Author Topic: [IC] KAT Oasis - GB January 31st  (Read 135184 times)

Offline Kerasan

Re: [IC] GMK Oasis
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 08:00:04 »
I have no problem dropping the extra dough on a coffee add-on kit ;)

And that'd give me a set of uniquely colored light blue mods to mix and match with other sets!

I totally agree with you

P.S. @JSaintS I didn't understand a thing, in addition to the artisan (beautiful) caps that will be part of the lottery, will the keycaps of rama be ordered as it was for the gmk olivia?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 10:23:54 »

And that'd give me a set of uniquely colored light blue mods to mix and match with other sets!

I totally agree with you

P.S. @JSaintS I didn't understand a thing, in addition to the artisan (beautiful) caps that will be part of the lottery, will the keycaps of rama be ordered as it was for the gmk olivia?

Yup, I should have made that clearer; the Rama keycaps will be sold in a GB with a MOQ of 50 (which is what I got told by RAMA) :)

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 10:50:31 »

Same here.  I'm all in :)

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 13:28:02 »

I totally agree with you

Yup, I should have made that clearer; the Rama keycaps will be sold in a GB with a MOQ of 50 (which is what I got told by RAMA) :)

fantastic, this set is really complete, it does not lack anything imho

KMK Labs.

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 00:09:09 »
This is looking great, JS! Let's make it happen!

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 00:35:13 »
Vote. If the coffee set has been settled, a blue child kit is preferred as well.
I see the awesome RAMA novelty key in golden color.  I am fond of blue better. Anyway, the update is prompt and timely. Thank you

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 00:38:21 »
Vote. If the coffee set has been settled, a blue child kit is preferred as well.
I see the awesome RAMA novelty key in golden color.  I am fond of blue better. Anyway, the update is prompt and timely. Thank you

When I "closed" the vote yesterday (24h in) it was 50%/50% I thus decided to go with Oasis (IG was showing me a 53/47 in favor of Oasis).

As for the RAMA key, I tried to have it in blue but unfortunately that was not possible :(

Offline RSC

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 01:43:41 »
Great news! And the artisan looks amazing!!! Now you just have to make the Hangul kit happen and this set will be 10/10!  :thumb:

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Re: [IC] GMK Oasis (Soon! June 1st)
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 16:21:39 »
Waiting on the European prices to  update the OP but I've got the prices for the US and Asian Proxy.

Good news for Australia and NZ, those orders will be handled by zFrontier!

Last but not least, I don't lose hope for the Hangul and International kits, I have yet to hear back from GMK but so does donutcable with another set, so I'm not too worried; I'm sure I'll hear back from them regarding those kits! :)

Expect an update as soon as tomorrow with the updated prices for all the kits.

<2

Offline mousetrap00

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 09:58:39 »
May i just ask, will the coffee kit still run as an addon??

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 10:08:30 »
May i just ask, will the coffee kit still run as an addon??

Definitely! I never planned on abandoning either ones of those kits, I just wanted to make sure which one was the most popular to put it in the core kit!

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
GMK Oasis update + GB announcement!
« Reply #111 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 18:50:46 »
Update Time

Prices
VendorsBase kit (MOQ 250)Base kit (MOQ 500)Kobe (MOQ 150)Spacebar kitErgo & Plank kitCoffeSleeve 1m Cable 1.5m Cable
MyKeyboard (EU)136€130€55€35€110€76€26€16€18.5€
Novelkeys (USA)$155$145$70$35$115$85TBDTBDTBD
zFrontier (Asia)CNY998 ($168)CNY938 ($158)CNY450 ($73)CNY226 ($37)CNY748 ($122)CNY545 ($89) CNY198 ($32) CNY157 ($25.5) CNY173 ($28)

Kits modifications + What’s to come
Kits are pretty much set in stone. That said, some things are still moving a little:

• Coffee Kit
    I will include a return key in the Coffe kit, making it usable without anything else. I will also add a short shift for us ISO user; I don’t know what happened, I just didn’t realize it was missing.
  • Hangul Kit
    Please hang tight, I have yet to hear back from GMK (at all, it’s like they are taking an entire week of holiday, hopefully I’ll hear back from them on Monday); I will keep you guys update!
  • International Kit
    Please hang tight, I have yet to hear back from GMK (at all, it’s like they are taking an entire week of holiday, hopefully I’ll hear back from them on Monday); I will keep you guys update!
GB Announcement
GB should go up on June 1st, emphasise on the should as this might be subject to change depending on GMK and how long they are going to take to come back at him regarding the last kits.
The vendors for the group buy will be:

Artisans
I just wanted to address this bit since I’ve had a couple of questions recently; Artisans will be sold in two ways:
  • Raffles
        We will be raffling 10 Blue Paradise Raiji
    More
    as well as 10 Gnomey and 10 Kepy in the Blue Paradise colorway. I am still waiting on Briz’s pictures but they should be ready on time.

Every person joining the Oasis GB will be granted one unique entry into the raffles (meaning, one entry in Artkey's raffle and one in Briz's). Invoices will be sent shortly after we close the GB (just to time for me to collect everyone's name, randomize and select the winners).

• GB
        We will be offering matching XO Keycaps
    More
    in a GB Form. That means that anyone, be it someone that joined the GB or not, can get one of these. There is a MOQ of 50 unit, hopefully we can reach it as they look dope AF!

That should be all for now, but don't hesitate to PM me!
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 May 2018, 18:52:58 by JSaintS »

Offline RSC

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 01:37:24 »
Good news! Can you also confirm the base set will include a R1 1u backspace key? This is really important.

Offline Createboardhk

• Createboard
« Reply #113 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 04:16:20 »
I am glad to hear that! I'm ready!

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #114 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 05:14:57 »
Quick update! :)

I got a mail this morning (5/25) regarding the hangul, international kit, addition of a couple of keys to the Coffee kit and 1u backspace in the core kit. All these changes and kits will be made BUT the person in charge of those will only be back in office at the end of next week, meaning we will push the GB back a little more as I prefer to have a complete offering :) I hope you guys will like the end result!

Offline monkt

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 09:09:46 »

I got a mail this morning (5/25) regarding the hangul, international kit, addition of a couple of keys to the Coffee kit and 1u backspace in the core kit. All these changes and kits will be made BUT the person in charge of those will only be back in office at the end of next week, meaning we will push the GB back a little more as I prefer to have a complete offering :) I hope you guys will like the end result!

I'm happy to see this coming together very nicely so far. Has there been any update on how the colors will look compared to the renders? I think there was some discussion of this in the beginning, regarding the color of the sand caps.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 09:15:16 »

I'm happy to see this coming together very nicely so far. Has there been any update on how the colors will look compared to the renders? I think there was some discussion of this in the beginning, regarding the color of the sand caps.

I remember mentionning it to GMK and to Janglad (who did the renders). Janglad confirmed it would look really close to his renders and GMK reassured me by telling me that they would send me samples to make sure the colors would look good. Other than that, I also mentionned the fact that I live in Belgium, and I won't hesitate to visit GMK (should they allow me to) to make sure colors are matching what I imagined for the set.

Offline crystalhand

« Reply #117 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 09:24:18 »
I really like the look of this keyset overall.  The color scheme sells it for me.  I also appreciate seeing an ergo kit with actual legends on it. Although this does decrease the flexibility slightly.

Offline monkt

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 12:54:42 »
I remember mentionning it to GMK and to Janglad (who did the renders). Janglad confirmed it would look really close to his renders and GMK reassured me by telling me that they would send me samples to make sure the colors would look good. Other than that, I also mentionned the fact that I live in Belgium, and I won't hesitate to visit GMK (should they allow me to) to make sure colors are matching what I imagined for the set.

Great, thank you! Looking forward to when you get those samples.

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 14:22:42 »

so it will not start June 1st?

However this is excellent news,

KMK Labs.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Profile preference:
I've heard you loud and clear, some of you guys think this is a subpar set and that a 250 MOQ is a dream. I of course love this set and this colorway and I know I am not the only one BUT I'm not stupid and I know 250 core set is a huge number for a GMK set nowadays. I asked you guys a question a couple of days ago to see if you prefered Coffee or Oasis and the results (at the time of closing the strawpoll) were pretty similar. That said, I am actually thinking of changing manufacturer and making it a DSA Set. I know DSA is not everyone's cup of tea (that's why there is a coffee set incl.) but they would have a lower MOQ and would thus allow more flexibility with the kits. So here I am again, asking for your guys point of view : https://www.strawpoll.me/15779974

Offline Kerasan

Profile preference:
I've heard you loud and clear, some of you guys think this is a subpar set and that a 250 MOQ is a dream. I of course love this set and this colorway and I know I am not the only one BUT I'm not stupid and I know 250 core set is a huge number for a GMK set nowadays. I asked you guys a question a couple of days ago to see if you prefered Coffee or Oasis and the results (at the time of closing the strawpoll) were pretty similar. That said, I am actually thinking of changing manufacturer and making it a DSA Set. I know DSA is not everyone's cup of tea (that's why there is a coffee set incl.) but they would have a lower MOQ and would thus allow more flexibility with the kits. So here I am again, asking for your guys point of view : https://www.strawpoll.me/15779974

a sad news, I hope this set remains gmk, it's perfect imho

KMK Labs.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Profile preference:

KMK Labs.

For sure! I still plan on running it with GMK, but those comments got me thinking and I have to admit that this set is and never will be as popular as other hyped sets. I just don't want to be left without any options, the colorway imports me more than the profile as I really love it, so if the GMK GB fails, I will run this as DSA.

The low MOQ is really a plus - I've heard the DSA manufacturer worked with a MOQ of 100 (but in another mail, the person I am in contact with told me that they virtually had no MOQ, which would be great news for the set.

Offline Kerasan

I understand, maybe the problem is too many keysets released in recent months. But I think an attempt can be made.  :thumb:

KMK Labs.

Offline monkt

Profile preference:

KMK Labs.

For sure! I still plan on running it with GMK, but those comments got me thinking and I have to admit that this set is and never will be as popular as other hyped sets. I just don't want to be left without any options, the colorway imports me more than the profile as I really love it, so if the GMK GB fails, I will run this as DSA.

The low MOQ is really a plus - I've heard the DSA manufacturer worked with a MOQ of 100 (but in another mail, the person I am in contact with told me that they virtually had no MOQ, which would be great news for the set.

GMK suits this set best, I think. To me, the boxy look of a flatter, more uniform profile doesn't seem to pair as well with the idea of sand and water. I actually think SA would be really nice, with the smoother texture and the nice roundedness complementing the inspiration for this set, but I'm not sure that would improve your MOQ concerns. No idea what current SA set MOQs are like. With DSA, how would the colors be affected?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
GMK suits this set best, I think. To me, the boxy look of a flatter, more uniform profile doesn't seem to pair as well with the idea of sand and water. I actually think SA would be really nice, with the smoother texture and the nice roundedness complementing the inspiration for this set, but I'm not sure that would improve your MOQ concerns. No idea what current SA set MOQs are like. With DSA, how would the colors be affected?

I would prefer GMK as well hehe, I didn't think someone would find a reason linked to the theme tho haha.

I know a couple of people have proposed MaxKeys, but the problem is that they don't offer any ISO compatibility which would make me kinda sad since that's what I use. As for SP, I have no idea about their MOQ, the only problem there would be the ETA ^^

As for the colors for the DSA variant, I am pretty confident that they would look good (I wouldn't consider it otherwise). They made a pretty good job with Starry Night, Mystery and Drifter plus I would have the possibility of getting a set done before the GB to ensure everything looks good.

Again, I would prefer to run this through GMK, but that MOQ is killing me.

Offline goodman247

• It's confirmed, I'm an idiot.
This certainly reminds me of a dessert oasis, I can feel the sweat on my face now just looking at it!!

Offline RSC

You need to run it through Massdrop...

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
h
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 04:57:58 »

Ah that would probably solve the MOQ issue (although that's not even sure) what that would make it hell for us european customers, wouldn't it?

Offline bobdenard

Really hope this gets made by GMK, this would be my first keyset but I actually prefer it to virtually every other keysets I've seen. I love that color scheme, amazing work really!
Fingers crossed  :)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Really hope this gets made by GMK, this would be my first keyset but I actually prefer it to virtually every other keysets I've seen. I love that color scheme, amazing work really!

Looks like you're not the only one hehe, the poll result is what I expected, and I will definitely run this as a GMK set. I did contact a DSA manufacturer to get more options, but I knew even back then that I wanted to run it as a GMK set.

Thanks for the support <2

Offline avid

Re: h
« Reply #131 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 11:05:24 »

Ah that would probably solve the MOQ issue (although that's not even sure) what that would make it hell for us european customers, wouldn't it?

Why? MD is fine for europeans.

Offline Geass

Not quite because shipping is often quite high and in some cases there can be extra taxes you have to pay. Also sometimes the items get stuck in customs and that can take quite a while.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Re: h
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 11:19:19 »

As someone else mentioned before shipping can be quite high, but not even that, I've had to pay up to 30€ (yes, I mean euros) for a 26$ (yes, I mean dollars) for an artisan I bought there. Not MD's fault as they are a business and they need to declare full value of the items, I understand.

That and the fact that I laugh every time i think that GmK sets are produced in Germany, sent to MD in the States and then shipped back to European customers haha.

That said, if I need to go through them, as they have more reach than other vendors, I will definitely do it (as a matter of fact I already contacted them about the set).

Offline Kerasan

quote... this set is really well done, very original. it is also complete thanks to the cofee kit which makes it the perfect solution for the wooden builds that I personally love. it's a set that should be seen on a keyboard, at first glance I was not convinced. then I saw the render of the modern m0110 and I fell in love with this set.

beautiful colors, 2 sets in 1, complete kits, wonderful artisan, what's missing? Sometimes we complain too much in this community. this set merit to reach the moq imho.

KMK Labs :thumb:

Offline long_qt_pie

Would also prefer to keep it GMK over DSA but understand your considerations
Jetfire | Mech 27 v1 | Mira SE | Singa | Orion 2.5 | Eo87 | Lubrigante | MGA | IBM F XT | AEKII | Lightpad | Exent | Dolphin Rev 2 | F1-8x | Mr Suit

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
Would also prefer to keep it GMK over DSA but understand your considerations

Another vote to keep GMK.  I just never keep my DSA sets on boards for long, as they look nice, but when I need to get work done, GMK or XDA all the way.

Offline 1Weeb

• ◕w◕
I really like the kobe and coffe kits, definitely going in on this, now I just need to find a wood case to match it with  :thumb:

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
Profile preference:
I'm hesitant to vote because I have no interest in DSA but also think that, as beautiful as the set it, it may be hard to get the 250 MOQ. Have you reached out to SP to see if/when they are bringing back DSS as that profile IMHO would be perfect for this.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Profile preference:
I'm hesitant to vote because I have no interest in DSA but also think that, as beautiful as the set it, it may be hard to get the 250 MOQ. Have you reached out to SP to see if/when they are bringing back DSS as that profile IMHO would be perfect for this.

I didn't (yet) as I tend to associate SP with higher prices, and the fact that I never typed on SA, but I can do that. That said I have never heard of DSS so I will have to check.

For the moment, I am in contact with :

1) a DSA manufacturer to see what can be done (but they warned me they had a lot of their plate right now and it would take a little time);

2) Massdrop. This is a little more tricky as (a) i'd prefer to stick with the vendors I picked since I really like them and I know them but (b) Massdrop has a better reach since, well, it's Massdrop, even though (c) European customers might suffer from this (I know that, being European myself) with import taxes. That and the potential interest check having to be done on Massdrop itself.

Offline LeoShi

It may be true that getting 250 MOQ is difficult, after looking at other recent GB.
So maybe DCS? since I have no interest in DSA.

Offline ptiede

Profile preference:

I didn't (yet) as I tend to associate SP with higher prices, and the fact that I never typed on SA, but I can do that. That said I have never heard of DSS so I will have to check.

1) a DSA manufacturer to see what can be done (but they warned me they had a lot of their plate right now and it would take a little time);

2) Massdrop. This is a little more tricky as (a) i'd prefer to stick with the vendors I picked since I really like them and I know them but (b) Massdrop has a better reach since, well, it's Massdrop, even though (c) European customers might suffer from this (I know that, being European myself) with import taxes. That and the potential interest check having to be done on Massdrop itself.

Have you considered doing jtk? Apparently, their new legends are much better and looking at the group buy on switchmod.net their moq is 100.

Offline Atredl

I’ve just been lurking up until now but DSS sounds interesting. The grainy texture on top can help represent the sand in this set. Plus possibly the waves. A spherical cherry-like profile would be cool and someone has to be the first to try it out.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Profile preference:

Have you considered doing jtk? Apparently, their new legends are much better and looking at the group buy on switchmod.net their moq is 100.

I did not consider them since they lack ISO compatibility :(

Offline Kerasan

Profile preference:

yes, massdrop is a problem for us, taxes and customs have a strong influence on the choice of purchase. However certainly from more visibility to the set. For me it would be a shame because I could not take everything. But obviously it's a personal problem.

KMK Labs.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
Profile preference:

I don't mind Massdrop personally, and it does increase reach, as many are finding out in the current climate, it can be hard to reach MOQ.  Not sure what the backlog is like on MD at he current time, however.  You're looking at a few months until GB.  You could also reach out to Sheraton at OriginativeCo.  He's done a few things with designers, and has even bailed out GMK Necro.  But who knows what his current capacity is.

I like JTK... but I like GMK more.  Never seen DSS... DCS, yes... and Midnight is a good set in DCS.  But DSS?  Where's the reference to that?

Offline vewy_nice

DSS is an old profile that Signature Plastics SHOULD soon be unveiling from the dusty back cupboards (after some retooling)

It has been announced here and there, and was even available to try out at a meetup somewhere.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/7qvwsr/signature_plastics_announces_revival_of_dss/

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
Profile preference:

I don't mind Massdrop personally, and it does increase reach, as many are finding out in the current climate, it can be hard to reach MOQ.  Not sure what the backlog is like on MD at he current time, however.  You're looking at a few months until GB.  You could also reach out to Sheraton at OriginativeCo.  He's done a few things with designers, and has even bailed out GMK Necro.  But who knows what his current capacity is.

I like JTK... but I like GMK more.  Never seen DSS... DCS, yes... and Midnight is a good set in DCS.  But DSS?  Where's the reference to that?
Forgot where I saw this image posted but found it in my history, apologies for not citing the source... DSS is dead center:
https://i.imgur.com/Yc4hUY1.jpg

There is also more info and photos here:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=93584.0

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
So the 60%?  That looks a lot like SA, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  And ABS, which is more vibrant than PBT to me.  I'd buy it.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Re: [IC] GMK Oasis (Kits update)
« Reply #149 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 12:49:12 »
Heya!

Sad news today unfortunately: my vendors brought to my attention that multiplying the kits also come with the problem and possibility of none of them hitting MOQ and having you guys back off, reducing the number of core kit orders and causing a loss of money on our part due to refund. With that in mind, I had to make a choice and select a fewer number of kits, if you wanted one of the abandonned kits, I am trully sorry, trust me. I thus decided to keep the Core kit, the coffe kit, the spacebar kit and the Kobe or Hangul kit.

thanks for your support guys

PS: for the Hangul kit, please check the OP as I'm still waiting on GMK.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 June 2018, 12:52:51 by JSaintS »