Author Topic: Weird marks on EnjoyPBT spacebar  (Read 1814 times)

Offline ixixmmx

Weird marks on EnjoyPBT spacebar
« on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 18:32:31 »
Hello everyone,

My EnjoyPBT keyset came in today and I notice the spacebar has some molding marks on what would be the inside of the keycap. I've been experimenting with a flipped spacebar and think I like it better but when its flipped, those marks are visible and not very attractive. Is this normal for EnjoyPBT or should I ask for an exchange? I have a set of Ducky doubleshot PBT caps that don't have this issue.

Appreciate the help.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: Weird marks on EnjoyPBT spacebar
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 18:34:00 »
That is from the injection molding iirc

I would say that it is normal. They will all look like this to some degree.

Offline ixixmmx

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 18:37:50 »
That is from the injection molding iirc

I would say that it is normal. They will all look like this to some degree.
Thanks for the reply. I guess I will just see if I can handle seeing the marks. Otherwise I’ll have to flip the spacebar back to normal.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 01:26:33 »
archdill is correct, those are spruemarks

every keycap has them
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ixixmmx

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 01:29:38 »

every keycap has them
Thanks. This is only my second set of keycaps so I wasn’t sure. The Ducky set doesn’t seem to have those marks or if they do, they are barely noticeable. I just flipped the spacebar back to normal and called it a day. I wish there was a way to fix/cover up these spruemarks though. 

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 01:30:41 »

every keycap has them
Thanks. This is only my second set of keycaps so I wasn’t sure. The Ducky set doesn’t seem to have those marks or if they do, they are barely noticeable. I just flipped the spacebar back to normal and called it a day. I wish there was a way to fix/cover up these spruemarks though.

they might be inside the cap on some of the thinner sets, since the tooling has slightly better access to that part

cheaper sets are also often coated with something, so they may be hidden

there are a few different types of markings that are a byproduct of injection molding
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90