Author Topic: Whitefox dimensions  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Inquiz9

Whitefox dimensions
« on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 22:16:22 »
Hi,
The height measurement given fornthe board is from the back i believe and doesnt include keycaps.
Is anyone able to tell me what the height measurement is the whitefox keyboard from desk to top of keycaps at the front of the board. And even better, from the base of the board to top of keycaps (ie 90 degree angle from base of the board, if that maks sense)

Thanks heaps

Offline ddot

• Master of Suspense
Re: Whitefox dimensions
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 10:58:26 »
I don't use the provided cone feet, so the back is at the same level as the front for me.  Just popped the stock ctrl key on and measured from the underside of the base to the top of the highest point on the keycap. Approximately 27mm.

Offline Inquiz9

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 00:18:57 »
Thanks heaps for checking. I do appreciate it. That might be an ok height, i just cant have a keyboard thats too high coz my desk is already a tad too high

If i get the keyboard i would probably have it only very slightly elevated from flat position but do you find the standard keycaps shape suitable for keyboard in a flat position? They seem to be a staircase design so wondering if its more suited to an upright position.

Btw what keycaps do you use?

Offline ddot

• Master of Suspense
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 12:42:08 »
No problem.  And I couldn't quite follow your second question, so if you're still looking for another measurement, try and clarify and let me know.

My Whitefox came from the second drop on Massdrop and the stock caps were Cherry profile.  (Keep in mind there's been a few editions now and the profile of the stock caps could easily change from time to time, I'm really not sure.)  Cherry seems to work for me, but preferences on things like that can be rather personal.

At the moment I'm using a set of JTK keycaps, which is also Cherry profile.

For fun I tried popping on a DSA keycap and measuring that.  Approximately 25mm from base to the highest point on the keycap.  It's not that much shorter, but if space is tight, it could be an option.

I'm not sure what you've come across for info in your research, but this pic may help.  It shows some of the different profile options on a flat plain.