Author Topic: WHATS POWERING [CTRL]ALT TODAY  (Read 29753 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
WHATS POWERING [CTRL]ALT TODAY
« on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 11:41:22 »
as im chained to my desk most of the time, i end up sat here most of the day listening to vinyl, i think you can tell a lot about how my day is going based on what my choice of records is for that day

so partly because its a hobby i want to share as well as catalogue, im gonna use this thread a little like a music blog/running commentary of what is fuelling work on ctrl alt from day to day

i will post pictures of the vinyl im listening to that day, perhaps a little description of stuff, i may even throw some vaping related things in as well

most records nowadays come with an additional download code of the album, i listen to basically nothing digitally so whenever an album has a download code ill also post a pic of that as well, they normally only work for one person but whoever gets it each time, id be interested to hear your thoughts on whatever it is for

ill be starting this tomorrow and i will try and update it most days

for now, ill leave this thread open for any discussion on each days post etc, but if it starts getting too messy i may clean it up from time to time
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Re: WHATS POWERING [CTRL]ALT TODAY
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 11:44:17 »
sounds cool, what genre's of music do you tend to listen too?

and what kind of audio set up do you use?? do you have your turn table and pc going into one amp or are they separate ?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 11:46:37 »
sounds cool, what genre's of music do you tend to listen too?

and what kind of audio set up do you use?? do you have your turn table and pc going into one amp or are they separate ?

i listen to a ton of different stuff, but im sure you will get a bit of a theme going pretty quickly when i start posting

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 12:05:20 »
Cool, really glad to see that you decided to do this.   :thumb:   I'm sure I'll learn about a whole bunch of bands I didn't know about before, so I'll be following this close.  ;)

And like baldgye, I'm interested to see your setup. 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 14:15:02 »
There was me thinking it was going to be a description of [CTRL]ALT's servers or something :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 14:18:47 »
Nice, cool idea for a thread. A vinyl player is something that I want to get when I stop moving around so much.  :)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 15:08:32 »
yeah I'm also a bit curious about your turn table too tbh and what kind of functions it has etc !

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 19:41:35 »
There was me thinking it was going to be a description of [CTRL]ALT's servers or something :))

Me too; I got super excited, but this is cool too  :thumb:
❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 19:45:51 »

Me too; I got super excited, but this is cool too  :thumb:

This is better!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 20:24:23 »
Very cool, I'm a bit of a music collector as well, though I gave up on vinyl a bit because I don't have the desire to sink enough time/money into it.

Looking forward to seeing/hearing what powers you guys!
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 20:31:15 »
My fiancée would love you. She also collects vinyls. I am thinking of buying her a nicer player here soon.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 20:54:35 »
This would be so awesome. Would you like us to post pics of our album collections as well?

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 20:59:26 »
This post just made me sad. My collection of vinyl has been sitting in a corner of my room being neglected because of all the fun I'm having with keyboards.....

HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 21:00:42 »
This post just made me sad. My collection of vinyl has been sitting in a corner of my room being neglected because of all the fun I'm having with keyboards.....
I feel you dude. Sucks when you can't appreciate them yet you imagine and dream of listening yo them.

Offline yomammary

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 07:28:11 »
I need a turntable, I got a couple of LPs but nothing to listen them with :))
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline Belfong

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 07:33:45 »
I'd think that your download codes will only work for UK iTunes. It likely will not work across iTunes in other countries.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 07:38:25 »
I'd think that your download codes will only work for UK iTunes. It likely will not work across iTunes in other countries.

they dont come with itunes download codes

each record label as their own way of doing it, but they are worldwide and not country specific

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 07:53:58 »
Bandcamp is great

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 08:18:18 »
ok guys

here is my first real post of this thread

what im doing, is leaving out anything i listen to from the day before, then making the post the next day, yesterday i was pretty busy so didnt get through as much as normal

but here goes

have mercy - a place of our own

download code

fenix tx - threesome 7 inch

milk teeth - sad sack (number 212 of 300)

jack's mannequin - everything in transit (1st pressing)

and then i didnt listen to these next few, but wanted to include the second pressing of this album, and some other jack's stuff, which im sure at some point i will get round to doing full pics of in this thread

« Last Edit: Mon, 30 March 2015, 08:29:49 by BunnyLake »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 08:27:02 »
I got the Have Mercy download. Thank you! I'll give it a listen. :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 08:28:52 »
I got the Have Mercy download. Thank you! I'll give it a listen. :D

thats actually an album i purchased on a whim when i was buying some other stuff and listened to for the first time yesterday after having it for months, not my normal kinda album but i really enjoyed it

Offline Hzza

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 08:29:39 »
Fenix TX is a bit of a blast from the past, I remember seeing them with New Found Glory and RX Bandits like 10 years ago in Camden I think.

edit - 2001 :(.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 08:31:22 »
Fenix TX is a bit of a blast from the past, I remember seeing them with New Found Glory and RX Bandits like 10 years ago in Camden I think.

edit - 2001 :(.

i pretty sure i was at that same show haha

and yeah, every now and then you just need a bit of nostalgia, and that is one of those songs that epitomizes a certain period of my life

Offline Hzza

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 08:38:43 »
:D Same as that, 2000 to 2003ish was great for pop punk, it also coincided with my discovery of girls and booze :D. Lots of happy memories coming flooding back, thanks for the nostalgia bomb.

I know what I'll be listening to in the car on the way home from work now ;).

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 08:39:36 »
will have to google this stuff when i get home, does your turntable have a repeat function?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 08:40:34 »
:D Same as that, 2000 to 2003ish was great for pop punk, it also coincided with my discovery of girls and booze :D. Lots of happy memories coming flooding back, thanks for the nostalgia bomb.

I know what I'll be listening to in the car on the way home from work now ;).

i have a lot of stuff from that time, so expect to see some pop up randomly

yesterdays listens were a bit random, i had a big sort through of records so i was grabbing some kinda random stuff to play,but came across lots of goodies i had forgotten about to play over the next few days

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 08:41:43 »
will have to google this stuff when i get home, does your turntable have a repeat function?

i have a couple setups, whats at my desk is pretty basic compared to what i use in my living room, at some point ill get some pics and specs of that stuff, although i get my inheritance in the next week and plan to go pretty all out on a new set up

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 08:47:11 »

i have a couple setups, whats at my desk is pretty basic compared to what i use in my living room, at some point ill get some pics and specs of that stuff, although i get my inheritance in the next week and plan to go pretty all out on a new set up

look forward to it! I have an old turn table and now i finally have the room for it on a desk it would be nice to get some ideas of how to incorporate it into a desk worktop thing with my PC... though im a bit worried about vibrations from me banging my mouse and keyboard about in the heat of battle lol

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 14:44:10 »
Went through a minor Jack's Mannequin phase a while ago, I'll have to revisit them.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Jason_IRL

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 16:18:50 »

i will post pictures of the vinyl im listening to that day, perhaps a little description of stuff, i may even throw some vaping related things in as well

You vape? rad. what's your setup?

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 21:18:36 »
Literally wearing this shirt when i read your post, bunny. got it for pre-ordering Everything in Transit from Best Buy back in the day. Was a huge Something Corporate fan in high school. Will have to try and find those vinyls!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 09:13:54 »
Literally wearing this shirt when i read your post, bunny. got it for pre-ordering Everything in Transit from Best Buy back in the day. Was a huge Something Corporate fan in high school. Will have to try and find those vinyls!

Show Image

shirt is awesome sir

ill throw some something corporate in todays post which will be ready in an hour or so

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 09:53:13 »
ok todays post

gnarwolves - chronicles of gnarnia

digital download for someone

from autumn to ashes - the fiction we live

for the chap up top

something corporate - leaving through a window

and then on to 2 of my favourite albums of all time

i listen to these most days, but i wont keep posting them, but assume almost every day these are included

gallows - orchestra of wolves

gallows - grey britain

DOTCOM

« Last Edit: Fri, 06 July 2018, 04:18:58 by BunnyLake »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 10:26:59 »
Love the 'chronicles of gnarnia' vinyl

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 11:42:45 »
Excellent selection Bunny. I haven't listened to Gallows in a long time.

Offline yomammary

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 12:17:31 »
I haven't listened to Gallows in a long time.
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 16:29:03 »
ok todays post

gnarwolves - chronicles of gnarnia

Show Image

Show Image

digital download for someone
Show Image

from autumn to ashes - the fiction we live

Show Image

Show Image

for the chap up top

something corporate - leaving through a window

Show Image

Show Image

and then on to 2 of my favourite albums of all time

i listen to these most days, but i wont keep posting them, but assume almost every day these are included

gallows - orchestra of wolves

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

gallows - grey britain

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Gallows, From Autumn To Ashes, and So Co! **** yes!! Love them all! The vinyls look sick!

That Gnarwolves vinyl looks awesome, looks like someone else got the code. Ill have to youtube them, I like the art and name.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 07:46:30 »
sorry i didnt get round to a post yesterday

i had a baby scan and stuff and just had no time, i will have a new post for today though, but most likely not one on friday as i have family stuff

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 09:14:58 »
todays post

alexisonfire - crisis

download code

thursday - full collapse

download code

blacklisted - when people grow, people go

download code

jimmyeatworld - static prevails

lots of download codes today for you guys

Offline VivaGardner

• * Destiny Supporter
  • www.gboarding.com
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 12:26:11 »
Thank you!
Even good dogs go wild

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 12:31:11 »
I love seeing these selections everyday. I haven't listened to Thursday in what feels like forever and that Jimmy Eat World album brings me back to good times.  :)
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 12:32:40 »
any dream theater?  ;D

Offline yomammary

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 14:49:07 »
The new Blacklisted is soooo good.
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 16:24:21 »
Sick lineup.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 16:17:22 »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 17:28:40 »
http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/04/03/new-gallows-track-leviathan-rot-brings-the-mosh/

Bunny, you heard this new Gallows track yet?

sadly yes, its not that its bad, but like, i just cant listen to the new stuff, its basically a different band with the same name at this point, no frank is no bueno

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #46 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 10:48:51 »
todays post

gnarwolves - gnarwolves

download code

afi - answer that and stay fashionable

isis - holy tears

box car racer - box car racer

converge - no heroes

download code

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #47 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 11:26:31 »
I really appreciate the Gnarwolves, their music is pretty good, thank you for sharing them!

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 14:17:50 »
dood, black sails is such a good record!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 14:23:46 »
dood, black sails is such a good record!

i have everything by them, that just happened to be the one i fancied today, however im sure black sails will pop up shortly, in fact it will as now you have said it ill be putting it on now