Author Topic: [GB] SA Retro [Closed]  (Read 530488 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: [GB] SA Retro
« Reply #1150 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 08:56:17 »
Hey everyone, This is my first time joining GB with CTRL.ALT.
My order is #299139,

I'm just curious if there's anyone with a higher order # (e.g #299140, 141 and so on) has received the keycaps?

its not done via order number

cody is however working through orders

he did a huge amount of packing last night

and to finish this gb there is only 1, maybe 2 more sessions work

you will get a shipping notification once your order ships

Cool! Thanks for the clarification Bunny.
The more I see the pics posted here, the more anxious (or excited rather) I get. :p

Cody must have been very busy now as I'm still waiting for his reply of my address changes. But well, It seems like it can be done on ctrltalt.io now. Cheers!

yeah you can change it on ctrl alt anytime

and cody doesnt really  come on gh much so it takes him a while to get to pms
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline ribo

« Reply #1151 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 09:59:11 »
BTW, apropos of nothing, now that I've gotten a few days of typing in on these fully sculptured SA keys, can I just say how amazing they are? It's my first SA set -- before this I had been using the DSA eve set, and before that always just DCS etc. These SA Retro keys are by far my favorite profile. The heft of the keys have a good sense of momentum, the spherical tops really cup your fingers pleasingly (particularly the deeper F and J), and the smooth finish feels so nice. Once I tracked down the EVE set, I considered stopping there, but I'm really glad I also decided to participate in this GB. Now if only I'd gotten the PETSCIIs :)

Yeah, my first were the Hack'd by geeks set, I put them on my poker II with the low profile CNC'd acrylic case from massdrop and reversed the feet so it has a slight negative angle, which seems to be optimal ergonomically (for me).  If you haven't tried a negative pitch with sculpted SAs, you should.  The downside is that I ended up having to use some upside-down DCS keys for the bottom thumb row as I started getting a callus on my thumbs from the edge...

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1152 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 11:00:59 »
i just threw mine on a board finally, the petcii set came out amazing

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1153 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 11:03:04 »
After seeing pictures of the PETSCII I am so glad I ended up adding it to my order.

Offline TheCowGod

« Reply #1154 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 12:01:26 »
Yeah, my first were the Hack'd by geeks set, I put them on my poker II with the low profile CNC'd acrylic case from massdrop and reversed the feet so it has a slight negative angle, which seems to be optimal ergonomically (for me).  If you haven't tried a negative pitch with sculpted SAs, you should.  The downside is that I ended up having to use some upside-down DCS keys for the bottom thumb row as I started getting a callus on my thumbs from the edge...

That's a good idea. I'm trying it now, and I'm actually liking it a good bit. With DCS and DSA, I use the legs on the KB to get a positive pitch, and I had definitely found that with this SA set I needed to stow the legs and put the board flat on the desk. It hadn't occurred to me to try going even farther in that direction. I'll give this a try for a while and see if it keeps feeling right. Thanks for the suggestion.

Offline techmattr

« Reply #1155 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 13:14:15 »

Offline blastoid

« Reply #1156 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 13:52:11 »
Took some quick shot today.  ;D

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

:eek:  The Minila looks so amazing.
I don't own one, but indeed, I regard it as the perfect layout.

Offline FuriousGeorge

« Reply #1157 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 14:15:32 »
petscii looks amazing .. just a quick question for the colemak / dvorak users out there .. how many of you got the petscii and would join a mini groupbuy for petscii - colemak/dvorak .. i guess the min moq with sp is 25 ( waiting on confirmation from matteo )

I'll go ahead and chime in to say that I actually wouldn't be interested in joining that GB. I have True Retro with the Dvor/mak keys and PETSCII, and to me it's one or the other. Having the Dvorak keys with the PETSCII labels would seem odd to me.

Now...... I'd totally be in if you wanted to run a buy for an extra set of just mods so those of us with PETSCII had enough keys to fill out a second board (maybe even limited to 60%)

I'd be in for that, but I don't know it there would be enough interest. It would be nice to at least have the , . / ; '  keys to fill out two sets of alphas. In hindsight it would have been nice if normal aphas, full alpha petscii, retro mods, and burgundy mods were all separate so you could mix and match, but I can understand that would have been more difficult to organize. With the weird key sizes on my Minila I'm able to use it on both that and a standard layout with some blanks and other keys filling out the missing keys, but if there is interest in a petscii to 60% conversion set count me in.

Offline shrubkeys

« Reply #1158 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 16:28:15 »
petscii looks amazing .. just a quick question for the colemak / dvorak users out there .. how many of you got the petscii and would join a mini groupbuy for petscii - colemak/dvorak .. i guess the min moq with sp is 25 ( waiting on confirmation from matteo )

I'll go ahead and chime in to say that I actually wouldn't be interested in joining that GB. I have True Retro with the Dvor/mak keys and PETSCII, and to me it's one or the other. Having the Dvorak keys with the PETSCII labels would seem odd to me.

Now...... I'd totally be in if you wanted to run a buy for an extra set of just mods so those of us with PETSCII had enough keys to fill out a second board (maybe even limited to 60%)

I'd be in for that, but I don't know it there would be enough interest. It would be nice to at least have the , . / ; '  keys to fill out two sets of alphas. In hindsight it would have been nice if normal aphas, full alpha petscii, retro mods, and burgundy mods were all separate so you could mix and match, but I can understand that would have been more difficult to organize. With the weird key sizes on my Minila I'm able to use it on both that and a standard layout with some blanks and other keys filling out the missing keys, but if there is interest in a petscii to 60% conversion set count me in.

Actually, I just emailed Melissa about that very thing (rounding out PETSCII, that is - not Dvorak). :) Was waiting to get it cleared with Bunny, but he gave me the go-ahead a couple days ago. When she gives me a quote I'll post it.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1159 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 19:22:50 »
Took some quick shot today.  ;D

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

:o  The Minila looks so amazing.
I don't own one, but indeed, I regard it as the perfect layout.

That's CTRL/ALT for you, they take an ordinary Keyboard and suddenly change it into something VERY special.

This is the essence of Geekhack my friends, taking unloved input devices with weird layouts and transforming them into unique Keyboards rarely seen anywhere  8) .

Offline Cafeine

• GeekZone
« Reply #1160 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 21:44:28 »
Speaking of Minila...

BOOM. That little thing just became SO SEXY. Most satisfying sound & feel since my Topre 55g (nothing like it, but it's perfect for change of "scenery" )   I love that set on my Minila Air and I'm considering buying a BIGGER MX board to not let so many leftovers rot. I have a filco Numpad to dress too btw. And I bought too many space bars...

BTW, my mini spacebar is not perfect : 2 bumps, from the molding I guess? No big deal but meh. I'll try to make a better pic of that prob. And yep, I have NO IDEA of the way it should be fixed. :x

(Damn I wish that forum was using something modern like Discourse :p)
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 September 2015, 21:46:15 by Cafeine »
Own : HHKB Type-S | Leopold FC660C (x2 - 1st Gen & 2014 silenced) | RealForce 87U TKL (55g uniform) | RF 23U | Minila Air MX Blue
Sold : RealForce 88UB 45g | Leopold FC660M (MX Clear) | Filco MJ2 TKL (MX Brown) |  KeyCool 84 (MX Black) | CodeKeyboard TKL (MX Clear)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1161 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 21:50:10 »
Speaking of Minila...

Show Image

Show Image

BOOM. That little thing just became SO SEXY. Most satisfying sound & feel since my Topre 55g (nothing like it, but it's perfect for change of "scenery" )   I love that set on my Minila Air and I'm considering buying a BIGGER MX board to not let so many leftovers rot. I have a filco Numpad to dress too btw. And I bought too many space bars...

BTW, my mini spacebar is not perfect : 2 bumps, from the molding I guess? No big deal but meh. I'll try to make a better pic of that prob. And yep, I have NO IDEA of the way it should be fixed. :x

(Damn I wish that forum was using something modern like Discourse :p )

Is it the lighting, or the material / color of the space bar is a little bit different than the key caps'?

Offline Cafeine

• GeekZone
« Reply #1162 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 21:54:24 »
Speaking of Minila...

Show Image

Show Image

Is it the lighting, or the material / color of the space bar is a little bit different than the key caps'?

Nah it's the orientation but it's not "perfect", but it's hard to take a "good" picture to show the "problem". Well, I'm whining a bit here, it's still VERY good and anyway ➜
A BIG FAT THANK to Matt3o and all the people involved in this GB. <3 <3 <3
Own : HHKB Type-S | Leopold FC660C (x2 - 1st Gen & 2014 silenced) | RealForce 87U TKL (55g uniform) | RF 23U | Minila Air MX Blue
Sold : RealForce 88UB 45g | Leopold FC660M (MX Clear) | Filco MJ2 TKL (MX Brown) |  KeyCool 84 (MX Black) | CodeKeyboard TKL (MX Clear)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1163 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 21:57:00 »
Speaking of Minila...

Show Image

Show Image

Nah it's the orientation but it's not "perfect", but it's hard to take a "good" picture to show the "problem". Well, I'm whining a bit here, it's still VERY good and anyway ➜
A BIG FAT THANK to Matt3o and all the people involved in this GB. <3 <3 <3

Enjoy it buddy, and whining, from time to time, is not always a bad thing.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1164 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 22:10:52 »

WE all do it fairly well here on Geekhack and that sometimes can be a blessed thing  8) .

Helps everyone to pick up their standards and accomplish more than what they had been previously dishing out.

Offline MrWildBunnycat

« Reply #1165 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 05:04:06 »
Just received a surprise package!  ;D
Came unexpected since I never received a tracking number or e-mail (tracking still empty on the order page).
So far loving this BEAUTIFUL set. I've put it on my Poker 2 to try out and later going to put it on my Filco
Thanks!

Offline potatowire

« Reply #1166 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 09:18:03 »
Speaking of whining, it does look like SP miss-cut some legends, and Bunny mentioned they would do corrections if the issue was widespread. The smaller G was mentioned earlier, but I also have a "wavy" D and scooped. I can live with all of these things and none of it diminishes my love for this glorious set. That shouldn't necessarily let SP off the hook, however.

Offline FuriousGeorge

« Reply #1167 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 11:13:19 »
Speaking of whining, it does look like SP miss-cut some legends, and Bunny mentioned they would do corrections if the issue was widespread. The smaller G was mentioned earlier, but I also have a "wavy" D and scooped. I can live with all of these things and none of it diminishes my love for this glorious set. That shouldn't necessarily let SP off the hook, however.

I'm curious about the 2u colemak backspace as well. It was mentioned in the modern selectric thread they were redoing that, but I hadn't heard if there was going to be a replacement for retro. I didn't want to bug bunny or sp if it was already in the works.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1168 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 11:37:32 »

WE all do it fairly well here on Geekhack and that sometimes can be a blessed thing  8) .

Helps everyone to pick up their standards and accomplish more than what they had been previously dishing out.

Wise-whiners.

Offline pkircher

« Reply #1169 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 23:06:25 »
is there an aprox timeframe when the rest will be shipped ?

thanks alot
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 September 2015, 10:46:07 by pkircher »

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #1170 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 13:57:23 »

EDIT :

... forgot to say thaaaaaaaaanks !

:thumb:
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 September 2015, 14:08:47 by Lpwl »

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1171 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 14:08:40 »
Show Image

Show Image

Long time no see friend.
The azerty legends look fine for the most part, aside from the ç that looks kind of weird.
Hopefully mine will arrive soon :o
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1172 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 19:19:03 »
Show Image

Show Image

EDIT :

Absolutely GON-terrific  :thumb: .

Offline PicklesKill

« Reply #1173 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 22:53:39 »
Did anyone else get a wobbly "J"

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1174 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 07:52:00 »
Show Image

Show Image

EDIT :

It is a shame Mr. GON has not been as responsive as usual, lately.

Offline Rynji

« Reply #1175 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 08:22:08 »

Thanks to everyone involved!

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1176 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 09:18:01 »
So what's the process for getting our ISO inverted colons fixed? Should we open a ticket at Ctrl|Alt or is it already being handled?
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1177 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 09:24:29 »
So what's the process for getting our ISO inverted colons fixed? Should we open a ticket at Ctrl|Alt or is it already being handled?

so matteo made the order with sp, so as a result, he needs to contact them about replacements etc, that being said, i have been lax about asking him to do that, i guess i was waiting for a few more sets to land to make sure no other issues were spotted (this and that one backspace sizing issue)

as those are the only things that have come up, ill speak to matteo about us contacting sp and getting them fixed, obviously because it affects each kit these respective keys are in, we know everyone who has been affected already

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1178 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 11:20:50 »

we are working on it

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #1179 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 11:37:41 »
I have passed my set along, but thank you everyone at CtrlAlt and Matt3o for the memories. It brought me back to my early early childhood...
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline andCoffee

« Reply #1180 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 20:53:15 »
I have passed my set along, but thank you everyone at CtrlAlt and Matt3o for the memories. It brought me back to my early early childhood...

Thanks! It arrived today!  Still getting used to the SA profile, but it matches my desk very nicely.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #1181 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 21:12:51 »

Thanks! It arrived today!  Still getting used to the SA profile, but it matches my desk very nicely.

Show Image

Yes. It certainly does look nice with your overall decorum.  :thumb:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1182 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 00:00:41 »

Show Image

Urgh, what a very unpleasant sight, seeing Matt3o's beautiful key-set being so blatantly crapped on by having that awful Jobsie creation sitting behind it.

Please first step in your recovery as an adult, get rid of that iMac as soon as possible and build yourself a real PC that accentuates your keyboard and not make it look so terrible.

Offline andCoffee

« Reply #1183 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 00:13:21 »

Show Image

Urgh, what a very unpleasant sight, seeing Matt3o's beautiful key-set being so blatantly crapped on by having that awful Jobsie creation sitting behind it.

Please first step in your recovery as an adult, get rid of that iMac as soon as possible and build yourself a real PC that accentuates your keyboard and not make it look so terrible.

You can pry the 5k display from my cold, dead hands.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1184 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 00:31:24 »
You can pry the 5k display from my cold, dead hands.

They all say that, until I snap off the last of their digits  8) .

Sometimes the average Mac user needs the most therapy here to get over their sickness in Apple worship.....  Just like all cult followers you need to treat them with strict kindness and understanding.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1185 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 00:58:17 »
Macs aren't that bad. It's a pretty decent OS and the hardware is really nice. There's room enough for all OSs :)

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1186 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 02:29:43 »

we are working on it

3450269]

so matteo made the order with sp, so as a result, he needs to contact them about replacements etc, that being said, i have been lax about asking him to do that, i guess i was waiting for a few more sets to land to make sure no other issues were spotted (this and that one backspace sizing issue)

as those are the only things that have come up, ill speak to matteo about us contacting sp and getting them fixed, obviously because it affects each kit these respective keys are in, we know everyone who has been affected already
[/quote]

Thank you both! Good work so far, it's a lovely set.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #1187 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 05:55:20 »
I realise this has been asked before. Although that was some time ago.

Has all the sets shipped yet? Mine has not arrived and status on Ctrlalt.io is still waiting. No tracking number received either. Thanks in advanced.

Offline pkircher

« Reply #1188 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 06:02:38 »
nether has my stuff, nor the set of a friend in the us,

an estimated timeframe would be very nice!

thanks

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1189 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 07:24:00 »

Has all the sets shipped yet? Mine has not arrived and status on Ctrlalt.io is still waiting. No tracking number received either. Thanks in advanced.

nope we have one session left to ship on this to wrap up the rest of the sets, hopefully itll all be finished this week

thank you for you patience

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #1190 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 07:34:42 »

nope we have one session left to ship on this to wrap up the rest of the sets, hopefully itll all be finished this week

Thank you for the information and thank you for all the hard work. Much appreciated!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1191 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 07:36:00 »

Thank you for the information and thank you for all the hard work. Much appreciated!

no problem, sorry for the delay, we are juggling shipping this and hyperfuse at the same time, and we ended up doing a very large order of hyuperfuse of 100 sets that all needed to be hand sorted, so that took a good few days, that was completed and shipped yesterday so the next session is on this gb, and should be all wrapped up in a day

Offline pkircher

« Reply #1192 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 07:50:30 »
amazing news ! thanks alot

Offline mrklaw

« Reply #1193 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 10:04:13 »
It's been hard to wait while seeing everyone else's pictures, but I understand since I waited until the last minute to order. Looking forward to receiving mine.
Ducky Zero with DSA Dolch and SA Vim key

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1194 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 10:53:23 »
It's been hard to wait while seeing everyone else's pictures, but I understand since I waited until the last minute to order. Looking forward to receiving mine.

not long good sir, i hope they are worth the wait for you

Offline skaloola

« Reply #1195 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 14:39:57 »
still patiently waiting on mine...

really wishing I would have bought the PETSCII kit.  (doubly so for missing out on that SA Vim escape key =().

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #1196 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 14:40:44 »

not long good sir, i hope they are worth the wait for you

Yes, they are definitely worth the wait...  :thumb:

Offline temporal

• gear for the gear god
« Reply #1197 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 16:50:25 »

really wishing I would have bought the PETSCII kit.  (doubly so for missing out on that SA Vim escape key =().

you and me both!

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1198 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 22:07:04 »

I got a couple of SA Vim keys a while ago. Unfortunately they're not the same profile as the Escape row (they're flat, not angled). Hopefully I can find a place for one on my Retro set

Offline The Nude Wizard

« Reply #1199 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 02:27:15 »
Got some tan plasti dip today, i think it turned out ok.