Author Topic: Greetings fellow Keyboard nerds  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Jumpy

Greetings fellow Keyboard nerds
« on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 12:52:02 »
Hey folks, I've been getting into keyboards over the last year working with some serious nerds.

They were working with some custom projects so I've had the pleasure of seeing a lot of cool boards in a relatively short time.

My current setup is a Leopold (China) FC660M with Cherry reds, an aluminum case and IMSTO PBT Hangul Keycaps.

I'm planning on starting up some project boards over the next couple of months through GBs and such. Looking forward to being part of the community!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Greetings fellow Keyboard nerds
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 05:15:29 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

That's a nice looking FC660M you have!  The aluminium case really suits it :)

Are the white keycaps stock FC660M?  Including the one with the picture of the keyboard on it?  I don't recall seeing that on an FC660M before.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 05:35:57 »
Welcome 8) always look forward to meeting new enthusiasts! The DIY projects are my favorite part of GeekHack. I hope to see you around  :thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Jumpy

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 16:52:16 »
Welcome 8) always look forward to meeting new enthusiasts! The DIY projects are my favorite part of GeekHack. I hope to see you around  :thumb:

Yep, those are stock PBT caps that came on the board. I got it from colleagues at my old job, but it was new-in-box. They might be different caps than those on the "real" FC660Ms from Leopold Korea (vs. these from Leopold China, a previous manufacturer for the Korean co.) You can tell because not many sets come with that space bar :p

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 22:35:54 »
sup yo
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline mattbox

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 22:54:01 »
Awesome, sounds like you'll be ahead of the curve on the custom keyboard scene.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 22:55:04 »
Awesome, sounds like you'll be ahead of the curve on the custom keyboard scene.
thats.. not custom.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.