Author Topic: [IC] The Banana Split 60 - Group Buy Launching June 1st!  (Read 183439 times)

Offline arhetue

Re: [IC] The Banana Split 60 a Universal Splitspacebar PCB w/ TheManBehindTheVan
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 16:54:03 »
Show Image

Absolutely love this layout. Not sold on the color scheme for the capset. Will be in for the pcb when the gb comes around! :thumb:

Offline waqar

Re: [IC] The Banana Split 60 a Universal Splitspacebar PCB w/ TheManBehindTheVan
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 18:45:04 »
Is the cap 'Only ANSI' or will there be child kits for NORDE/...
colors looking good

Looks really nice, could you please add icon modifiers as well. Apple modifier specifically Command?

We'll for sure add more child kits, this is just to get a general opinion on the color scheme :D.

I like the 3d rendering colors, not sure if they are the same colors in the 2d image.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #152 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 18:57:17 »
Is the cap 'Only ANSI' or will there be child kits for NORDE/...
colors looking good

Looks really nice, could you please add icon modifiers as well. Apple modifier specifically Command?

We'll for sure add more child kits, this is just to get a general opinion on the color scheme :D.

I like the 3d rendering colors, not sure if they are the same colors in the 2d image.

Different color, I'll get you guys a  3d render with the new brown sometime this week.

Offline tobsn

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 11:59:33 »
I just now see this IC... this is actually super close to my custom layout:

I call it ISODE - it supports those "lost" german ISO layout keys on the right around the enter.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 12:49:41 »
I just now see this IC... this is actually super close to my custom layout:

Show Image

Show Image

I call it ISODE - it supports those "lost" german ISO layout keys on the right around the enter.

Interesting... :o

Offline Phenix

« Reply #155 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 13:01:34 »
Please make an PCB for the ISODE
Winter is coming.

Offline tobsn

« Reply #156 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 13:09:36 »
Please make an PCB for the ISODE

if someone makes a nice PCB I have no problem with making a GB i even already have resources to do the switch plate... ;)

optimally of even have a case CNC'd... i just need the plans cause i suck at 3D and eagle/kicad

Offline Phenix

« Reply #157 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 14:28:44 »
im also bad with that
Anyway its an nice layout..
Winter is coming.

Offline tobsn

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 15:17:00 »
fyi since i'm dealing with my layout and 2x 2.75u spaces... there are almost no sets supporting this... you'll always end up with shift keys and you need to order possibly two full sets. it's very annoying and making me rethink the two short space keys.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #159 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 16:29:40 »
Is this PCB for Cherry mx and clones only? I would be interested in Alps/Matias and a HHKB layout with split Spacebar, split Backspace, and split Right Shift (1.75x Right Shift + 1.00x Fn).

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #160 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 17:01:37 »
Is this PCB for Cherry mx and clones only? I would be interested in Alps/Matias and a HHKB layout with split Spacebar, split Backspace, and split Right Shift (1.75x Right Shift + 1.00x Fn).

Cherry mx only.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #161 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 17:15:38 »
fyi since i'm dealing with my layout and 2x 2.75u spaces... there are almost no sets supporting this... you'll always end up with shift keys and you need to order possibly two full sets. it's very annoying and making me rethink the two short space keys.

I already suggested that (Quote below), but I didn't get any response to that :(, OP probably does not realize how much of a PITA that really is.

I don't know, I think keycap compatability might become an issue. Here is something I came up with that would use unused keys from full keysets:

Show Image

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #162 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 17:32:47 »

Cherry mx only.
Okay, thanks. Wish I liked Cherry mx switches. The layout possibilities are great.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #163 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 17:43:04 »

I already suggested that (Quote below), but I didn't get any response to that :(, OP probably does not realize how much of a PITA that really is.

I don't know, I think keycap compatability might become an issue. Here is something I came up with that would use unused keys from full keysets:

Show Image

Sorry I didn't respond, I remember someone else answering the question pretty well. With any new non-standard layout, keycaps will always be an issue. This is why we are giving people the option of a custom set that will fully cover this board. With any project like this sacrifices must be made. Yes we do not have pcb stabilizers, support for matias/alps switches, support for pcb mounted switches and a layout that isn't supported. But we bring you guys a PCB built around the split-bar layout. We are offering the most variety in split-spacebar layouts, in a 60% form factor that will fit all standard cases, and RGB underglow + inswitch LEDs. On top of this we are working on bringing plates that will support our layouts. This is a niche project and it will not be for everyone.

Sorry for the rant, but I have been seeing way too many comments about people asking for layouts or other things that we just can't provide. If we were to include every little thing the cost of the PCBs would not be affordable and a lot of it just can't be done, we have crammed as much as we could onto this PCB.

I hope this answers a lot of questions and I'll just refer people to this post if it has already been answered.

A small update as well, we have partnered with a company for the plates and are working out the details. :)

« Last Edit: Fri, 21 October 2016, 17:44:46 by Arhipio »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #164 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 17:47:03 »
Plate mounted stabs should be provided with the kit as they are not so common, procurement be a bit difficult and most people do not have any, yet. Plates should allow Costar and Cherry stabilizers, as many have cross-hate for one or the other type.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #165 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 17:47:55 »
Plate mounted stabs should be provided with the kit as they are not so common, procurement be a bit difficult and most people do not have any, yet. Plates should allow Costar and Cherry stabilizers, as many have cross-hate for one or the other type.
Thanks for the feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #166 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 17:59:51 »
Thanks for the feedback

You did a remarkable job including the main ISO/ANSI/HHKB plus a couple of nice split space bar options. As you said, this will not be for everyone and most selfish request for that singular layout will be dismissed, which is more than fair enough; I wonder now, what type of plates you will come with, that may put this on top of most of the usual projects for new sixty layouts. Here is your chance to get THE sixty kit to go for, if flexibility is a top priority. Are you planning on offering any bottom row corners covered plate options? It would be cool! If you consider that with a split space bar more than two modifiers per each side would be overcrowded. The HHKB has only five keys at the bottom, that has been proverbially elegant, between keyboard aficionados.

Offline tobsn

« Reply #167 on: Sat, 22 October 2016, 03:27:48 »

Show Image

Sorry I didn't respond, I remember someone else answering the question pretty well. With any new non-standard layout, keycaps will always be an issue. This is why we are giving people the option of a custom set that will fully cover this board. With any project like this sacrifices must be made. Yes we do not have pcb stabilizers, support for matias/alps switches, support for pcb mounted switches and a layout that isn't supported. But we bring you guys a PCB built around the split-bar layout. We are offering the most variety in split-spacebar layouts, in a 60% form factor that will fit all standard cases, and RGB underglow + inswitch LEDs. On top of this we are working on bringing plates that will support our layouts. This is a niche project and it will not be for everyone.

Sorry for the rant, but I have been seeing way too many comments about people asking for layouts or other things that we just can't provide. If we were to include every little thing the cost of the PCBs would not be affordable and a lot of it just can't be done, we have crammed as much as we could onto this PCB.

I hope this answers a lot of questions and I'll just refer people to this post if it has already been answered.

A small update as well, we have partnered with a company for the plates and are working out the details. :)

you mean those plates?
https://instagram.com/p/BLbnuKtheR7/

;)

fyi - I had them laser cut for $5... if you take 100 of those it's probably ~$2
(steel or alu)

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #168 on: Sat, 22 October 2016, 15:54:58 »
Thanks for the feedback

You did a remarkable job including the main ISO/ANSI/HHKB plus a couple of nice split space bar options. As you said, this will not be for everyone and most selfish request for that singular layout will be dismissed, which is more than fair enough; I wonder now, what type of plates you will come with, that may put this on top of most of the usual projects for new sixty layouts. Here is your chance to get THE sixty kit to go for, if flexibility is a top priority. Are you planning on offering any bottom row corners covered plate options? It would be cool! If you consider that with a split space bar more than two modifiers per each side would be overcrowded. The HHKB has only five keys at the bottom, that has been proverbially elegant, between keyboard aficionados.

Thanks for understanding. We'll look into having HHKB style plates, I can't disclose too much but the way we will be dropping the plates will be very unique. Once I get a confirmation I will instantly update you guys with what we got planned.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #169 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 22:55:15 »
Small little post, 3D render of the new colorway because people asked for it. Sorry I haven't been able to post any new updates. Updates coming soon, I promise!

Offline Lost2Frostbite

« Reply #170 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 23:07:45 »
Just started reading this thread and I am very curious about this concept and what case for it would look like :D keep up the good work ;)

Offline waqar

« Reply #171 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 14:29:26 »
Small little post, 3D render of the new colorway because people asked for it. Sorry I haven't been able to post any new updates. Updates coming soon, I promise!

Show Image

Looks nice, it would look even better if had Icon modifiers  ;D. Shut up and take my money :p

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 16:13:26 »
A minimalist Banana Split.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #173 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 16:32:17 »
I really like that.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #174 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 21:36:17 »

Show Image

Looks nice, it would look even better if had Icon modifiers  ;D. Shut up and take my money :p

This render is just to show the colorway. We can add icons :D

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #175 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 21:38:16 »

Show Image

Hehe awesome to see you guys messing around with layouts. It's sweet that we can support so many different options.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #176 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 22:13:11 »

Show Image

Hehe awesome to see you guys messing around with layouts. It's sweet that we can support so many different options.

It'd be only if a plate with blocked corners is available.  :p

Offline curvie

« Reply #177 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 03:54:00 »
Just caught up on this thread.  I'm digging the colorway! 

Looking forward to this GB :)

Offline JonBeGreen

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 06:14:51 »
This is amazing! I'm in for one of everything  :thumb:

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #179 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 10:45:16 »
This is amazing! I'm in for one of everything  :thumb:

Glad to hear :D

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #180 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 01:35:36 »
There is a GB going for a brushed stainless steel 60% plate and bent steel case. Anyone know if this PCB will be able to fit into it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/59xeag/gb_universal_60_steel_kit_group_buy/
AKA: /u/io2red on /r/mk
, Ducky YotM, Anne Pro, & Plum84 RGB (35g) | Waiting on: KBD75, & Keycaps.
Wanted:
More
Unknown :).

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #181 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 10:38:52 »
There is a GB going for a brushed stainless steel 60% plate and bent steel case. Anyone know if this PCB will be able to fit into it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/59xeag/gb_universal_60_steel_kit_group_buy/

Yes. See the HHKB Style Backspace in the OP. Pretty much every other 60% PCB supports that layout as well.

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #182 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 12:23:40 »

Yes. See the HHKB Style Backspace in the OP. Pretty much every other 60% PCB supports that layout as well.
Awesome! Just wanted to make sure. Looks like I will be making a Banana Split then. :)

If 4 more people order one of those cases then it'll be only $35 for a full brushed stainless steel 60% plate and bent steel case.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 October 2016, 13:11:49 by Omnipotent »
AKA: /u/io2red on /r/mk
, Ducky YotM, Anne Pro, & Plum84 RGB (35g) | Waiting on: KBD75, & Keycaps.
Wanted:
More
Unknown :).

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #183 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 14:05:37 »
If 4 more people order one of those cases then it'll be only $35 for a full brushed stainless steel 60% plate and bent steel case.

Hint, hint. I'm tempted to get another, but only want to if the price drops.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #184 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 14:18:14 »

Yeah it will support standard 60% cases :D. Glad to hear you are going to join the GB.

Offline apaskal

• Pro et Contra gadget reviews
« Reply #185 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 09:31:43 »
HHKB Banana Split

151982-0
My personal blog —  Pro et Contra gadget reviews!

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #186 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 10:30:31 »
^ this one is for me!

Except for the arrows, home/end/pgU/pgD placement...

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #187 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 10:53:24 »
HHKB Banana Split

(Attachment Link)

I don't think we can support that layout with the available options we have, but something very similar can be achieved. With the 3rd layout.

Offline apaskal

• Pro et Contra gadget reviews
« Reply #188 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 11:05:45 »
HHKB Banana Split

(Attachment Link)

I don't think we can support that layout with the available options we have, but something very similar can be achieved. With the 3rd layout.

I wish you'll be able

151986-0
My personal blog —  Pro et Contra gadget reviews!

Offline tobsn

« Reply #189 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 11:08:47 »
@Arhipio who's building the PCB?

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #190 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 11:18:49 »
I am :)

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #191 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 11:38:07 »
HHKB Banana Split

(Attachment Link)

I wish you'll be able

(Attachment Link)

Huh, interesting I guess it could be possible. I imagine the spacing wouldn't be perfect.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #192 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 11:39:19 »
I am :)

+1  :thumb:

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 22:07:41 »
Hey guys sorry for the lack of updates, I'm hoping we can release more information on the PCB this week! In the meantime if you haven't already check out the Borealis set that I worked on with Jme. http://pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-borealis-keyset/

Offline ticktwo

• -kbdfan
« Reply #194 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 03:02:20 »
interesting  :rolleyes:
HHKB | Leopold FC750R | Mech27 (soon) | TX-75 (soon)

Offline tomboy

« Reply #195 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 03:49:49 »
Hey guys sorry for the lack of updates, I'm hoping we can release more information on the PCB this week! In the meantime if you haven't already check out the Borealis set that I worked on with Jme. http://pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-borealis-keyset/

:thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #196 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 07:15:47 »
No worries about updates; but, what is the status of the project?  :p

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #197 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 10:56:00 »
No worries about updates; but, what is the status of the project?  :p

We're in the process of finalizing the PCB and atm we are in contact with a company that will produce our plates. I'll take to Jme later to see if we can get some more renders and new potential colorways for the keyset.

Offline jgodinez302

« Reply #198 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 11:29:15 »
This is exactly what I've been looking to do lately! I'm so in.

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta
« Reply #199 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 14:14:51 »
This PCB will be perfect for my massively indecisive self xD