Author Topic: [IC] SA Bliss | GB LIVE!  (Read 86580 times)

Offline Minterly

[IC] SA Bliss | GB LIVE!
« on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 01:33:34 »
Group buy is live!
GB updates here.

SA Bliss is a pink and grey bedroom inspired set. It will be SA R3 uniform profile.

Manufacturer and possible vendor are still being arranged at this time.

❀ Announcements ❀

This set WILL be made by SP in ABS double-shot. Custom match pink order has already been placed (on 05.10).

GB Start: July 01, 2019

Vendors
US: Dixie Mech
EU: My Keyboard
Asia/Oceania: Daily Clack

Prices
Base: 135$
Numpad: 30$
Novelties: 50$
Spacebars: 30$
ISO: 25$

❀ 05.15.2019 - Artisan collaboration with Meika from @latrialum has been confirmed, others are in the works!
❀ 05.22.2019 - The group buy will start on July 01, 2019 on Dixie Mech. More details about other vendors and pricing will be announced soon. Artisan collaboration with @alphakeys has been confirmed as well!
❀ 05.29.2019 - EU proxy will be mykeyboard.eu and Asia/Oceania proxy will be Daily Clack! Pricing will be announced soon. Artisan collaboration with @keyforge has been confirmed!

❀ Palette ❀

While the color palette is decided, the exact shading might differ slightly due to manufacturer decisions.
The current shade of grey is SP ABS GC.
I am receiving another pink Pantone chip in several hours and will finalize the exact shade of pink then

The grey color is SP ABS GC.
The pink color is Pantone 13-1406.

❀ Kits ❀

Any additional kits (ISO, ortho, ergo, etc.) will be created depending on interest.

Base Kit

Base kit compatibility covers 40% through TKL with some of the funky formats in between.
Ortholinear compatibility will also be included (added 05.02.2019).

65: 1.75 shift
hhkb: 1.75U ctrl, 1.5 mods, 1 mods
40: 1.25 tab, 1.75 enter, 1.75 shift, 1.25 shift, 1 mods
ortho: 1 tab, 1 shift, 1 pink enter, 1 grey enter

Numpad

Spacebars

ISO

Novelties

❀ Gallery ❀

View full gallery here!

DESKMAT

RAMA M65A

TOFU

45-ATS

THINK 6.5

Renders by u/Abec13.

Please fill out this Google form to indicate interest and leave any feedback, comments, or suggestions!

Follow me on Instagram: @minter.ly

Want to show some support? Use the banner below!
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100475.msg2756795#msg2756795][img]https://imgur.com/md0pve7.png[/img][/url]

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Timeline
❀ 05.01.2019 - Interest Check live!
❀ 05.02.2019 - Ortholinear compatibility added to base kit.
❀ 05.07.2019 - ISO kit added. Stuwu kit added.
❀ 05.09.2019 - SP color match for custom Pantone pink requested.
❀ 05.10.2019 - Pantone pink color chip revealed.
❀ 05.15.2019 - Small updates to base kit. Stuwu and Novelties kit merged. Latrialum artisan collab confirmed.
❀ 05.22.2019 - GB to run July 2019 on Dixie Mech. Stepped caps lock added to base kit. Alpha Keycaps artisan collab confirmed. Deskmat design revealed.
❀ 05.29.2019 - EU proxy: mykeyboard.eu. Asia/Oceania: Daily Clack! Keyforge artisan collab confirmed.
❀ 06.10.2019 - Kit prices announced.

Thanks to the amazing Abec13 for inspiring me to design my own set.
And to the wonderful people of the 40% KEEBS and Greystudio Discord for all the support and encouragement.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 July 2019, 16:10:50 by Minterly »

Offline MikeTheTiger

Re: [IC] SA Bliss
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 01:37:00 »
Yass!!

Offline dimo

[IC] SA Bliss
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 01:37:27 »
Love it! A good alternative to sa olivia ;)

I would personally prefer if the mod legends seen in the renders were less thick, something is off about them imo

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 01:39:48 »
Looks great, love the colours and have been looking to try out SA R3 profile. I am however a little worried about the cost of the base kit, it seems to include a lot of new custom keys that will need moulding as well as it already being SP... Still very excited to see where this goes and will follow along on its progress, GL!

Offline stuey138

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 01:42:35 »
I LOVE IT GIMME GIMME <3 HYPE HYPE SA R3

Offline Minterly

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 01:57:04 »
Love it! A good alternative to sa olivia ;)

I would personally prefer if the mod legends seen in the renders were less thick, something is off about them imo

I'm going to base the dimensions off the "surface" cap of flat lay as it was a little difficult to scale the vectors to the renders... both Abec and I are new to this so I'm sure we'll get it right down the line!

Looks great, love the colours and have been looking to try out SA R3 profile. I am however a little worried about the cost of the base kit, it seems to include a lot of new custom keys that will need moulding as well as it already being SP... Still very excited to see where this goes and will follow along on its progress, GL!

Thanks! I've received a quote from SP for the existing proposed sets and not including any additional fees (packaging, shipping, vendor fees, etc.) the prices, including molding costs, don't seem terrible. I may have other manufacturer options but that's all still up in the air for now. My next step is to finalize kits as quickly as possible and get price quotes so I can lock down pricing since I know that's really important for everyone!

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 02:22:35 »
The mod icons would def be better if they matched the thickness of the other alpha/main icons

Offline Minterly

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 02:59:45 »
The mod icons would def be better if they matched the thickness of the other alpha/main icons

What do you think of the icon ratios in the flat lays for the kits?

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 04:20:10 »
Wow definitely the most excited I've been for an SA set in a while. So hot :eek: 
Do people not like semi-sculpted 223333? Anyone else think this set would look hot af semi-sculpted?

Offline Koojahyung

• 안녕하세요.
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 04:24:19 »
wow, It's crazy~!
maybe this will be my last sa profile keycap!! ;D
let's go!

Offline stuey138

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 05:00:09 »
Wow definitely the most excited I've been for an SA set in a while. So hot :eek: 
Do people not like semi-sculpted 223333? Anyone else think this set would look hot af semi-sculpted?
I'm pro full uniform all the way, feels weird to do hybridized uniform.

Offline CrazyNun

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 05:05:57 »
In the words of a previous post,   Yaaaaaaassss!!!!

Offline victorpre

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 05:56:29 »
Very nice!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline mSSM

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 05:59:54 »
Will this be ABS or PBT?

Offline dk4one

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 06:03:34 »
Looks very nice. I'd vote for fully sculpted instead of R3.

Offline ingmar

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 06:27:52 »
I don't love the colors, but if it's a subtle pink it could still work, even though I'm not a huge fan of SA uniform profile (why, then, SA in the first place and not, say, DSA?) There seem to be a lot of additional keys included in the base set, so all that's really missing appears to be an ISO enter.

Also, consider (optional) text modifiers instead of only icon ones.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 May 2019, 06:30:33 by ingmar »

Offline Bhk1004

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 06:35:12 »
Supperrrrr psycheddddddd

Cant wait for this to go live!

Offline Wombat

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 06:47:40 »
I like it, the softer tones are rather pleasing actually.

Offline V. Vega

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 07:15:15 »
I filled out the form!

I love how pretty and soft this is and the custom legends are really cute. I would really love to see this set in KAT or even sculpted SA as I personally don't do well with uniform heights.

Offline stuey138

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 07:22:08 »
Will this be ABS or PBT?
Currently unknown while the set receives quotes from a couple more vendors.

Offline Minterly

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 09:37:45 »

I've never tried semi sculpted so I can't say how much I'd like it. I'll get my hands on some full sculpted set and mix with my uniform but for now, uniform R3 is pretty much set.

wow, It's crazy~!
maybe this will be my last sa profile keycap!! ;D
let's go!

I'd be honored! Thanks!!

Will this be ABS or PBT?

If I go with SP, it would be ABS doubleshot but the ideal would be PBT. I'm still talking to manufacturers to see where I can find a sweet spot for highest quality and lowest price.

I don't love the colors, but if it's a subtle pink it could still work, even though I'm not a huge fan of SA uniform profile (why, then, SA in the first place and not, say, DSA?) There seem to be a lot of additional keys included in the base set, so all that's really missing appears to be an ISO enter.

Also, consider (optional) text modifiers instead of only icon ones.

SA R3 because it's my favorites! Use Ice at home and Abyss at work. For ISO, there are about 6 keys total that would need to be made to offer full ISO compatibility. I will mock up a kit if enough people are interested and see what the pricing for a standalone would be by SP.

Optional text modifiers considered... I will ask SP for a quote on those right away.

Offline upas

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 09:38:58 »
This is lovely! I personally prefer SA Sculpted, but I'm in for this either way!

Offline Bhk1004

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 09:40:48 »
I filled out the form!

I love how pretty and soft this is and the custom legends are really cute. I would really love to see this set in KAT or even sculpted SA as I personally don't do well with uniform heights.

I believe many weeks ago OP mentioned that if this GB is popular enough, they will explore running it in GMK or something more common for people who dont like uniform.

Offline Mr.Elli0t

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 09:41:59 »
Love the look, especially the modifiers. Definitely don't change the modifiers they are fantastic! Looking forward to  purchasing these!  :thumb: :D

Offline Minterly

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 09:49:38 »
This is lovely! I personally prefer SA Sculpted, but I'm in for this either way!

Thanks for your support! 🎉

Offline Minterly

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 10:12:47 »
I filled out the form!

I will consider cherry profile if round one of SA R3 goes well!

Love the look, especially the modifiers. Definitely don't change the modifiers they are fantastic! Looking forward to  purchasing these!  :thumb: :D

Thank you!

Offline Full

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 10:20:32 »
Love it! Will definitely support :)
Hi!

Offline Hueeeeeeeee

• Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 10:45:16 »
I get RAMAWORKS vibes from the modifiers, that is not a bad thing.  :thumb:

Offline ingmar

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 10:48:01 »
For ISO, there are about 6 keys total that would need to be made to offer full ISO compatibility.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think it's actually 3 keys. The most important, of course, being the Enter key, followed by the
1u backslash and the 1.25u LShift, all of which (except for the enter) seem to be part of your set already. For the key left of Z any 1u will do in a pinch.

I will mock up a kit if enough people are interested and see what the pricing for a standalone would be by SP.

Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 May 2019, 10:50:30 by ingmar »

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 11:35:56 »
For ISO, there are about 6 keys total that would need to be made to offer full ISO compatibility.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think it's actually 3 keys. The most important, of course, being the Enter key, followed by the
1u backslash and the 1.25u LShift, all of which (except for the enter) seem to be part of your set already. For the key left of Z any 1u will do in a pinch.

I will mock up a kit if enough people are interested and see what the pricing for a standalone would be by SP.

Thanks a lot!
At minimum, you can fill the space in this way - but I'd argue that wouldn't be "full ISO compatibility". Depending on the ISO variant (I personally lean to ISO UK as I'm a Brit), differences in the numrow and middle two rows occur. In the case of ISO UK, the following keys would be needed:

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 11:48:51 »
I think the legends on the mods should be of the same thickness with the legends on the alphas. That's probably my only concern with this set, otherwise it's lovely. Would personally love to see fully sculpted, but that's personal preference and I can totally see why it might not fit your vision so I totally respect that. Probably would still see myself getting a kit should uniform R3 is the final call, but would definitely be a no brainer for me if fully sculpted. Nice work!

Offline Bhk1004

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 13:15:58 »

Thanks a lot!
At minimum, you can fill the space in this way - but I'd argue that wouldn't be "full ISO compatibility". Depending on the ISO variant (I personally lean to ISO UK as I'm a Brit), differences in the numrow and middle two rows occur. In the case of ISO UK, the following keys would be needed:
Show Image

eski you in?

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 13:20:11 »
eski you in?
So long as I get my quota of ISO UK, definitely I'd love to try SA R3, plus an excuse to stick the rose gold badge on my think6.5 is always good

Offline stuey138

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 13:21:20 »
eski you in?
So long as I get my quota of ISO UK, definitely I'd love to try SA R3, plus an excuse to stick the rose gold badge on my think6.5 is always good
ROSE GOLD

Offline Minterly

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 13:26:26 »
Show Image

I already have the shift and backslash/pipe so just 6 for ISO! Will probably make ISO just for you and pray it's reasonable pricing :)

Offline Minterly

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 13:29:57 »
Love it! Will definitely support :)

Thanks so much!

I get RAMAWORKS vibes from the modifiers, that is not a bad thing.  :thumb:

RAMA artisan would be AWESOME

I think the legends on the mods should be of the same thickness with the legends on the alphas. That's probably my only concern with this set, otherwise it's lovely. Would personally love to see fully sculpted, but that's personal preference and I can totally see why it might not fit your vision so I totally respect that. Probably would still see myself getting a kit should uniform R3 is the final call, but would definitely be a no brainer for me if fully sculpted. Nice work!

I would have designed my own alphas, but with SA profile it's just not feasible in terms of pricing. People above have mentioned concerns with the thickness of the mods compared to alphas and I will ask my awesome render guy to make scale adjustments so that new renders will be more accurate in terms of how the mods will compare with the alphas. The scaling that I want is how they look in the flatlays and they're currently a tad large in the renders 👍🏻

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 15:02:10 »
olivia dark
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Rensuya

• Blue is my spirit animal
    • Link to the discord!
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 15:18:21 »
Really like the colors, great job on the set. This will be my first SA set  :thumb:

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 15:31:40 »

What do you think of the icon ratios in the flat lays for the kits?

Better, but they still look disproportionate to the [ ]  \ ; ' / sort of keys.

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 15:46:46 »
I think I prefer this to SA Olivia, which is fantastic since I missed that one anyway. I've never particularly been a fan of SA profile, but as I watch how this goes on I might have to take the plunge into tallboi profile.

Offline stuey138

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 15:50:00 »
I think I prefer this to SA Olivia, which is fantastic since I missed that one anyway. I've never particularly been a fan of SA profile, but as I watch how this goes on I might have to take the plunge into tallboi profile.
Be a tall boi with me. I love how cute the mods are. Especially those hearts on the arrow keys <3. Hope you pick up the set and if you do, that increases the chance of a cherry run!

Offline Minterly

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 15:58:43 »
olivia dark

Hold up my grey and pink are both lighter than Olivia so.... olivia light? 😉

Better, but they still look disproportionate to the [ ]  \ ; ' / sort of keys.

I'll def take this into consideration! I don't have much leeway with alpha icons since I'm going with the standard and not a custom font 😔 I would love custom font but that would be hella $

Really like the colors, great job on the set. This will be my first SA set  :thumb:

Yes!! Join SA R3 Elite!

tallboi best boi wink wonk

Offline megaforce

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 16:29:56 »
damn this would have been a dank GMK set

shame its sa

:c
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline stuey138

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 16:32:36 »
damn this would have been a dank GMK set

shame its sa

:c
Support this and you'll get your gmk version so please share with all of your friends that like SA!

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 16:38:24 »

R1 uniform or bust

Offline MOON

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 17:22:36 »
This may be the first SA set to turn me over to the dark side.....

Offline stuey138

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 17:25:21 »
And if you don't like it, your support here will help there possibly be a cherry run which could be more to your liking!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 17:29:16 »
I saw the initial picture and was hoping for a light gray to be used to... I think this'd look great with light gray alphas. However it's still a pretty set.

Offline Minterly

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 17:56:59 »

R1 uniform or bust

oh my god you animal 👀

I saw the initial picture and was hoping for a light gray to be used to... I think this'd look great with light gray alphas. However it's still a pretty set.

I played around with light grey and ultimately decided that the darker grey leads to prettier contrast. Still, thanks for your kind words!

dark side best side! 👀

Offline chriszhu

• (* ̄(エ) ̄*)''
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 17:57:37 »
Nice, looking forward to this!