Author Topic: Code V2b MX Clears  (Read 4956 times)

Offline Alfred96

Code V2b MX Clears
« on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 02:57:50 »
I really like this board and the great thing about it is that it's compatible with most keycap customization. LOVE the switches, great feel. I was scared about people talking about how hard it was changing from blues/browns, but I have since moved on from those switches and use clears 5+ hours a day and don't have any finger fatigue. I can press the keys softer and they still initiate. Anyway, the only gripe I have with this keyboard is the stabilizers on the shift keys and return key. They make a bit of noise and some of things keys are a little noisy and make a very faint 'ping' noise. Unlike the cherry stabilizers, these stabilizers make a faint zing noise and the pinging of the keys is so faint that the only way you can hear it if your ears are very close to the board - so it's not really a problem. But as for the stabilizers, those are a bit louder and are definitely audible.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Code V2b MX Clears
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 20:53:09 »
Pinging is a known feature of these keyboards.

Mine pings, but I like the sound.  I usually don't notice it anyway.

Some have also found that the keycaps wear quickly, depending on the length of your fingernails and how oily your fingers are.  Something to be aware of.  Mine are still fine after a couple of years of intermittent use.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ