold, lmao! Tho I do share your point of view, rose gold would be so nice!!

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #247 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 14:56:52 »

Show Image

But that's not navy Olivia!

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #248 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 14:57:47 »

lol do NOT replace purple please.  Hottest color of 2018 can't be replaced cmon

Offline dimo

« Reply #249 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 16:52:00 »

lol do NOT replace purple please.  Hottest color of 2018 can't be replaced cmon

It's so magenta though :x